Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 03-15-2010, 06:33 PM   #1
emin7
1st State C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro SIM 2LT/RS
Question Dealers near Aberdeen/Bel Air/Forest Hill Maryland

Hey all. First off let me thank you for all of the knowledge you have given me over these past 7 months. As I get closer to ordering (June), I need to know of anyone has some experiences (both bad and good) with dealers in this area and any recommendations of who to talk to and purchase from.

Thanks,
Steve aka emin7
emin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
emin7
1st State C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro SIM 2LT/RS
If this needs to be moved to the dealers section can somebody help me with that?
emin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:18 PM   #3
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
It's probably better to post this in the Mid-Atlantic section. Different members have different favorite dealers. You can only learn what you can about the cars here & the pricing you should expect to pay, and etc. Then go to one of your local dealers and talk to them and if they aren't a random idiot then place an order. My suggestions for the MD area would be Jeff Barnes & Len Stoler in Carroll County and Fox Timonium.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:11 PM   #4
rdblan2

Drives: 2SS RS
First post here. Just bought this weekend. Will be posting a longer better thread in the dealer discussion area later when I have the time.

Avoid Ourisman in Rockville. The internet sales guy is a member here, and I was lied to about availability just this Saturday in person, by him.

Fox in Laurel treated me right, and earned my money the same day.
rdblan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #5
Laserjen

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I got mine last summer (at MSRP) from Adams Chevrolet in Havre de Grace (just a few miles from Aberdeen). I had no real problems with my order or delivery and would recommend them.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #6
MySpeed

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
jba chevrolet in glen burnie good guys ask for carlo.
MySpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:06 PM   #7
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdblan2 View Post
First post here. Just bought this weekend. Will be posting a longer better thread in the dealer discussion area later when I have the time.

Avoid Ourisman in Rockville. The internet sales guy is a member here, and I was lied to about availability just this Saturday in person, by him.

Fox in Laurel treated me right, and earned my money the same day.
Forum members, I apologize for writting this, but I feel the need to set the record straight in a professional manner in order to protect my dealership.

This customer, who in the interest of politeness, shall remain nameless, faceless, and genderless, asked me to locate a 2010 1SS. Only in VR A6 w/ white rally's, polished 20's and tan cloth. No R/S, no S/R. No problem.

There was one w/in a 5000 mile radius. Only 1! and it was in Topeka, Kansas. (Dealers, feel free to confirm this point.)

We set up a the demo drive a 1SS in RJT w/ black cloth that we had in stock, as the customer stated to not yet have had the chance to drive the car.

The customer would not go for any other color, or configuration, and we're not pushing that issue. Customers should get only what they want. They're the one signing the check, they get what they want. Since there were none locally available euqipped in this way, we offered to order one.

We were honest about our allocation. We were honest about the incentives, and how they are applied at time of delivery, not time of order. The current GM Preferred Pricing, which we extended to the customer are good through the end of the year, but are subject to change w/out notice. They are not guaranteed, and that GM reserves the right to change or cancel the current incentives w/o notice. The customer balked at ordering b/c we did not gaurantee the incentives. Forum members can and should back me up on that, as some did get shorted by GM.

The customer asked if we had a victory red to see. Since we did not, the customer asked if we knew where one could be seen so that the customer could see it in person in order to make an informed decision. The customer stated they could be taken on their word, and that the customer only wished to see the color. After seeing it, might come place the order w/ us.

So, my GSM lets me know that we have two Camaros in VR in stock at our Bowie, MD location. We give the customer the address, and part as freinds.

Two days later I get a letter from the customer who promptly tells me that I am a liar, and that he found a VR 2SS w/ Black Leather, and the R/S package. He says he bought the car the very day, and continued to insist that my dealership and I acted improperly.

We never said that Bowie had the only VR. The customer asked where one could see a VR, we told where one could be seen, and gave the address. There was never any lie. Just another customer who believes that all dealers are crooks, liars and thieves. I resent the sentiment, and I resent trying to make us look bad. I even wrote back to the customer w/o malice, congratulating on the purchase, and asking if there was anything more that I could do to assist.

So, as other dealers will hopefully confirm, if you want only a 1SS VR w/ white rallys, tan cloth, and polished 20's, why would I even look for a 2SS? Simple, we wouldn't have. A 2SS is a completely different vehicle, and as such does not appear when you look for a 1SS.

This is the response we get....

If I were a moderator, you would be banned from here for trying to damage the reputation of a reputable and honest dealership. You are misinformed, and you did not keep your word.

Despite it, I wish you well, and hold no grudge. Business is business. If you had a better feeling about another dealership, fantastic. What you're doing right now is libel, and you should know that continuing to do so opens you up to a legal challenge. I can only ask that you desist from telling other forum members that Ourisman Rockmont Chevrolet lied to you. You are intentionally trying to damage Ourisman w/o reason.

We never lied, we were exceedingly polite, honest and gracious to a fault. I have reported you to site admin, and I hope that you are swiftly booted from C5 for making these statements w/o cause. The only reason I can see for you to be upset is b/c I was w/ another customer at the time of our scheduled appointment, and that in trying to greet you by name I got your name wrong. No excuses, but it was Saturday, we we're extremely busy. We have to assist all guests that are in the showroom.

So, the only person who did not keep their word was you.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured

Last edited by Frank in MD; 03-18-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aberdeen, bel air, dealer, maryland