Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Catless LT's And no CEL?

I am about to order some Kooks high flow cats as i am taking it in to get it smoked this week to register it out here in CA. The question is, why didnt i throw a CEL without CATS and will i when i put on the HF's.. Hoping i dont run into any problems when i go to smog it. It isn't tuned..
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
It is not predictable when you will throw CEL, with or without cats; each car is different due to the sensitivity of the O2 sensors. It is a bit strange that you haven't had one without cats. You may install the cats and get a CEL right away.....and maybe not.

If you are getting Kooks cats, you must have LTs? To my knowledge, Kooks does not make HF cats for stock manifolds. If you want to make sure you don't throw a CEL for your smog test, get Kooks green cats....very expensive though.