Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 05-10-2014, 08:48 PM   #1
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Replacement Adjuster knob for rear Pedders coilovers

Thought I would put this up, though it may be a rare occurance. A few weeks ago the rebound adjuster knob for my left rear Pedders coilover came off. That thing was tight and even locktighted and still came off! Well now that Pedders has Pedderized us all for the time being I needed to come up with something. I searched all over and didnt find anything that would work till I went to Harbor Freight and found a box of clevis' and cotter pins for $10. These I though might work. The following are the steps to do and pics of the parts. Sorry no installed pics but you'll get the drift of it.

1. sawcut the clevis to the length you want to clear everything as its in a tight space fitment wise.
2. Use a 7/32' drill bit and drill longidudenly down the length of the clevis, not all the way just the distance of 3 of the holes, or enough to slide on to the adjuster cable, it wont go far as a plastic sleeve is there to prevent it.
3. Get a small sharp sheet metal screw, this goes in one of the holes in the clevis you see in the pic. It needs to be sharp pointed and small as it twists into the twisted wire cable and locks the knob to it, just like the stock one did.
4. Use locktight, and I even used electrical tape and wrapped it to the adjuster cable to help secure it to the cable.
5. Install a cotter pin in the outside hole near the end of the clevis, that is used to help turn the knob to adjust the shocks with out using the screw, which could loosen I suppose.

Not pretty but it does work! And if it falls off, you have plenty more to make another one.
Attached Images

VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:05 PM   #2
CAP'N B
Cajun Mariner

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS 15 Camaro Z/82 AGM
Mine came undone already too, I took it apart re-tightened it and loctited it again

CAP'N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #3
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAP'N B View Post
Mine came undone already too, I took it apart re-tightened it and loctited it again
Yeah twice for me.The other side is just fine.This one kept loosening I guess I didnt catch it in time.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote