Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
rangomr

Drives: Oracle Camaro has all the bells &
Question SiriusXM on my 2012

I bought this present car on 4/11/12 2012 Camaro 2LT Convertible and on the window sticker list of equipment it listed this:
XM Radio + Service
Subscription Sold Separately
By SiriusSM After 12 MTHS

My dealer agrees I should have a year subscription, we contacted GM headquarters and of course they threw it back to the finance lady at the dealership. She contacted Sirius 6/13/12 & again 6/25/12. I submitted a e-mail on 6/29 and got some trouble ticket number so called but it's really has gotten me no where. ANYONE ELSE have a problem wiith getting your full year with your new CAMARO? Any advice would be great. If nothing changes on my account by Monday YES I do plan to contact GM headquarters again or where-ever that phone number goes to. Any help, I'm taking offers?? Michael in Virginia
PS SIRIUSXM HAS ME FOR ONLY A 3 MONTH TRIAL AND THAT"S NOT THE CASE>
rangomr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
CamaroWinz

Drives: 2LT/RS (TBD)
I had a sales guy tell me that "GM changed it to three months", in spite of the fact that ALL the literature says 12.
CamaroWinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
rangomr

I was just told it was on most of the Camaro and some Impala. For ONE YEAR
Old 07-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Only the '10s got the 1 year free. Starting with the '11s XM changed all trials to 3 months.

On my '11, the window sticker says that it comes with a free 3 month trial of XM.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
rangomr

READ MY POST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Only the '10s got the 1 year free. Starting with the '11s XM changed all trials to 3 months.

On my '11, the window sticker says that it comes with a free 3 month trial of XM.
Thats great for your 2011 car but we are not talking about your car. READ MY POST AGAIN SINCE I told you even what the dealer said and what the window sticker said. It came this way from GM
Old 07-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
GTFD2

Drives: C7 2LT Vert 2014/2LT RS 2012
I got my 2012 last Sept. and XM still working. Have had no problems.
GTFD2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangomr View Post
Thats great for your 2011 car but we are not talking about your car. READ MY POST AGAIN SINCE I told you even what the dealer said and what the window sticker said. It came this way from GM
Wow, you wont get much help with that attitude. HE TOLD YOU only the 2010's got one year.....thats a fact.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #8
rangomr

READ MY POST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Wow, you wont get much help with that attitude. HE TOLD YOU only the 2010's got one year.....thats a fact.
I really have not found any help , but as your buddy said too, I wrote in BOLD letter, (I think) what the sticker said in the window of this car. IF GM does not have to stand by that then I would have bought another brand. WELL you may think its a fact but why make stupid comments before you read the orginial COMPLETE> Thanks for NO HELP from you too

As I stated in my very first post even the DEALER OWNER said YES I have a one year coming.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #9
rangomr

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFD2 View Post
I got my 2012 last Sept. and XM still working. Have had no problems.
Glad to hear you got your ONE YEAR with no problems, some people on here answer a post before they even read the first post. Good job I appreciate that you gave a honest answer even thur someone else said we are both wrong. Michael
Old 07-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #10
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
Are you sure its a 2LT? Should have the BA stereo and leather seats.
I'm guessing you know that and yes from Chevy's web site you are entitled to 12 months service on a 2LT or 2SS model. Tell the dealer you are not 100% satisfied and they should resolve this issue for you. Its less than $40 so the dealer can afford to pay for it if nothing else.
Enjoy your car they are a blast!

SiriusXM Satellite Radio9

Enjoy commercial–free music channels along with compelling talk, news, comedy, family programming and much more from coast to coast with a standard three month trial, or 12 months on 2LT and 2SS models. In addition, you can now enjoy the GM exclusive upgrade to the XM Premier package throughout your trial with your new Camaro. Read MoreThe package offers over 140 channels including music from every genre, all major news channels, the biggest names in entertainment including Oprah Radio®, The Foxxhole produced by Jamie Foxx, two channels of Howard Stern and every major sport with MLB, NASCAR, and every NFL game. Find out more about SiriusXM at siriusxm.com.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #11
BlueChev

Drives: 2012 SS/RS Convertible
MMC is right. We just bought a 2012 a few weeks ago......even looked into a 'new' 2011 (old dealer stock). 2011 was only 3 months, but for 2012 (2LT & 2SS pkg) it's 12 months.
BlueChev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #12
CamaroWinz

Drives: 2LT/RS (TBD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
I think the "fact" here is that you are mistaken.
CamaroWinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #13
rangomr

Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC View Post
Are you sure its a 2LT? Should have the BA stereo and leather seats.
I'm guessing you know that and yes from Chevy's web site you are entitled to 12 months service on a 2LT or 2SS model. Tell the dealer you are not 100% satisfied and they should resolve this issue for you. Its less than $40 so the dealer can afford to pay for it if nothing else.
Enjoy your car they are a blast!

SiriusXM Satellite Radio9

Enjoy commercial–free music channels along with compelling talk, news, comedy, family programming and much more from coast to coast with a standard three month trial, or 12 months on 2LT and 2SS models. In addition, you can now enjoy the GM exclusive upgrade to the XM Premier package throughout your trial with your new Camaro. Read MoreThe package offers over 140 channels including music from every genre, all major news channels, the biggest names in entertainment including Oprah Radio®, The Foxxhole produced by Jamie Foxx, two channels of Howard Stern and every major sport with MLB, NASCAR, and every NFL game. Find out more about SiriusXM at siriusxm.com.

That's right, YES i have both and love the radio and of course seats, again appreciate you reading my complete post and making someone else that already answered WRONG for about the third or fourth time. Again thank you very much. For another 9 months it would cost (I think) around $134.00 and its gotten down to the principal of the issue now. Someone should just write me a check for the other 9 months so I can go without being disconnected. Come Monday Im going back to the dealer and call GM too. Again thank you Michael
Old 07-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #14
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangomr View Post
I really have not found any help , but as your buddy said too, I wrote in BOLD letter, (I think) what the sticker said in the window of this car. IF GM does not have to stand by that then I would have bought another brand. WELL you may think its a fact but why make stupid comments before you read the orginial COMPLETE> Thanks for NO HELP from you too

As I stated in my very first post even the DEALER OWNER said YES I have a one year coming.
So you're saying you wouldn't have purchased the car if it only came with a 3 month XM trial instead of a 12 month trial?

Your frustration is understandable, but my advice is to be patient. XM has sordidly horrible customer service--most of their support reps actually work from home and are contracted to take calls on behalf of XM. It's even worse than an Indian call center because not only do you have people that don't speak English, but there's a TV going, screaming baby, bad connection, or their computer hangs/drops the call/loses connection.

I kid you not, every single call I've put into XM has gone horribly. It's probably going to take a few weeks for your dealer to get any useful information.

At the end of the day, if you don't end up getting 12mos for free, you've still got a great car and hopefully the dealer will step in and comp you for that or something else like a few free oil changes or something. If the sticker says 12 months, you should get 12 months, but it also isn't the end of the world...
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote