Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-13-2009, 11:43 PM   #1
RoyalKev

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
My dealer ticked me off today.

So today I stopped at my dealer ship to get an update, I was told I was 3rd allocation and was the 1st v8 2ss to order the other two infront of me were v6s.

So the sales guy that I was dealing with was busy with a customer so I decided not to bother him and went to the manager. I asked the manager when my order might be pulled and he said not till July or August, I told him I was the 3rd one to order and he said that I was third to order from one salesman the other salesman had orders to.

I think it was a total load of BS and they pushed me back when my own salesman told me that I was going to be one of the 1st to have the camaro in the area.

Sorry for spelling errors, its late and im still pissed off about this.
RoyalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:47 PM   #2
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Well I hope they actually know what to do when the the V6 orders come up constrained!
Old 03-13-2009, 11:47 PM   #3
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
I can understand why you are pissed. Did you find out exactly what spot you are in and the total number of allocations that the dealer has?
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:51 PM   #4
RoyalKev

From what I was told when I ordered I was 3rd in 18 I believe and when hurst was constrained I went there and took it off. Then this guy today tells me no I was the 3rd to order from my salesman and not the others included.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:54 PM   #5
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalKev View Post
From what I was told when I ordered I was 3rd in 18 I believe and when hurst was constrained I went there and took it off. Then this guy today tells me no I was the 3rd to order from my salesman and not the others included.
I guess what I am saying is that you need to go back and ask them some more questions.

1. How many total allocations were they given?
2. What position are you in relation to ALL other orders they have?
3. What are the orders above you (V6, V8, CGM, white, Hurst, etc)?
4. Have they had any orders pulled yet?

They may or may not want to answer these, but given that you were apparently jerked around I would demand that they provide you at least some details. If they don't, I would seriously consider looking for another dealer.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:59 PM   #6
RoyalKev

Hell im considering canceling my order, I sold my awesome Tahoe for this car and im getting screwed. Plus economy is taking a down fall and I can wait till every thing gets better to buy a new car. The manager looked like he wasn't even showing me any respect because Im a young guy.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:09 AM   #7
RyanSSaddict
oh no la migra

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Your dealer sucks, I also have the same problems with dealers not paying attention to me when i'm looking to buy. They'll think twice when I put down 10 grand for the car.
RyanSSaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:31 AM   #8
LkyCzx

Drives: 2ss
priority code

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
I guess what I am saying is that you need to go back and ask them some more questions.

1. How many total allocations were they given?
2. What position are you in relation to ALL other orders they have?
3. What are the orders above you (V6, V8, CGM, white, Hurst, etc)?
4. Have they had any orders pulled yet?

They may or may not want to answer these, but given that you were apparently jerked around I would demand that they provide you at least some details. If they don't, I would seriously consider looking for another dealer.
you need to know how many are they getting ..and what is the priority code of your order ...I'm a Chevy dealer and all my Camaros have the priority code in the order for which they should be built...my first has a 1...my second a 2...etc ...how many allocated and what's your priority code will tell you where you are in line......the only thing to affect your place in line will be constraints...if there is a constraint on a vehicle and the customer refuses to change the order...then the system will bypass that vehicle and move to the next buildable vehicle in the bank
LkyCzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:16 AM   #9
paulv7260

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by LkyCzx View Post
you need to know how many are they getting ..and what is the priority code of your order ...I'm a Chevy dealer and all my Camaros have the priority code in the order for which they should be built...my first has a 1...my second a 2...etc ...how many allocated and what's your priority code will tell you where you are in line......the only thing to affect your place in line will be constraints...if there is a constraint on a vehicle and the customer refuses to change the order...then the system will bypass that vehicle and move to the next buildable vehicle in the bank
What dealership?
paulv7260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:26 AM   #10
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
I'd be pissed too!

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:47 AM   #11
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
I'd be pissed too!
Silversreak. you have ordered the exact same car as me I am going to get black stripes on mine painted sometime afterwards though...And I may or may not get the RS package to go along with it..
Old 03-14-2009, 05:49 AM   #12
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalKev View Post
So today I stopped at my dealer ship to get an update, I was told I was 3rd allocation and was the 1st v8 2ss to order the other two infront of me were v6s.

So the sales guy that I was dealing with was busy with a customer so I decided not to bother him and went to the manager. I asked the manager when my order might be pulled and he said not till July or August, I told him I was the 3rd one to order and he said that I was third to order from one salesman the other salesman had orders to.

I think it was a total load of BS and they pushed me back when my own salesman told me that I was going to be one of the 1st to have the camaro in the area.

Sorry for spelling errors, its late and im still pissed off about this.
It's dealers like these that GM needs to not do business with.. If I could buy directly from GM and save $3,000 or more I would and so would many other people..
Old 03-14-2009, 06:14 AM   #13
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
It's dealers like these that GM needs to not do business with.. If I could buy directly from GM and save $3,000 or more I would and so would many other people..
I don't think the dealers are making that much.....maybe closer to $2K or less unless they are getting a trade-in. If that is the case then they may make $3-5K over the costs.
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:23 AM   #14
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Silversreak. you have ordered the exact same car as me I am going to get black stripes on mine painted sometime afterwards though...And I may or may not get the RS package to go along with it..
You have good taste then! I just hope you don't hold my order up. J/K

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote