Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 04-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
Drew P

Drives: Camaro ZL1
E85 Fuel Pump Questions

Currently running stock pump with a BAP. Switching to flex fuel but know I need more fuel pump. Has anyone used the Walbro model F90000267? Im trying to find any way of avoiding a return system since I only anticipate adding about 50rwhp to my current setup (630rwhp auto trans pump gas). Trying to figure out if this would work with the factory hanger. Im running the stock pump without the factory FPCM, and no issues. Anyone have any experience?

Link to Walbro's description of this pump (page 4 of the catalog):

http://www.tiautomotive.com/wp-conte...talog_2013.pdf
Mods: ID850 Injectors; D3PE HX, Reservoir & Atmospheric Catch-Can; LPE 2.55 Upper & 9.1 Lower Pulleys w/ ATI Damper; LPE Idler Pulley Relocation Bracket; "Green" Serp. Belt; Cat delete;ADM Exhaust Override; Magnaflow X-Pipe Muffler (in addition to stock mufflers); Cold Air Inductions CAI; 160 thermostat; LS9 Isolator; Port/polish snout and intake runners; LPE GT9 camshaft with dual springs and titanium retainers; Kenne Bell BAP, Install and Engine Tune by Serious Hp; Fab work by D3 Performance Engineering; Trans Tune by Keith; Coming Soon: Flex Fuel Conversion.
Drew P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #2
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
Currently running stock pump with a BAP. Switching to flex fuel but know I need more fuel pump. Has anyone used the Walbro model F90000267? Im trying to find any way of avoiding a return system since I only anticipate adding about 50rwhp to my current setup (630rwhp auto trans pump gas). Trying to figure out if this would work with the factory hanger. Im running the stock pump without the factory FPCM, and no issues. Anyone have any experience?

Link to Walbro's description of this pump (page 4 of the catalog):

http://www.tiautomotive.com/wp-conte...talog_2013.pdf
Im running the stock pump without the factory FPCM, and no issues. Anyone have any experience?

Why?
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:44 PM   #3
Drew P

I had trouble with the BAP while in line after the the factory FPCM. Ended up running pump off a relay straight from the battery through the BAP and disconnecting the harness to the FPCM to get rid of MIL. I assume that is the "why" you are referring? When i said "have any experience" I was referring to running a different single pump in the factory module. Having looked a ZL1 module today, I am doubtful as the pump sits snugly inside the regulator housing (or whatever you want to call that black plastic circle its in). A return system from Fore or Squash is starting to look like my only option. I know you and LPE sell drop in dual pump systems, but i assume those are return style? Also want to avoid any pump failures and go with the E85 approved Walbro. If you think the pump failures from ethanol are just hype, feel free to let me know. Im always open to advice from the knowledgeable!
Mods: ID850 Injectors; D3PE HX, Reservoir & Atmospheric Catch-Can; LPE 2.55 Upper & 9.1 Lower Pulleys w/ ATI Damper; LPE Idler Pulley Relocation Bracket; "Green" Serp. Belt; Cat delete;ADM Exhaust Override; Magnaflow X-Pipe Muffler (in addition to stock mufflers); Cold Air Inductions CAI; 160 thermostat; LS9 Isolator; Port/polish snout and intake runners; LPE GT9 camshaft with dual springs and titanium retainers; Kenne Bell BAP, Install and Engine Tune by Serious Hp; Fab work by D3 Performance Engineering; Trans Tune by Keith; Coming Soon: Flex Fuel Conversion.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:13 PM   #4
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
I had trouble with the BAP while in line after the the factory FPCM. Ended up running pump off a relay straight from the battery through the BAP and disconnecting the harness to the FPCM to get rid of MIL. I assume that is the "why" you are referring? When i said "have any experience" I was referring to running a different single pump in the factory module. Having looked a ZL1 module today, I am doubtful as the pump sits snugly inside the regulator housing (or whatever you want to call that black plastic circle its in). A return system from Fore or Squash is starting to look like my only option. I know you and LPE sell drop in dual pump systems, but i assume those are return style? Also want to avoid any pump failures and go with the E85 approved Walbro. If you think the pump failures from ethanol are just hype, feel free to let me know. Im always open to advice from the knowledgeable!
We use squash on our builds on e85.Ours and LPE are not e85 compatible nor do they flow near enough.

You have seen our e85 builds...right?
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:05 AM   #5
Drew P

I have seen the write-up you did on your shop car. Havent seen anything else. If you have more info please pm me! Also, if you dont mind, pm me what you guys charge to install a squash setup for E85 (parts and labor). Thanks