Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-12-2007, 01:50 PM   #1
Kenz Camaro

Drives: 1994 Impala SS
The Latest Breaking News

Well, I checked out the Vert Concept today and yes, it's even MORE spectacular in person! Where do I start; I was one of the only people there at 5:00 as they rolled it AND the Holden Efijy out of the carrier. Before they drove into the parking lot at Donut Derelicts, that custom car called the "789" showed up (Combo '57, '58, '59 Chevy), and also a turbine powered Cadillac was there, sheesh! Chip Foose showed up and jumped right in the Camaro, fired it up, and revved it a couple times. I talked with a Director of Design, a lead interior designer and a lead exterior designer. I heard the interior is 80%-90% close to the production version, the coupe WILL have a "B" pillar, I heard the Director telling Chip how the gas fill needs to be placed more forward relative to the rear wheel, the side mirrors and door handles WON'T make production (we knew that), and the side clearance lights need to be a bit larger.
They handed out "media kit" flyers and, probably because I was the only nerd there with an Orange concept shirt and an Orange Camaro hat, I think I'm the only one who was handed a flash drive/memory stick; it came in a leather case and has a flap with a metal plate with "GM" on it. I plugged it in and it has "beach" pics of the vert and of another little green concept something (sorry, still a little overwhelmed).
I stuck around until the end and followed the cars back to the carrier where there was no more crowd so I asked, and they let ME SIT IN IT!
I took a bunch of pics but I am not much with a camera and I'll try to post some pics here.
DRAGONEYE, I got a shot of the rear seat area but you can't see much. There was probably a little more rear seat leg room than I expected BUT, talking with the interior designer, he mentioned how the concept has pretty much full length cushions in back which will probably be 4" - 5" shorter in production which should mean MORE leg room. I also asked about the steering column controls and it's the usual; blinker/hi beam and tilt on the left and wipers on the right. The radio is NOT functional BUT there were controls for it and cruise on the BACK of the steering wheel.
WOW..........
Ken
Uh, as I stated, I am not a camera whizz but it looks like ALL my JPGs are in the 600+ kb range which I guess is TOO BIG? Can anyone help me with posting pics?
Thanx and sorry for the bandwidth
Kenz Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:37 PM   #2
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Well this is big news... b pillar is a go.. which means rear windows probably wont roll on a coupe.

Betting that 10-20% change in the interior is the guages, rearview, steering wheel, headliner,seatbelts.

Read about the gas cap on another sight.. and he forgets to mention its getting moved to the sidewall.

Plus its good to know the backseat wont just be for looks... the backseat of the mustang is a joke for anyone over 5foot4inch.

Btw Grats on sitting in it.. alot of us are going to be jealous now!!
The_Stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:12 AM   #3
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Kenz, Kenz, Kenz...you lucky S.O.B.!!! Regarding it looking better in person, I have to say it. I told ya so!

On posting up the pix, start a new thread for them in the pix/media section and try to do the manage attatchments deal. Then, click browse and click on the pic. If it says file size is too large, you can use a photo hosting site such as photobucket. If you don't have an account there, sign up...it's free. But, if you ever delete the pic from photobucket, it's gone from any site you have ever posted it up on.

I would have loved to have been there and met those folks. I seriously envy you and the fact you saw Chip Foose. That man is unbeleivable when it comes to cars. I would have fallen over in overload with all that going on.

I was told gas cap would be moved, but not to the side. Of course, nothing in stone. B-Pillar, yes. But they are trying to do a smoked glass over the pillar making it look like it's not there when the windows are up (so I've heard ).

Again. I'm very happy you got to experience the Camaro and all that went on during the event. Every chance I get, I go to those events. But, all too often, I have to cut them short to get back in town for work...:(

Now, let's see those pix!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:21 PM   #4
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Damn I'm so jealous, and you got to meet Chip Foose. I wish I could have made it. Leaving here at 8:30 PM friday night would have gotten me there just in time for it, but no sleep at all. Plus I didn't have my digital camera at work. Oh well. Tag please please please let me know if they ever plan on showing the vert or even the coupe in northern cali.
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:20 AM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Vert Pix from Donut Derelicts : from kenz Camaro

As you all know, our lucky Camaro5 member, Kenz Camaro, got the opportunity to see the vert up close and personal. He even managed to talk his way into getting to sit in the drivers seat. Here's his pix of the event.

1. Ken in the vert
2. Shot of Donut D's sticker on vert
3. Caliper
4. 789 vehicle
Attached Images

Old 05-15-2007, 02:24 AM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

And here's a few more

1. Design Team
2. Ken, Tom Peters, and Chip Foose
3. Tom and Chip talking about the gas cap location
Attached Images

Old 05-15-2007, 06:11 AM   #7
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Cool shots and a nice opportunity.
Is there a thread about this?
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:19 AM   #8
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
Awesome shots thanks for sharing
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:53 AM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
Cool shots and a nice opportunity.
Is there a thread about this?
The dates were originally discussed under the 2007 Concept Tour sched thread and had included the donut derelicts event. I moved the posts over here to make a new thread w/ Kenz's pix and story.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:49 PM   #10
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Can anyone explain to me what you guys mean by "B" pillar? This question might have been answered already but it says that it wont be able to have the rear window roll down now, but how does this "B" pillar affect it? And thats awesome by the way that the back seat will be bigger cause im gonna need plenty of room back there if u catch me drift.
Thanks if you can help me with my question.
AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:20 PM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I'll sum up the b-pillar question the best I can. Right now, the concept has no b-pillar. If there were a b-pillar, it would connect from the roof to the bottom edge of the window just behind the back of the door. It would basically be a metal peice that seperates the rear window from the front window and is a part of the car. The a-pillar is at the front of the windshield. The b-pillar is in the middle between the front and rear doors. The C-pillar is the rear of the roof and rear window.

They must put in the pillar for safety crash test ratings or it won't be insured by some insurance companies. But, from what I hear...it will have smoked glass so you can't see the pillar.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:51 PM   #12
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
oooooo ok. Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up tag. The glass is a good way to make it look cool and be safe at the same time.
AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:04 AM   #13
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
Personally I'm glad it has a B-pillar. It would be a huge weight penalty to go with a true hardtop due to all the extra bracing in the roof.
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:46 AM   #14
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSNightrod View Post
Personally I'm glad it has a B-pillar. It would be a huge weight penalty to go with a true hardtop due to all the extra bracing in the roof.
There are only two reasons I see a b-pillar coming in handy. 1. If the car rolls over on it's roof...which I don't think I'll be doing. 2. If the vehicle gets t-boned...in which case I'm probably going to get messed up anyway, so I still say get rid of the b-pillar.

And what still gets me is that the Vert does not need a b-pillar. That is just not fair!