Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
tfannon

Drives: Dark Grey SS
Low frequency response over bluetooth A2DP with iPhone

I am really digging the A2DP bluetooth integration with my iPhone. The one thing I have noticed is that I believe the GM part is stripping away some of the lower end harmonics during the transfer.

The reason I suspect the BA deck is that when I use bluetooth to transfer to other devices the bass response seems normal. With the BA stereo, it is definitely very muted as compared to radio or CD.

I have had some success with turning the phone's EQ to Bass Boost and adding a remote bass gain to my amp so I can manual control how much boot to give it from the Amp. There is a big difference though so tuning the amp is really important to allow it to adjust to either situation.

Anyone else find anything similar?
tfannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:56 AM   #2
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Yea the sound quality of Bluetooth connections in the camaro definitely lacks on the lower end. My only solution thus far is constantly adjusting the bass. Sucks.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:01 AM   #3
Texzen

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
Yea the sound quality of Bluetooth connections in the camaro definitely lacks on the lower end. My only solution thus far is constantly adjusting the bass. Sucks.
Same problem here. It is so bad that I just flat won't use it and I am seriously considering ripping out the stocker and replacing it w/a higher end pioneer deck like the x920bt or z120bt.
Texzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #4
SparksAI

Drives: 2004 GTO
Yeah unfortunately with bluetooth or even wired iPod connections you will loose some sound quality. This is because your device is handling the audio processing then just passing along the audio. Bluetooth only transfers up to 1Mbps and when you throw in A2DP stereo most of the bandwidth is being sucked down. With headunits that accept SD or USB and process the audio in the Headunit you are going to get much better audio 99% of the time.
SparksAI is offline   Reply With Quote