Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #15
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
id love to have mine either twin turbo'd or supercharged. that way i could keep up with the V8 stock Camaros or have more power than them. Everone talkes crap about the v6s what am i gonna do with a v8? the same exact thing im doing with the V6 its not like this world is like the fast and the furious. and we can race and destroy the state with minimal consequences. I dont really need the powered up v6 just want it..i know thats what people that have the v8s say but i bought the car cause i wanted it. i didnt even test drive it at all. or even look up anything about it online. i asked the guy if it had the v6 he said yeah. i had to have it..so i got it..lol
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #16
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
so youre saying with just some more exhaust etc, and some tuning that i should almost reach 400 that way??? cause from what ive read around on the net about the situation i came to the same conclusion. but damn id really like a supercharger or twin turbo kit. but to be clear ive heard people talking saying v6 turbo this v6 turbo that. are they not turbo'd. mine has the piece on top that looks identical to the pics of the other turbos on the v6s..now that you mentioned it im wondering.
What you have to understand is that once you have a catback and long tubes, there is almost nothing to be gained from "more exhaust."

Slapping on bigger pipes wouldn't really do much for getting to 400 horsepower. Now, if you're talking about going from 400 to whatever you next higher goal would be, well... thats a different story.

Not saying 400 horsepower isn't possible without breaking into internals or boosting, but its going to be stretching it. 400 is my goal as well, but I plan on going a bit more extensive (lightweight flywheel and crank pulley, methanol kit and really aggressive tune, etc.) than intake and exhaust.

Also, I don't think anybody has slapped a turbo on these yet. I know of one example of a work in progress, and a couple superchargers in development, but I doubt there are any (and certainly less than you can count on one hand) that are completed and running.

Give it some time. They will come.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:12 PM   #17
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
What you have to understand is that once you have a catback and long tubes, there is almost nothing to be gained from "more exhaust."

Slapping on bigger pipes wouldn't really do much for getting to 400 horsepower. Now, if you're talking about going from 400 to whatever you next higher goal would be, well... thats a different story.

Not saying 400 horsepower isn't possible without breaking into internals or boosting, but its going to be stretching it. 400 is my goal as well, but I plan on going a bit more extensive (lightweight flywheel and crank pulley, methanol kit and really aggressive tune, etc.) than intake and exhaust.

Also, I don't think anybody has slapped a turbo on these yet. I know of one example of a work in progress, and a couple superchargers in development, but I doubt there are any (and certainly less than you can count on one hand) that are completed and running.

- X
no im not wanting "longer tubes." actually i want my car to be as quiet as possible. which is why i havent already ordered the cat back exhaust and all that..dont like buying unless i can witness how it looks/sounds..but im thinking hard about your idea with the exhaust..that was always on my mind since i first got the car. and seen the stats about it online. so i might just do that , now that ive had someone to say they are trying the same thing. thanks alot. do you know if itll make the car crazy loud or just add hp and keep it quiet. i love how my car is almost inaudible until you put it in manual and bogg it in a low gear. so im hoping the cat backs will keep it quiet..what do you think???
Old 07-01-2009, 03:14 PM   #18
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post

- X
actually when i said "more exhaust" i meant a different exhaust system. LOL..sorry. not added on pipes and all that..was wondering what you where talking about until i scrolled up and read it..nah i meant a new exhaust system. not any additions..LOL.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:25 PM   #19
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
actually when i said "more exhaust" i meant a different exhaust system. LOL..sorry. not added on pipes and all that..was wondering what you where talking about until i scrolled up and read it..nah i meant a new exhaust system. not any additions..LOL.
Well, I didn't think you meant "additions" either. I took it as "larger diameter pipes."

Also, bear in mind that if you want to stay emissions legal, you're looking at shorty headers (not long tubes), high flow cats (instead of test pipes), and a catback for the best power. Probably 35-40 horsepower at the wheels with no tune, 40-50 once tuning becomes available.

Meaning a total of 355-365 or so at the flywheel. One of the reasons I'm glad there is no emissions testing where I am. No inspections, no sniffer, nothing.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:45 PM   #20
colorado pony

Drives: 1972 nova ss
Question horsepower limits

does anyone know what the m6 transmission, driveline and rear end hp rates are???? at what hp do you go over the limits???
colorado pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #21
MadMaxx
Master of the V6

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado pony View Post
does anyone know what the m6 transmission, driveline and rear end hp rates are???? at what hp do you go over the limits???
The asin M6 box is rated at around 360lbs/tq maximum input. In reality, it's probably MUCH higher than that, but you reduce overall life the higher the power output.

Torque kills.
MadMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #22
mikevrod
Twisted Brothers MC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2 LT/RS
I had a e-mail conversation with Lingenfelter and they will have a Turbo kit. They were waiting for their V6 to arrive as a mule for developement.
G

Just took delivery of my LT2/RS last night. First car was a light blue 69 coupe at 16 and latest is a Orange 10 at 50 years old. Awesome car. can't wait to start working on it.
mikevrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #23
JTinFL

Drives: Fast ones
Can't wait to see the limits of the V6s as well.
JTinFL is offline   Reply With Quote