Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-11-2014, 12:00 PM   #15
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
That's not because of the soap though. That's because you take better care of the Camaro's paint.
+1

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2014, 01:58 PM   #16
a.morblu

Drives: 2011 Sinister SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
I still use quality soap, I use optimum. I'm just saying the amount used per wash for foam isn't justifiable for me personally.
The amount used in the foam lance is less than the amount used in the bucket. It foams the entire car. The more product the more foam, but I also use a bucket solution too when I wipe down the foam. So really it comes out to be about the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
That's not because of the soap though. That's because you take better care of the Camaro's paint.
True and not true... The DD still gets clayed and waxed with the same product I use on the camaro. On just an average wash though the DD gets the basic shampoo since we wash it more often. You can literally feel the difference.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:15 PM   #17
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
With washing, it's not so much the products you use as it is the time between washing and how much damage is done while driving, although a good pH balanced soap is best. All soap does is bind with the dirt/oils to help raise them, thus making it easier to wipe off. Additionally, it lowers the surface tension to make the surface more "slippery". I'm not knocking the Adams soap at all. Adams soap is very good and pH balanced to keep from stripping your wax off. It's also highly concentrated which is the main reason it foams better than the products you compared it to, since you used the same amount of each. The Meguiars gold class is one of the better OTC soaps and will clean your car just as well as any of the others, it just takes more of it. It doesn't smell as good as some of the others either, which is a selling point for some. At the end of the day, as long as your happy with your products, that's all that matters.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:39 AM   #18
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Good stuff OP, thanks for the test and for posting the pics!!

The MTM Cannon is a great (and fun ) tool to have in your arsenal, and is a great measure of added insurance for maintaining black vehicles!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adams, car wash, foam canon, foam gun, power washer