Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #687
metalemt
Urban Ninja

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM A6
Yeah the scar is sick my buddy has one, really as amazing as it is I bet you'll get more use out of the Maggie
metalemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #688
VictoryRed10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Im in the Army and came down on Italy orders....cant take guns over there, so I sold it to help fund the maggie. THEN those orders magically got deleted and Im being told Im coming down for recruiting lol. The Scar is absolutely amazing but next rifle I get is going to be a Lewis Machine tool MRP

BTW the Scar 17 is finally starting to make its way out there.
Borla ATAK Mufflers
Fastlane CAI
Pfadt Diff mounts
472 RWHP

Future mod: LS3 conversion,JRE Blower Cam, Posi Mod, billet caps, boost a pump and upping the maggie to 9 psi, Forgestar wheels, Michilen Pilot SuperSports, Pfadt stage 3.
VictoryRed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:58 PM   #689
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Honestly, I'm not a fan of the SCAR. At least in 5.56.

SCAR guys might give me some grief over this, but I REALLY like the Bushmaster ACR. Other than the weight, it's a fine rifle. I'm heavily considering picking one up this year. It's something different from an AR, of which I'm also not fond of lol.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:17 PM   #690
D Day Dog

Drives: 2011 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
Honestly, I'm not a fan of the SCAR. At least in 5.56.

SCAR guys might give me some grief over this, but I REALLY like the Bushmaster ACR. Other than the weight, it's a fine rifle. I'm heavily considering picking one up this year. It's something different from an AR, of which I'm also not fond of lol.
Well, aren't we just Mr. Piiiicky. Actually I own an FN SCAR a BM ACR AND a BM AR15 XM15. I like all 3. I like the SCAR the best though cause it is a very light firing and an extremely accurate rifle to shoot with iron sights. If you're gonna buy an ACR, wait another 4 mos. or so and they'll probably be down to $1500-$1600 NIB by then for the basic. I paid $2000 for my enhanced and that was a deal at the time I bought it.
D Day Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #691
Synyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Day Dog View Post
Well, aren't we just Mr. Piiiicky. Actually I own an FN SCAR a BM ACR AND a BM AR15 XM15. I like all 3. I like the SCAR the best though cause it is a very light firing and an extremely accurate rifle to shoot with iron sights. If you're gonna buy an ACR, wait another 4 mos. or so and they'll probably be down to $1500-$1600 NIB by then for the basic. I paid $2000 for my enhanced and that was a deal at the time I bought it.
lol I'm an AK guy at heart, but there's a few black rifles I like. I was just at a gun show this past weekend and had a chance to handle an enhanced ACR. I shot the basic version back in August. I absolutely LOVE the stock on the enhanced, but it does seem a little stiff. I'm sure it'd just need to be broken in though. I don't need all that rail space though, plus I prefer the look of the basic hand guard. I checked out BM's website a couple days ago though and they added a "Basic Folder" configuration, just my cup 'o tea lol. Has the enhanced stock and basic hand guard. I'd love that in Coyote Brown
Old 04-05-2011, 11:37 PM   #692
D Day Dog

Quote:
lol I'm an AK guy at heart, but there's a few black rifles I like. I was just at a gun show this past weekend and had a chance to handle an enhanced ACR. I shot the basic version back in August. I absolutely LOVE the stock on the enhanced, but it does seem a little stiff. I'm sure it'd just need to be broken in though. I don't need all that rail space though, plus I prefer the look of the basic hand guard. I checked out BM's website a couple days ago though and they added a "Basic Folder" configuration, just my cup 'o tea lol. Has the enhanced stock and basic hand guard. I'd love that in Coyote Brown

Actually, I'm a huge AK fan too. I have a Polytech AKS underfolder; a Romanian RPK; and a Galil/Golani. Just sold a Vector AJKS underfolder a few months back. Love my Polytech... You like the same set up I do for the ACR - mine is an enhanced only to the point of the interchangeable stock - which cost me $149 to get - and I like the vented front hand guard as well vs. the picatinny system. Like I said, give it some time before you buy, you'll save some dough.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:36 AM   #693
VictoryRed10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I think the Remington Version (the one proposed for the military) was a good rifle but not a fan of the Bushmaster ACR. Either way I'll take a SCAR anyday.

If I was given a blank check to by what I wanted though it would be a Noveske
Borla ATAK Mufflers
Fastlane CAI
Pfadt Diff mounts
472 RWHP

Future mod: LS3 conversion,JRE Blower Cam, Posi Mod, billet caps, boost a pump and upping the maggie to 9 psi, Forgestar wheels, Michilen Pilot SuperSports, Pfadt stage 3.
VictoryRed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #694
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
So is the M-16, and you can get the civilian versions of that a lot cheaper than the SCAR, and there isn't much advantage range-wise between the two. Which is why our SpecOps command dropped plans to buy a bunch of the 5.56 SCARs to replace their M4s/M16s. (plus the M16 is lighter) They are still buying the 7.62 (SCAR H) version, which is what I would love to get eventually. A lot more range and force on the 7.62
Old 04-06-2011, 09:36 AM   #695
Synyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
So is the M-16, and you can get the civilian versions of that a lot cheaper than the SCAR, and there isn't much advantage range-wise between the two. Which is why our SpecOps command dropped plans to buy a bunch of the 5.56 SCARs to replace their M4s/M16s. (plus the M16 is lighter) They are still buying the 7.62 (SCAR H) version, which is what I would love to get eventually. A lot more range and force on the 7.62
I figured that would happen, I don't think the AR is going anywhere for a long time. I might not like the platform, but that's only personal preference and comfort, they're still very capable systems. Despite being 50 years old without any serious internal changes lol.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:49 PM   #696
D Day Dog

Shoot a Scar and then immediately shoot an AR and tell me the Scar isn't lighter shooting than the AR.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #697
Synyster

Anyone have an opinion on SA XD's? Specifically the .45 ACP?
Old 04-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #698
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Drives: '13 Equinox LTZ AWD,'09 Silverado
Send a message via MSN to aldaron327 Send a message via Yahoo to aldaron327
Quote:
Anyone have an opinion on SA XD's? Specifically the .45 ACP?
I have one (5" barrel) and love it. I've never had a failure and it shoots great out of the box.
MODS: CAI by CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, DBA 5000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Front), Hawk HPS Pads, Russell Braided Brake Lines, DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Rear), Barton Short-Throw Shifter, UM Comp Extractor Hood & Gen I Spoiler, custom paint
aldaron327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:27 PM   #699
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Shoot a Scar and then immediately shoot an AR and tell me the Scar isn't lighter shooting than the AR.
By 'lighter shooting', you mean less recoil?
Old 04-07-2011, 04:14 PM   #700
D Day Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
By 'lighter shooting', you mean less recoil?

much less.

Tags
camaro gun