Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-21-2012, 06:39 AM   #29
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
Ihaveacamaro you wanna or gonna sell your pc?
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #30
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues45th View Post
Ihaveacamaro you wanna or gonna sell your pc?
Sorry bud, nope not gonna sell it.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #31
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
The list is Subjective for what you use and like, can be completely opposite of what someone else likes. My list looks completely different.
Jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #32
Blues45th

And your list Jeff lol. Do. Tell. Please
Old 11-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #33
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffm View Post
The list is Subjective for what you use and like, can be completely opposite of what someone else likes. My list looks completely different.
How is yours different? On most things in the list I did not give a specific example but rather a type of detailing product then listed an example or two that I liked.

For example, what could you possibly use other than compounds and polishes? Sure you may not use Megs or Optimum or Menzerna, but you would still be using some kind of compound and polish.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
Old 11-23-2012, 08:32 AM   #34
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
easy enough, I am one of the Adams Army Have used nothing else on my cars since i bought them

2 buckets with grit guards in BOTH
Car Shampoo
Merino wool mitt
2 Adams 9 inch wash pads
Clay or Speedy Prep towel
Heavy Cut Polish
Medium Cut Polish
Fine Cut Polish
Finishing Polish
Glaze
LSP using whatever one you want

Detail Spray
waterless wash

Microfiber Towels

everyone is going to have their favorites use what you are used to using Product is only 25% the other 75% is technique
Jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:36 PM   #35
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffm View Post
easy enough, I am one of the Adams Army Have used nothing else on my cars since i bought them

2 buckets with grit guards in BOTH
Car Shampoo
Merino wool mitt
2 Adams 9 inch wash pads
Clay or Speedy Prep towel
Heavy Cut Polish
Medium Cut Polish
Fine Cut Polish
Finishing Polish
Glaze
LSP using whatever one you want

Detail Spray
waterless wash

Microfiber Towels

everyone is going to have their favorites use what you are used to using Product is only 25% the other 75% is technique
Sure those are Adam's products.... but it is their version of the type of products I listed. Still not sure how your list is different?

Old 11-24-2012, 05:51 AM   #36
Blues45th

Just spoke to a guy who's in tampa and has a detail juice product that junkman recommended. He goes against the two bucket wash. Also told me 300 for a correction with sealer on it. I asked junkman and maybe you can feed my thinking some more. If this is something you are suppose to only do" once" quote the junkman because then you take care of it with washing and blow drying. Why would I need a pc and all the products for a one time treatment. Seems although I love doing all stuff myself and having the satisfaction to say I did it. I also want it done right and not have a closet full of items I spent 300 dollars on and used once. Fill me in because I watched the videos I heard him say attitude should be just do it once and take care of it from there. I'm at a loss now
Old 11-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #37
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Just spoke to a guy who's in tampa and has a detail juice product that junkman recommended. He goes against the two bucket wash. Also told me 300 for a correction with sealer on it. I asked junkman and maybe you can feed my thinking some more. If this is something you are suppose to only do" once" quote the junkman because then you take care of it with washing and blow drying. Why would I need a pc and all the products for a one time treatment. Seems although I love doing all stuff myself and having the satisfaction to say I did it. I also want it done right and not have a closet full of items I spent 300 dollars on and used once. Fill me in because I watched the videos I heard him say attitude should be just do it once and take care of it from there. I'm at a loss now
I think you spoke to Garry Dean. He does good work. His method is a 1 bucket method with rinseless wash, but it doesn't reintroduce contaminants because after a MF towel has been used he puts it away.

Junkman is talking to you about proper paint care. Theoretically, if you polish your car to perfection and wash your car perfectly (with no swirl inducing methods) and on a consistent manner, you will not need to polish it again.

However, I don't believe doing so is possible on a Daily Driver. DDs just get abused from rocks, birds, nature and weather, and I personally don't think realistically you can keep a DD swirl free for more than a year. On a weekend car, sure, but not on a DD.

I recommend you get the stuff to do it right rather than go to a detailer, and if your car is a DD, you will most likely bring it back out again.

Plus there are other things you can do apart from polishing with a DA. You can now clay, cleanse the paint, sand, and apply wax/sealant with a DA. If you find yourself having to polish a year later again, you can still do that too!

Old 11-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #38
Blues45th

Agreed. You use a sealant or wax. One I thought I read to not use spray wax detail after? Any coupon codes for chemical guys. Been on looking all last 2 days. Gonna have together fe different places for ll the goods.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #39
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Agreed. You use a sealant or wax. One I thought I read to not use spray wax detail after? Any coupon codes for chemical guys. Been on looking all last 2 days. Gonna have together fe different places for ll the goods.
I use Blackfire Wet Diamond as my sealant.

I don't understand what your spray wax question is.

Don't know any coupons for CG sorry. Good luck!

Old 11-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #40
Blues45th

I thought I saw in one of the type of applications that if I used a sealant or carnuba forget which one i wanna say sealant that I could not use a touch up wax like the Lucas. Anyone? Does zaino products say ok to wax or not?
Old 11-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #41
Blues45th

Also since 45th you guys know the strips I got. You tape them off with painter tape and how far into strip and how far on paint. Thansk
Old 11-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #42
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
I thought I saw in one of the type of applications that if I used a sealant or carnuba forget which one i wanna say sealant that I could not use a touch up wax like the Lucas. Anyone? Does zaino products say ok to wax or not?
If you use a sealant, wait ~12 hours for it to cure. After that, feel free to apply whatever wax you would like

Quote:
Also since 45th you guys know the strips I got. You tape them off with painter tape and how far into strip and how far on paint. Thansk
I do half and half so that during polishing, no tape is lifted.