Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-08-2009, 10:30 AM   #57
65Elco

Drives: 65 Elcamino
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelj View Post
I did PM about the dealer's name and location. Maybe Scotty can help me better than a larger dealer in Albuquerque?
Im having trouble with dealers here in Albuquerque also. Sent PM too.
65Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:43 AM   #58
RobertHarriSS

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
You guys need to call Rudolph Chevrolet in El Paso 800-356-3799. Ask to talk to Rick Armijo. He's a cool guy and he'll hook you up at MSRP.
RobertHarriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #59
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Hey, dealers are independent of GM, GM has no responsability to them. Due to franchise laws they can do whatever they want and GM is powerless. That is the law, don't go crying to GM when the dealer screws you..........

At least, that's how it's basically been explained to me.

That was tongue in cheeck, but Scott, do you see where I'm comming from?
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #60
mikelj

Drives: 1969 SS 396
Thanks for all the info guys, I have scored an order! Just call me 2SS, Inferno Orange, RS, 6 Speed manual, white bonnet stripe.
mikelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #61
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
I have spoken with three dealers in the Rhode Island / Massachusets area and got the same response you got. Its frustrating. I have pretty much made up my mind to wait until early next year to order my 1SS, but I will keep my eyes and ears open for any opportunity.
Paul - I am right off RT128 in Needham (Not that far from Warwick)

MSRP

We have two more spots available in our allocation.
You can always go on the list.

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #62
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelj View Post
Thanks for all the info guys, I have scored an order! Just call me 2SS, Inferno Orange, RS, 6 Speed manual, white bonnet stripe.
Nice pic - thats my car + roof

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:58 PM   #63
mikelj

Drives: 1969 SS 396
Nice car! But does yours also have the hockey stick stripes on the side? Needham!!! I lived in Wellesley Hills a while and visted the Framingham factory, is it still there?
mikelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:51 AM   #64
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRSLS View Post
I had a similar situation here in Connecticut: I brought in a printoff from the Camaro.com website with options and colors I wanted [also showing pricing] and had them write up the deal from my printout, and they ordered the car the following Monday. I stopped at the dealer a few days later to pickup the workbench sheet to confirm the order and make sure the options were correct--done deal! I'm #1 on the dealer list for sure. Have your dealer go onto the GM website, or bring a laptop in to show 'em
I'm here in Ct also (Avon). My white camaro will be ordered from O'Neill Chev here in Avon Ct. I had to educate 3 local dealers as they had very little info and less interest in this great new car. I've said it before- I think most car salesmen don't care if there selling cars or referigators as long as theres a commision in it for them. Hopefully I can order my white 2SS/RS soon.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:24 AM   #65
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '10 Mini , 07 Harley
It seems strange that the dealer would claim to have no information on the car at this point... two years ago when we tried get put on a waiting list I can understand.

When I talked to my dealer a few days ago he told me that he wouldn't even take people's orders at this point, he can't, he sold his allotment of four cars in two days. He is telling me that he would love to sell more cars but that is all he is getting and he wants to be honest with people, not put them on a list with no hope of getting a car now. We were waiting at the door when they opened on Oct. 13th and were his first, he didn't even know he could order on that day !

It doesn't sound like this is the case with your dealer though, it is way too late in the game to not know anything about the Camaro, so either he has already sold all of his and is too chicken to say anything or like has been said already, maybe the dealership is about to close and he can't take any orders...

Good luck tracking one down, I hope it works out for you.

mutant chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #66
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant chicken View Post
It seems strange that the dealer would claim to have no information on the car at this point... two years ago when we tried get put on a waiting list I can understand.

When I talked to my dealer a few days ago he told me that he wouldn't even take people's orders at this point, he can't, he sold his allotment of four cars in two days. He is telling me that he would love to sell more cars but that is all he is getting and he wants to be honest with people, not put them on a list with no hope of getting a car now. We were waiting at the door when they opened on Oct. 13th and were his first, he didn't even know he could order on that day !

It doesn't sound like this is the case with your dealer though, it is way too late in the game to not know anything about the Camaro, so either he has already sold all of his and is too chicken to say anything or like has been said already, maybe the dealership is about to close and he can't take any orders...

Good luck tracking one down, I hope it works out for you.
See, even after reading through this thread, I don't see how a dealer could not enter an order for a Camaro, even if their original allocation was sold out. I don't see what the allocation has to do with people ordering now. All the dealer would seem to have to do is tell the buyer that their order would be filled after all the pre-orders are sorted out and that you don't have a firm delivery date.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:55 AM   #67
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can-Am View Post
See, even after reading through this thread, I don't see how a dealer could not enter an order for a Camaro, even if their original allocation was sold out. I don't see what the allocation has to do with people ordering now. All the dealer would seem to have to do is tell the buyer that their order would be filled after all the pre-orders are sorted out and that you don't have a firm delivery date.
That pretty much sums it up.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #68
BigCee66
I Design stuff ;)

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Sure do - that's why our first car is going to Fairbanks Alaska!
Well CamaroScotty tomorrow I'm going to Pat O'brian To order a Camaro ,BUT if they ae going $.01 over MSRP, be expecting a call from me around noonish. Seriously.
BigCee66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #69
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingnotes View Post
You've got an early one coming to your town. Balise Chevrolet on Post Road... I know they aren't clueless about it. I used to work there and walked in on the first day you could preorder to see if they knew what was going on. They were willing to sell at MSRP with $1000 down. Don't know if they have any allocations left though.
I was in there on Feb 25, 09. If they knew anything they weren't telling me. They are right near my house and I grive past them 4 times a day going back and forth to work. I am aware of the black 2SS they are getting. Paul Masse in Wakefield is also getting one. I will get a Camaro, just depends who wants my business.
PAUL SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #70
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallyman6 View Post
Paul - I am right off RT128 in Needham (Not that far from Warwick)

MSRP

We have two more spots available in our allocation.
You can always go on the list.
Thats a ride I can make, I don't mind travelling.
PAUL SS is offline   Reply With Quote