Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 08-13-2014, 11:40 AM   #15
Sh!ftHappens
Sh!ft Happens

Drives: 2010 2SS black/Silver
I had same issue. Dealer even replaced the clutch and pedal assembly three times. Took me 30 minutes and 125.00 bucks. Buy the separate clutch reservoir kit. Tons of threads on here. But it is a night and day difference. Fixed my clutch issues. I do change the fluid at least once a month still. Trust me best mod I have done to my car so far.
Sh!ftHappens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:52 AM   #16
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Separating the Clutch/brake fluid to separate reservoirs is a great mod that really should have been done from the factory.

If you're going in there to do the slave/TOB, I'd go with a new GM unit and the Centerforce DYAD clutch. The Tick speed bleeder and braided lines are also a VERY good idea to do at the same time.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions and I'll be happy to help get you setup.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:36 AM   #17
1fast1le
1LE.SS

Drives: '13 2ss/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Tyler View Post
Separating the Clutch/brake fluid to separate reservoirs is a great mod that really should have been done from the factory.

If you're going in there to do the slave/TOB, I'd go with a new GM unit and the Centerforce DYAD clutch. The Tick speed bleeder and braided lines are also a VERY good idea to do at the same time.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions and I'll be happy to help get you setup.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Thanks for the imput, have been studying your reservior and speed bleeder, those will be a must , just can't decide on clutch, been talking to steve at monster about his twin disc rated at 700hp,thier clutch is a little high for me, was also thinking about RSX at 800hp, shoot me a pm about package deal you think would be good, what I plan on replacing is -slave,bearing,clutch,master,adding-stg2reservior, braided line and speed bleeder.....also thought since everything is brand new would change to dot 5....any thoughts would be great, Thanks
1fast1le is offline   Reply With Quote