Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-04-2016, 09:19 PM   #43
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymike0284 View Post
I was thinking about ordering one of these. Do they have fast shipping? I had some issues with the last company I tried to order my intake from and ended up cancelling the order. Now I'm looking for a new one and I'm wanting it now lol.
I didn't order mine from RotoFab, but I've never heard anyone complain about them.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:20 AM   #44
moneymike0284

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hworth18 View Post
I didn't order mine from RotoFab, but I've never heard anyone complain about them.

I ordered through Amazon. Says I'll get it within a week. Plus I didn't have to pay shipping!
moneymike0284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:53 AM   #45
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
I loved my Vararam when I had it.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:11 PM   #46
cohocarl

Drives: 2015 1LS
Just ordered a Volant 151366 that will net out @ $227 after $25 rebate.
I see BBK has a 10% rebate going on also.
cohocarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:20 PM   #47
wvyankee2

Drives: 2017 LT Turbo/6Man.
Name:  LT1motor.jpg
Views: 1700
Size:  153.0 KB

wvyankee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 05:02 PM   #48
cohocarl

Drives: 2015 1LS
Delivered @ 3:30pm, installed & hood closed before wife home @ 5:00pm

cohocarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:53 AM   #49
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
We wrote this for another section of the forum but it applies to anyone looking to purchase a cold air intake system. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have. Thanks!
There are MANY factors that come into play when designing and engineering a cold air intake system for your vehicle. All of these factors can add up to more HP, TQ & fuel economy, lower IAT, better fuel trims, etc. when done correctly. Common sense tells you that here are really only 3 main goals that a cold air intake should be trying to achieve to get the best gains, below are those objectives as well as how CAI Inc. meets them. When doing you research ask yourself what each company is doing to meet the 3 goals of better filtration, increased airflow, and most importantly supplying your engine with cooler air.

1. Faster and Smoother Airflow: Sounds simple right? Well there are many factors that come into play here. How the air is entering the filter, what is the air doing inside the filter, how does the air transition from the filter to the intake tube, once in the intake tube what is the air passage like. I could literally write pages on this stuff butt I am going to point out a few of the main design features the CAI Inc. system has to create the smoothest and fastest airflow. We actually test our filters, intake tubes, and even our couplers on a flo-bench. We design everything in house using a few different CAD programs. Since we design everything ourselves and have every component custom made (most here in house), nothing we sell can be found anywhere else and everything is uniquely designed to the application it is sold for.
Ok, so hopefully have a better idea about the velocity stack and smooth bore tube stop, as well as the actual filtration characteristics themselves. We use an oiled filter media which flows better than a non-oiled filter, and can be used for life offering you costs savings should you have the vehicle for more than a year. Oh and by the way, these filters that we design ourselves are made right here in the USA, unlike most of our competitors that have them built over in China.

Now for the intake tube, basically we test various bends, angles, and diameters until we find the best airflow. When you look at our system there are many slight variations in angles that look like a standard 45 degree or 90 degree angle that many times are just a few degrees different. We know it’s only a few degrees but in the long run all these small variations make a big difference. Again this is why we design everything ourselves. The intake tubes which are ceramic coated inside to reduce heat soak, something no other CAI company does, is an aluminum construction with all bungs/connections being TIG welded by hand.

2. Cooler Air: You are buying a "cold air intake" correct?? Shouldn't the air be as cool as possible?? Answer...OF COURSE! We do a few things here to ensure your vehicle in taking in the coolest air possible. First we start with where we are getting the air from. The cooler the air we take in the better we can keep it cool, so rather than having an open intake sucking in your hot engine bay air, we seal off the system and pull the air from the coolest possible place, outside your car. With all the IAT testing and thermal imaging I am telling you I would never even waste my money on a CAI that is not enclosed for the simple fact that they suck in hot air eliminating the biggest reason for buying one, to keep the air cool. Now that we have that cooler ambient air, how do we keep it as cool as possible? Well, we do a few things. First of all we seal off the intake box from your heated engine bay; we then add insulation inside the box to keep engine bay air from soaking through the box affecting your intake air. Once the air reaches the intake tube we protect it from heated engine bay by ceramic coating our intake tubes. This reduces heat soak to keep the air as cool as possible. All these extra design features add up to cooler air, which means more HP. On average we can keep the IAT wthi 2 degrees of ambient air while driving, this has been verified by many of our customers who data log their vehicles.

Although the airbox is sealed off and has a lid, the lid features a clear view filter inspection window so you do not have to wonder what the condition of your air filter is. The lid is held into place with 3-4 stainless steel 1/4 turn fasteners, which means it can be removed in a few seconds.

3. Cleaner air: Your filter should be keeping the air going into your engine s clean as possible. Our filters have a huge filter media area and have 8 layers of filter pleats, almost double the pleats compared to the industry average. Again the video covers a lot of this information.

After everything we powdercoat the intake tube, box and lid with either a "Near Chrome" or "Textured Black" finish, this adds durability as well as looks.

I hope this helps better explain some of the things we are thinking of when we design a system. I know it seems simple, and it is, but there are a lot of factors considered when we develop something. If you seen all the engineering and testin we do on everything, right down to even the couplers, you would be amazed. If it were as simple as just getting air from the filter to the throttle body we could develop a lot more systems a lot faster than we do. Some companies take this approach but it's just not what we are about. We feel that we should be designing the best system your money can buy, so if we can get you a few more HP, lower IAT, and be positive that the fuel trims our CAI creates will never throw a CEL by putting in a little more effort and thought, well that’s what we are going to do.

We are 100% MADE IN THE USA, our system has a Lifetime Warranty, it is by far the best designed, built and crafted CAI on the market, it is made of the best materials, and it looks as good as it performs. Our CAI's will not require a tune, will not void your vehicles warranty, and will not throw a CEL due to poor design. Aside from all of that we truly try to offer the best customer service possible to match our product.

Let me know if you have any other questions and be sure to check out our Facebook Page!!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:00 PM   #50
Bcrazyromero

Drives: 2015 Commemorative Edition
I Have That CAI Installed on my 2015 Camaro RS and I love the Performance and Sound It Makes Alone.:thumbs: I'll Post Some Pics Later So You Can Take A Look
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceballos007 View Post
Does any one have this intake or have any comments about it?
Bcrazyromero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:33 AM   #51
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magilla gorilla View Post
Roto Fab.....my 2 cents....
We appreciate your support! Could you post a picture of your Roto-fab CAI if it's convenient for you? Thanks!

Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 11:49 AM   #52
mushin77

Drives: 2015 Commerative Edition 2LT RS
I just installed a CAI intake and it is amazing. That being said I have never run another intake so I can't compare to other brands but.... In general a cold air intake is a must no matter what brand you choose. I saw a cold air dyno thread somewhere and really and differences in performance did not seem all the different between them. I chose on factors like not having to move my fluid bottle, overall appearance, etc. in the end though I think most people have been happy with whatever they ended up getting.

Factory Installed "Mods":
Body Color Splitter, ZL1 Spoiler, Commemorative Edition 20 Inch Wheels w/ P-Zero's, CE Edition Badges, CE Silver and Red Accent Stripe, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel, Leather Wrapped Shift Knob, Adrenaline Red Leather Dash Accents, Commemorative Edition sill plates. Adrenaline Red stitching throughout.

My Installed Mods:
Cold Air Inductions - cold air intake.
mushin77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
v6 camaro, v6 camaro air filter, v6 camaro cold air intake