Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 05-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #29
AbsolutHank

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 M6
I went by and looked at it today...sharp!
AbsolutHank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #30
paw29

Drives: 2000 camaro
Talking paw29

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCruSSh View Post
I take it yours is the black with gray interior that came in yesterday? Congrats dude! Maybe I'll see you tomorrow at the shindig! Hope the weather stays clear for you today.
no mine is the victoryred/ss/rs with polished wheels--did not pick it up today--weather was to bad- so iwill try again tomorrow around noon, than drive it to work it looks amazing
paw29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:15 PM   #31
wooav8tor
2G1FC1EV0A9107755

Drives: '10 Black 2LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by paw29 View Post

no mine is the victoryred/ss/rs with polished wheels--did not pick it up today--weather was to bad- so iwill try again tomorrow around noon, than drive it to work it looks amazing
I've been waiting all day to hear your update. Bummer about the weather and I'm afraid it's not gonna be a great deal better tomorrow either. Best of luck. Are you planning on going back for the reveal event?
wooav8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #32
wooav8tor
2G1FC1EV0A9107755

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw29 View Post

Hmmm...I wonder if the black one is an extra dealer car for the reveal? I noticed an update for three known VINs for Sport that doesn't include Paw's red ss. I believe the new third listing that I hadn't noticed before was a black 1lt. Too bad it's not my 2lt that they planned on surprising me with tomorrow. Ha. A fella can dream.....
Old 05-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #33
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
that car is georgeous!

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #34
AbsolutHank

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 M6
I saw the black 1LT car tonight at sport...parked right behind it the IOM 2SS. Had the 19" wheels though
AbsolutHank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:01 PM   #35
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickfromMD View Post
The people at Sport Chevrolet were very nice. They even let me sit in it even though my order is with another dealer.
Myself , the sales guy, and another customer all tested versions seating arrangements in the back seat. The other customer was 6’1” and was a biit cramped in the back with the 200 lbs plus sales guy in the driver’s seat. Myself who is 190 lbs and 5’10” managed to fit ok in the back with the sales guy adjusted so he could drive. My head hit the liner, but with a bit of movement it was ok. I think it will work well enough

Patrick
The CAR IS THE SAME AS I ORDERED (except that 4k wheel option)
very nice
Sport = 1, Criswell = 0
No dealer emblem except for the LP bracket!! Way to go dealer!!!
Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #36
OrangeCruSSh

Drives: 2010 Camaro/2500HD Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooav8tor View Post
Hmmm...I wonder if the black one is an extra dealer car for the reveal? I noticed an update for three known VINs for Sport that doesn't include Paw's red ss. I believe the new third listing that I hadn't noticed before was a black 1lt. Too bad it's not my 2lt that they planned on surprising me with tomorrow. Ha. A fella can dream.....
Let's hope we get ours faster then we thought. You think the car is spoken for or was this a dealer car they are getting? I hope this is a customer car.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #37
wooav8tor
2G1FC1EV0A9107755

Quote:
Let's hope we get ours faster then we thought. You think the car is spoken for or was this a dealer car they are getting? I hope this is a customer car.
I'll have to check that thread and see if it's updated any more. I believe I saw one that was a red 2ss so that must've been Paw's. It'd be great if there was a surprise or two in store for us this evening!

What time are you going? Just spoke w/ Robert Kramer and apparently everything's still a go for this evening. Festivities kick off around 5 including registrations?? Ummm....perhaps a raffle drawing for a free camaro?? Around 6 o'clock the car will be unveiled.

I'm hoping I can get my fiancee moving so we're there by 6 at the latest.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:13 PM   #38
OrangeCruSSh

Nice turn out a Sport tonight! And wow! Those 2 cars rocked!!!! I soooo want my car now...can't wait much longer. What did you guys think?
Old 05-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #39
wooav8tor
2G1FC1EV0A9107755

Quote:
Nice turn out a Sport tonight! And wow! Those 2 cars rocked!!!! I soooo want my car now...can't wait much longer. What did you guys think?
We should have had a secret handshake or wore name tags or something. I was lookin for ya. Once I saw the turnout I decided against going up to everyone, "Hey are you orangecrussh? I'm wooav8tor!"

What a fun evening! Did ya see the fella helping Robert take the cover off of the IOM? That was me. Ha. I was hangin out w/ my fiancee when he called me over. I was thinkin he was going to give my workbench order update, instead he asked me to help him take off the cover. Suuuuure.

Our number was one of the ones called for the raffle as well. Funny as I had held off from getting that book but was just about to order it off of Amazon for Kim's birthday next month. When she went up to claim it I wished her an early happy birthday.

Finally the big news that proved to put an exclamation point on the evening (other than the Pens winning in OT!) was the news that our baby rolled off the line yesterday! He's hoping for our invoice by weeks end w/ shipping details! What a fun fun evening!

Just cell phone pics but I couldn't go away without snapping another shot or two.

Cheers!
Matt
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #40
OrangeCruSSh

LOL...I know..I wondered to myself who is wooav8tor...did any of the Camaro5 folks show up, how many of them are here? I thought for sure I would overhear folks talking about a thread or something. There were so many people there I was just soaking in the camaro high. Good for you! Your baby is coming! Did you get a chance to speak to the guy Cadillac Bob? He told me they have a lot of classic cars on Sunday mornings at the intersection of 198 and 29. Told me to come on by and check it out when I got my car. (whenever that is) Seems like it might be fun.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:50 PM   #41
wooav8tor
2G1FC1EV0A9107755

Quote:
LOL...I know..I wondered to myself who is wooav8tor...did any of the Camaro5 folks show up, how many of them are here? I thought for sure I would overhear folks talking about a thread or something. There were so many people there I was just soaking in the camaro high. Good for you! Your baby is coming! Did you get a chance to speak to the guy Cadillac Bob? He told me they have a lot of classic cars on Sunday mornings at the intersection of 198 and 29. Told me to come on by and check it out when I got my car. (whenever that is) Seems like it might be fun.
Didn't meet Cadillac Bob. Sounds like fun though. I was disappointed the local camaro club wasn't there though considering the weather it was probably for the best. Kim and I were talking about how it might be fun to join. What's your order status?
Old 05-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #42
paw29

Drives: 2000 camaro
Talking paw29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooav8tor View Post
Didn't meet Cadillac Bob. Sounds like fun though. I was disappointed the local camaro club wasn't there though considering the weather it was probably for the best. Kim and I were talking about how it might be fun to join. What's your order status?
picked-up my car yesterday around noon, drove home and all i kept getting was a bunch of thumbs-up signs from alot of drivers- it was crazy------the car is better than expected and very powerfull.Chevy gave me a free car cover because i could not pick my car up when i was suppose to because of the minor recall--engine wire problem--was not going to take the car home anyway because of the rain, so the car cover was an extra.Hope everybody gets the feeling i got when you all get your cars and hopefuly your cars will get here soon. the wait will be worth it. RIDE ON
paw29 is offline   Reply With Quote