Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 02-04-2014, 05:36 PM   #1
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
In need of a new clutch, pressure plate and disc, pilot and throwout bearing

Car started acting up...loud screeching noise coming from under the hood so I figured it was a pulley or something. I took it to a friend of mine and we found the power steering pump had about a 1/2" of play in the pulley. Figured we'd go ahead and change that out...had to be the problem, right?

Wrong.

Well, that was most likely going out anyway. So, we caught it ahead of time.

But now it's at the dealer and they say the clutch needs to be replaced along with the pressure plate and disc, and the pilot and throwout bearings. Super. Fan freaking tastic.

I'm sure there's plenty of y'all that have done this as well. Who did you go with? What types of clutches? I figured I might as well upgrade as I've heard there are others who've done this kit.

Anyone know who to go with? Any vendors have any smokin' good deals on these kits?

Any help would be appreciated!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:59 PM   #2
DKT

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
What about the Monster C7 Twin Disk? It's going to be more than the ls7 but bolts right in, going to drive like stock, and will hold the power.
DKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #3
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Give me a call and ill get you an AFTERMARKET clutch that was desighned for the 5TH gen.It is the only one of its kind ,search Street Slayer and see what all the forum members say then give me a call and ill make you SMILE
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:47 PM   #4
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
I have my used clutch that has 7,500 miles on it that ADM took out if you're interested...

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jered@DKT View Post
What about the Monster C7 Twin Disk? It's going to be more than the ls7 but bolts right in, going to drive like stock, and will hold the power.
I just sent a pm to Steve a little while ago. Not sure if that' the one called the LT1 twin found in this thread here. But I'm open to ideas on upgrades from stock...for sure. My main problem..as is with pretty much everyone else... is $$. I just paid over $46k in cash for my wifes new Tahoe, lowered it, put sways on it, added new wheels and tires, had it buffed and opti coated...and sheesh...I'm freaking tapped out. Ugh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
Give me a call and ill get you an AFTERMARKET clutch that was desighned for the 5TH gen.It is the only one of its kind ,search Street Slayer and see what all the forum members say then give me a call and ill make you SMILE
I've definitely heard of the street slayer before and am interested for sure. Will send you a PM here in a sec. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10aSSee D View Post
I have my used clutch that has 7,500 miles on it that ADM took out if you're interested...
Depending on the prices given by the vendors, I just might be. If I have to change everything out and it doesn't break the bank, I just might upgrade. I'm most definitely going to keep this in mind, though. I appreciate it!
Old 02-04-2014, 09:08 PM   #6
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
No problem, let me know if you need it.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:05 PM   #7
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
It's not marketed on here too often, but it's a clutch that'll sell itself. The Mantic 9000 twin clutch. No chatter, vibration, and it feels exactly like stock. A couple of vendors on here sell it. Two off the top of my head would be ECS and Matt @ FSP.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:04 AM   #8
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
camper has a used mantic - heard good things about them too.

revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:53 AM   #9
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
+1 on the Mantic Twin. I got mine from Leathal but I've contacted Matt @FSP. Thats where I'll get the one for my wifes car.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:22 AM   #10
East Coast Supercharging

Drives: 8 second C5 Drag Car, C6 Road racer
We have the Mantic's in stock, they come with the complete clutch assembly including flywheel, slave cylinder, throw out bearing, hardware, and we include a clutch bleeder kit, pilot bearing and shipping within the cont US.
East Coast Supercharging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:46 AM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Ok. So now I hear about the Mantic 9000...and had been hearing about the LT1-S. Are there any benefits between one over the other? Both are dual disc... The LT1 is basically the vette kit with a different disc. What about the Mantic?

Gotta have the stock feel...no chatter or I'll rip the somna bitch out, would like it to hold a bit more power if I add something a bit further down the road
Old 02-05-2014, 01:02 PM   #12
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Doug, I can personally recommend the Street Slayer Clutch Kit !! I had the Triple Carbon, but I think they have a Twin setup !!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:39 PM   #13
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Ok. So now I hear about the Mantic 9000...and had been hearing about the LT1-S. Are there any benefits between one over the other? Both are dual disc... The LT1 is basically the vette kit with a different disc. What about the Mantic?

Gotta have the stock feel...no chatter or I'll rip the somna bitch out, would like it to hold a bit more power if I add something a bit further down the road
The Mantic will hold a ton more power than the LT1. I know it hold north of 1000hp, just not exactly sure how much. If it makes any difference, I'm doing a build through ECS to 1,000rwhp and I'm using the Mantic. Nothing has been said about swapping out the clutch or upgrading it. It'll hold the power that I'm seeking to make.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #14
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
I've definitely heard of the street slayer before and am interested for sure. Will send you a PM here in a sec. Thanks!

Depending on the prices given by the vendors, I just might be. If I have to change everything out and it doesn't break the bank, I just might upgrade. I'm most definitely going to keep this in mind, though. I appreciate it! [/QUOTE]

Sounds good...I think you'll be thrilled with the Street Slayer.
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote