Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-25-2009, 05:30 PM   #15
Eddy9

Drives: 2010 Camaro
The Hyndai looks like every other 4 door foreign car! Nothing to turn your head for!!!
Eddy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:31 PM   #16
Eddy9

Drives: 2010 Camaro
The two door is nothing to look at either!!!
Eddy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:38 PM   #17
andyrew

Drives: Audi A4 STG3, Porsche 914 v8
Im going to test the track package turbo as a serious competitor to the Camaro.
andyrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #18
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
It's also a hyundai.
I don't care what *(&%$#$ year it is, it's a hyundai.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:56 PM   #19
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
For the folks who only like the classic V8 American muscle car configuration, the Hyundai will never compete. For those who are considering the V6 Camaro and are still living in the past, holding on to hating the Hyundai name, it will never compete. (Then again, those living in the past probably don't have much faith in American cars either.)

For open-minded enthusiasts and the non-enthusiast general market (Camaro's biggest market, which GM is banking on), the Hyundai presents a challenge though I doubt they will deliver an all-around win. Even so, I fully intend to test-drive one, and when I can finally afford to buy something like that there's a good chance I could end up in the Hyundai instead, as much as I love the Camaro and have wanted one all my life.

For everything that can be measured on paper (except the Camaro name and the Camaro's better aesthetics), they are in a dead heat for my purchase. Comfort (interior layout, engine noise, and ride quality) and actual price will break the tie.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:05 PM   #20
dayvedayve

Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
Hyundai is still a Hyundai. Kia is the retarded cousin of Hyundai. All in all if you own one you either love them (and never had to bring it to the shop) or you hate their frickin guts. MY view is the hate one. Great warranty on paper but just try to get them to cover stuff under the warranty. Alot of hoops to jump through and good luck getting a quick answer. Dealers that try to get out of warranty work because they don't pay them very much to do it. Alot of brake and rust problems. Electrical problems that make Izuzu's look like fine Italian autos. The only good think I can say is that you can put mud on them, plant seeds, water and in a few days it looks like a car with a toupe.

KA KA KA KIa
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:19 PM   #21
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
performance aside
PERSONALLY....IMO... I REALLY don't like this interior
i'd like to sit in one though to see how it feels
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #22
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
All I have to say to those who say it's just a hyundai. In the 70's and 80's they used to say it's just a toyota and we see were that got us. The big 3 rested on there laurels the enthusiasts laughed and they slowly ate away at the market share and perception. Next thing you know hyundai will be the me t toyota
Old 03-25-2009, 06:39 PM   #23
dougmac

Drives: 2011 V6 MCA & 1969 GT Mustang
I've already sat in one (3.8 Auto) and the seat IS very comfortable and driver ergonomics are damn near perfect. If it were a Manual, I would wave asked for a test drive. Salesman then went in and looked on computer and said there were supposedly only TWO MT equipped cars in the whole state of Wisconsin. This was a few weeks ago, and most dealers had only one car on the lot IF any at all.

I don't care for the look of the center dash & console ... all that silver needs to be charcoal grey or some darker color (carbon fiber look or ??). Don't really care for the grill with the big "H" all that much and hate the ricer style taillights. Other than these few things that could be fixed, I like the car.

Think I'm going to like the Camaro more though !!

Doug
dougmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:04 PM   #24
ZeeTwentyFour
Does not have a Camaro

Drives: 99 silverado Z71/66 Chevelle SS
Send a message via AIM to ZeeTwentyFour
I think its a worthy contender, and unlike most people out there think its not bad looking. I still think camaro looks a lot better but the Genisis is nothing to sneeze at, great power, low weight, and apparently good quality. Hyundai has stepped it up and is not the cheap Korean car brand they used to be. Cant wait to see some street fights between these two in the future.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:46 PM   #25
John VS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT CGM, IOM Int.
I bought my Sonata in 2001 after I read several reviews comparing the build quality to prestige makes like BMW. I payed $14K and haven't had one mechanical problem in 7 years.

Hyundai is making some nice cars these days and I seriously considered both the new Sonata (3.3L) and the Genesis Coupe (3.8L). Ultimately, I'm buying the Camaro because I think it's a better car overall. And after owning three Hondas, a Nissan and the Hyundai let me tell you I've wanted to say that about an American car for a long time...

Expecting my 2LT in May or June. Well done GM.
John VS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #26
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
How are they the same speed? It's got 300lbs and 2hp on us?
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:10 AM   #27
andyrew

Drives: Audi A4 STG3, Porsche 914 v8
Drove one today, Pretty impressed, however I left the traction control on.. I should have turned it off and shown the dealer the definition of power oversteer.. The traction control really cut into the fun and I didnt like that one bit..

Comfort was there, the ride was there, interior felt nice and useable, I didnt go for long on the test drive as it the tank was empty on the car ( 3 out of 4 cars i've test driven have been this way :( )

However there was not enough head room in the back for my almost 6' co worker, but enough leg room for both him and I (im 6')

Looks like the camaro has almost 1" more of headroom, we'll see if that makes enough difference.
andyrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:21 AM   #28
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrew View Post
the tank was empty on the car ( 3 out of 4 cars i've test driven have been this way :( )
This seems to be common practice. I don't know if I've ever test driven a brand new car that wasn't on E. I can think of good reasons to ship a car on E, but why wouldn't the dealer's first order of business be filling them up? Are they looking to make the test-drive more exciting by reducing weight? They do it in everything; it's not like 150 pounds of gas is going to make a noticable difference in a full-size pickup.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote