Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 05-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #99
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Awesome build from an Awesome shop!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #100
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
So cant wait to see this beast at the next sunshine state rally
Old 05-30-2013, 10:20 PM   #101
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
we will need a row for the SC V6 cars....
Old 05-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #102
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
wish I had the dough for it...thinking about going FI not sure what tho

Back to topic
Old 06-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #103
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: IPF SC'd 2010 LLT 2015 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
Awesome build from an Awesome shop!
Definatly!! And thanks again for the ride down and fun tag along buddy to follow home

Quote:
It will definitely be there

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
That is a great idea, maybe a v6 FI section, V6 NA section, and so on for the v8s

Quote:
wish I had the dough for it...thinking about going FI not sure what tho

Back to topic
I can honestly say that hands down it has been the biggest overall impact mod. Like you get some small mods that make a little impact on the car, like my rims, that really changed my car and I thought that was the nest mod/impact I'd had all along. Even though the IPF is under the hood and not necessarily a visual thing that I can look at my car and see, driving it it so much more fun and pleasing now. I am biased I guess, but I think the supercharger option is the best...and specifically IPF. I it so non invasive...looks 100% stock, and has extremely low maintenance. Change the blower oil with normal oil change. To me having the fun at your foot and have the ease of maintenance make it totally worth it.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #104
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Complete Build Review

Alright so I apologize for the wait and the length this post will end up!! I am finally getting a chance to sit down and put my thoughts and “review” of my IPF build now that it’s done, on the forum!!

First off let me start out quickly with the 2 guys and shop that did the build. Matt and Rodney at FSP did an awesome job. The pictures and communication were awesome. Matt kept me up to date with exactly what the goals were for each day and how those daily projects went!! It was awesome being 2hours away and knowing exactly what was going on with my car at all times!! I can’t say enough about how well Matt and Rodney treated me. Matt never let me down, as soon as there was a little snag, he addressed any issues and immediate let me know what had to be done, any solutions, and if there was any set back in the project. I am getting into a whole other review on FSP so ill wrap this part up. But all I have to say is Matt and Rodney are 2 badass guys and they built me a badass car in 2 weeks, in and out the door.

Onto the IPF kit. I am a go big or go home kind of guy……So I couldn’t just do the IPF kit by its self and be done. As you that have read along know I went all out, meth, rear end, gears, suspension, all at once. As an overall, total build impression…….I absolutely love it!! It’s like a brand new car and I can’t stop smiling. So far the only driving of the car I have done is the 2hr trip home from FSP. With all the new suspension parts, I severely need an alignment. Matt’s alignment shop would touch the car because of the 22s. I have a shop here in Orlando I will be visiting on Monday to get it done. Besides the rear end being extremely loose for the drive home the car pulled like hell!!!!

From turn-key at FSP to doing 135mph on I-4 the car has been awesome. The drivability in the low end RPMs is still awesome. An increase in power from idle to 3500RPM is awesome; it definitely kills some of those lower RPM dead spots that the v6s have. This may be from the 3.91 gears but regardless it’s nice having some of that deadness eliminated.
The power the car has from 4k+ RPM is night and day from what it was. At 4200RPM the boost comes in, 2-3#. By 5200RPM+ it’s pulling 6-8# of boost. Matt did mention on one of the Dyno pulls when the car was cooler he saw 10# right at redline. How quickly the car pulls through the gears and how quickly the power is there has to be the most impressive part.
Because of the gears in the rear end, I have not done any zero to wide open pulls. Everything has been on the highway, and gradually up to speed. I want those gears out back to get happy in their new home before I put them to work, as recommend by Matt.

I did get the chance to take the wife out in the car Sunday briefly when I got it home. Like I said I never pulled too hard on the car, but I got a good scream and grab of my right arm out of her. Best part was, her being a Camaro owner also (2010 LLT) after the scream was the huge ass smile and her going “Damn I want this!!!”

From a “per mod review “or “difference I felt for each mod” I couldn’t tell you. I wish I could be like well after the gears, I felt this and this change and after Meth I felt this and that change. Since the build was all at once, the car came back to me feeling 100% different, and it’s hard to answer specific question on the individual mods.

But please anyone that has any questions about the kit, the gears, the meth, the suspension, do not hesitate to PM me, post here, get my number and text me, whatever you want!!!

All I can say is so far, the build was from the ground up, incredible and probably the most satisfying thing I have done with the car!!

I will continue to post after each new experience, issue, whatever!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #105
Vader2011v6

Drives: 2014 custom blue ZL1
Congrats sounds like another extremely satisfied customer. Wish that there was someone on the west coast that could pay as much attention to the build and tuning aspect of the supercharger. I'm going to try out a place that works and tunes vettes along with Ipf next month.
Vader2011v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #106
CrzyGamr2
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
12 pounds! Ah yea!
Old 06-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #107
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Little bit of an update!! I am having some issues with the rim size, intake piping, and rubbing the wheel well. I know that if i ditch the 22s itll solve the problem...but I'd like to keep them, so will be trying to find a way around that!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #108
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
You'll get better launch times if you switch to 20s, just saying
Old 06-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #109
CrzyGamr2
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Keep telling him to get 20's and lower it!
Old 06-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #110
Fr3e4gent

Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaBeast07 View Post
Alright so I apologize for the wait and the length this post will end up!! I am finally getting a chance to sit down and put my thoughts and “review” of my IPF build now that it’s done, on the forum!!

First off let me start out quickly with the 2 guys and shop that did the build. Matt and Rodney at FSP did an awesome job. The pictures and communication were awesome. Matt kept me up to date with exactly what the goals were for each day and how those daily projects went!! It was awesome being 2hours away and knowing exactly what was going on with my car at all times!! I can’t say enough about how well Matt and Rodney treated me. Matt never let me down, as soon as there was a little snag, he addressed any issues and immediate let me know what had to be done, any solutions, and if there was any set back in the project. I am getting into a whole other review on FSP so ill wrap this part up. But all I have to say is Matt and Rodney are 2 badass guys and they built me a badass car in 2 weeks, in and out the door.

Onto the IPF kit. I am a go big or go home kind of guy……So I couldn’t just do the IPF kit by its self and be done. As you that have read along know I went all out, meth, rear end, gears, suspension, all at once. As an overall, total build impression…….I absolutely love it!! It’s like a brand new car and I can’t stop smiling. So far the only driving of the car I have done is the 2hr trip home from FSP. With all the new suspension parts, I severely need an alignment. Matt’s alignment shop would touch the car because of the 22s. I have a shop here in Orlando I will be visiting on Monday to get it done. Besides the rear end being extremely loose for the drive home the car pulled like hell!!!!

From turn-key at FSP to doing 135mph on I-4 the car has been awesome. The drivability in the low end RPMs is still awesome. An increase in power from idle to 3500RPM is awesome; it definitely kills some of those lower RPM dead spots that the v6s have. This may be from the 3.91 gears but regardless it’s nice having some of that deadness eliminated.
The power the car has from 4k+ RPM is night and day from what it was. At 4200RPM the boost comes in, 2-3#. By 5200RPM+ it’s pulling 6-8# of boost. Matt did mention on one of the Dyno pulls when the car was cooler he saw 10# right at redline. How quickly the car pulls through the gears and how quickly the power is there has to be the most impressive part.
Because of the gears in the rear end, I have not done any zero to wide open pulls. Everything has been on the highway, and gradually up to speed. I want those gears out back to get happy in their new home before I put them to work, as recommend by Matt.

I did get the chance to take the wife out in the car Sunday briefly when I got it home. Like I said I never pulled too hard on the car, but I got a good scream and grab of my right arm out of her. Best part was, her being a Camaro owner also (2010 LLT) after the scream was the huge ass smile and her going “Damn I want this!!!”

From a “per mod review “or “difference I felt for each mod” I couldn’t tell you. I wish I could be like well after the gears, I felt this and this change and after Meth I felt this and that change. Since the build was all at once, the car came back to me feeling 100% different, and it’s hard to answer specific question on the individual mods.

But please anyone that has any questions about the kit, the gears, the meth, the suspension, do not hesitate to PM me, post here, get my number and text me, whatever you want!!!

All I can say is so far, the build was from the ground up, incredible and probably the most satisfying thing I have done with the car!!

I will continue to post after each new experience, issue, whatever!!!
Glad to here all this, and congrats by the way Can't wait to hear more.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #111
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3e4gent View Post
Glad to here all this, and congrats by the way Can't wait to hear more.
Thanks buddy!!! Looks like my club wants to start doing a "Club Fastlist" so it may be going back to Matt soon for some track parts hahaha
Old 06-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #112
Fr3e4gent

Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaBeast07 View Post
Thanks buddy!!! Looks like my club wants to start doing a "Club Fastlist" so it may be going back to Matt soon for some track parts hahaha
That's going to be fun =)