Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #29
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
You are correct, however there are exceptions. In this case they come stamped made in Aus.
An exception would be foriegn grown meats or produce, if they are processed in the US they can actually be labeled Product of the USA.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
Old 05-02-2010, 01:32 PM   #30
talltom

Drives: Silver LS
Made on Earth by homosapiens (in general).
Old 05-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #31
g-townmach
I FARTED

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
One last question, and I'll leave you alone.....

Why do you want to know? Please be specific... and honest.
Because I am researching coilover sets to purchase for my car. And when spending $1000-$2000 I like to know where in fact they are manufactured... wouldn't you? It's as simple as that.

Regardless, I've spent the last couple hours researching about 2 dozen other forums and PM'ing the rep's and have gathered that the XA's are made by BC Racing in Taiwan to Pedder's specs.

If that is wrong someone please feel free to correct it. Thats just what I've read on about 20 other forums now and dms told me they are made globally to their spec's, so I fair this to be valid. Nothing wrong with that. Taiwan products can be good quality and the feedback on these has been good as far as I can tell. My quest is now over, unless someone tells me this is incorrect.

I honestly just wanted to make sure these were not made in China.

Last edited by g-townmach; 05-02-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #32
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Wow all this just for that? Here's some advice: a better way to find out about a product is ask the people who've spent their money on it what their experience with the product and manufacturer is. Believe me people on this forum will tell you good or bad what their experience has been.

I have the Xa coilovers on my car and they are great. They work extremely well, have a good range of adjustability for anything from street to track. A full set of 4 is 20 lbs lighter than stock which helps improve the responsiveness of the suspension. They look really good too. WELL worth it.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 05-02-2010, 02:13 PM   #33
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Now a good question to ask is who did the R&D on them?
I'll save everyone the trouble.
Pete did the majority of the R&D and the rest by Pedders AU.

It does seem odd how you decided to go about it though, and why you chose just the Xa's to want to know about, nothing else.

Have a good day.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:15 PM   #34
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-townmach View Post
Because I am researching coilover sets to purchase for my car. And when spending $1000-$2000 I like to know where in fact they are manufactured... wouldn't you? It's as simple as that.

Regardless, I've spent the last couple hours researching about 2 dozen other forums and PM'ing the rep's and have gathered that the XA's are made by BC Racing in Taiwan to Pedder's specs.

If that is wrong someone please feel free to correct it. Thats just what I've read on about 20 other forums now and dms told me they are made globally to their spec's, so I fair this to be valid. Nothing wrong with that. Taiwan products can be good quality and the feedback on these has been good as far as I can tell. My quest is now over, unless someone tells me this is incorrect.

I honestly just wanted to make sure these were not made in China.
Sad about the outsourcing. Problem is our own and I assume Aus. labor rates are thru the roof when compared to global wages. China is currently kicking our butts (wetern countries) but as they get a taste of the good life (more than basic food and shelter) just as Japan they will evolve. This country of ours is going thru tough times and I fear the worse is yet to come. The good thing is we are very resourceful and at some point emerge the better for it.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
Old 05-02-2010, 02:22 PM   #35
g-townmach
I FARTED

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Rob, I just wanted a "no bull" answer on where exactly they are manufactured. That is pedders slogan is it not? I did not ask about other brands b/c the two others I am considering say loud and clear where they are made. I am considering pfadt's, KW's and pedders. Pedders was the only one I could not (and STILL cannot) get a straight answer on.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #36
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I look forward to your follow up questions..
Old 05-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #37
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
I'm still wondering how this turned into a big conspiracy theory. Curt at BMC sent me a friend request last year. I dont know who he is or what he does. Bythe way I have Pedders bushings and have been waiting on their sways since December Mr conspiracy theorist. I too am considering the pedders coilovers. It was a simple question you super slueths turned into something more.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:42 PM   #38
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Quote:
Pedders was the only one I could not (and STILL cannot) get a straight answer on.
you have already found your answer, so i'm not sure what more info you would like.

and you would have been given a straight answer had you just emailed Pedders or PM'ed them.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:01 PM   #39
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Rob, I just wanted a "no bull" answer on where exactly they are manufactured. That is pedders slogan is it not? I did not ask about other brands b/c the two others I am considering say loud and clear where they are made. I am considering pfadt's, KW's and pedders. Pedders was the only one I could not (and STILL cannot) get a straight answer on.
You have already been told flat out and straight up. You clearly have some other agenda.

:troll:

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 05-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #40
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Let's see if we can put this in perspective..... Imagine we're standing around in the local Hot Rod Shop.... Someone says,

"Where is the TR6060 made?" Another guy says, "I think Mexico, but the rep is out back, why don't you go ask him?"
"No, I insist he come out here and tell me." "Yeah, well it is the weekend, maybe he went home... I bet if you called and left a message, he'd get back with you....
"Nope, I wanna know, and I think everyone else here deserves to know as well." Now we're getting in the WTF? zone.....

"Dude, I'm sure when he get's back he'll be more than happy to talk to you... BTW, I have one in my car, don't you wanna know about the gear spacing or how it shifts?"

"Nope, only one question... Where is it made?" And this is where the Twighlight Zone music starts.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:11 PM   #41
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Hey Doc, just out of curiosity, how much did the ride quality change went you went to the XA coilovers? Is the ride a lot stiffer compared to the stock ride?
Old 05-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #42
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
I just had a complete pedders xa drag suspension installed on my car. The parts are top notch and manufactured in their plant in australia at least that is what the boxes say.

Closed Thread