Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-05-2015, 10:31 PM   #71
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Somebody better explain what they mean by "over engineered".

As an engineer, I can only tell you that you can't over engineer. You just run out of time, money or both.
Removal of a front bumper to change headlight bulbs comes to mind. Course you might consider that bone head engineering. Also simple maintenance like changing spark plugs requires removal of half the engine components and a lift. Course again is it over engineering or bad design.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:40 AM   #72
camarosource

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 Showcar
WOAH! this is what I posted in another forum.. Even the same pics

Camarosource.ca FACEBOOK PAGE - EXCLUSIVE INFO On upcoming Camarosource.ca V5.0 and More!!

camarosource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:20 AM   #73
atlcamaro1

Drives: mercedes s class
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Removal of a front bumper to change headlight bulbs comes to mind. Course you might consider that bone head engineering. Also simple maintenance like changing spark plugs requires removal of half the engine components and a lift. Course again is it over engineering or bad design.
Exactly.........you must know my car.......lol. One of the reasons i got rid of the audi a6 i had is because you have to remove the WHOLE FRONT of the car in order to service anything on the front of the engine ( alternator, belts, etc.). When i say WHOLE FRONT, thats what i mean. Thats what i love about going back to a General Motors product. Its not complex to do SIMPLE things....BMW turned off a whole generation of customers with that overly complicated idrive system they had. Just keep things simple.....

Last edited by atlcamaro1; 04-06-2015 at 07:49 AM.
atlcamaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:38 AM   #74
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
So which of these "retro" interiors do you want? I'll pass on all of them, thank you.
LMFAO! I hope we get a nice interior like the vette. Same materials, and such.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:09 AM   #75
High Magnitude

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricio View Post
Bose... NOOOOOOooooooooo!!! Ugh, so hard to replace with better quality aftermarket systems, for no good reason.
1. It's not confirmed. 2. What's better than Bose?
Old 04-06-2015, 08:17 AM   #76
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
The basic theme of the Volt and Malibu interiors would not be bad in the new Camaro, but I think they would need to maybe add a little more sportiness to it, more metal, make it more masculine. Also on the infotainment side I would not like it to overwhelm the dashboard. My sister rented a Spark last weekend and the system in it was simple, easy to use and I thought looked pretty good. Something like that would be perfect for me.
THIS. Give it an interior like the new Volt, but with a bit more sportiness, uniqueness, or somehow work a few retro bits in there, and call it good! (oh...and replace the Chevy bowtie on the wheel with the new Camaro badge!)
Old 04-06-2015, 08:24 AM   #77
GearBangr

Drives: 97Z,02TA
Quote:
So which of these "retro" interiors do you want? I'll pass on all of them, thank you.
Haha! They all look great to me! But I also dont think anything is wrong with the 5th gen interior.
But Im no interior decorator.

I would prefer if they went C7 style and gave it a driver oriented design.
GearBangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:39 AM   #78
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Magnitude View Post
1. It's not confirmed. 2. What's better than Bose?
I don't think much has changed, but in the past, Bose would use weird impedance values and matched amplifier channels, so if something needed replacing you couldn't just take a different brand speaker cone off the shelf, or replace all the speakers and expect them to work properly. The head units often get tied into the CANBUS so if you replace it, you will lose your door chimes through the system speakers and other things that used to work independently.

Their mobile audio systems sound "okay" but in general, within home audio circles, they are regarded as an extremely overpriced/overrated brand driven product that uses acoustic chicanery (through perfect placement in perfectly dimensioned rooms, and enthusiastic hip young sales people) in botique stores convincing the uninformed that smaller is better, despite the laws of physics.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:28 AM   #79
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
I don't think much has changed, but in the past, Bose would use weird impedance values and matched amplifier channels, so if something needed replacing you couldn't just take a different brand speaker cone off the shelf, or replace all the speakers and expect them to work properly. The head units often get tied into the CANBUS so if you replace it, you will lose your door chimes through the system speakers and other things that used to work independently.

Their mobile audio systems sound "okay" but in general, within home audio circles, they are regarded as an extremely overpriced/overrated brand driven product that uses acoustic chicanery (through perfect placement in perfectly dimensioned rooms, and enthusiastic hip young sales people) in botique stores convincing the uninformed that smaller is better, despite the laws of physics.
LOL exactly my thoughts regarding Bose.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:54 AM   #80
Bretts
SS

Drives: 2015 2ss rs
Quote:

So true lol

having two home sound systems an Analog and a digital system of very different arrangement for the spaces they occupy, I find it hilarious to go to the inlaws who got suckered into those Bose sound boxes wow 10 pounds of engineered plastic... can't it go louder, for 1200 bucks
CCW sp16a track set, BTR stage 3 cam and kooks longtubes with high flow catsLocks@7.5 degrees castor and radius arm inserts, Ride Tech 2coilovers JDP upper control arm bushings BMR lower knuckle bushing Bo White throttle body3.91 gears Spohn del-sphere toe link and trailing arms Prothane subframe bushings
Bretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:05 AM   #81
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
So to answer the question "What's better than Bose?"...

Using industry standard impedances of 2 and/or 4 Ohms in all the speakers.

Using industry standard DIN sizes to replace headunits as technology evolves and that 8-track isn't so hip anymore or the resolution on your display looks out of date.

Including a separate subwoofer or at least allowing for one.

Not tying in features through the CANBUS so if you replace the headunit, you give up features that will no longer work.

If driving more than the standard 4 channels, use an external amp. Don't try to drive everything from the headunit.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:43 AM   #82
Iroc_Z28

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Magnitude View Post
2. What's better than Bose?
Cerwin Vega, Klipsch and Dynaudio to name a few.... Bose is decent, but overpriced
Old 04-06-2015, 01:06 PM   #83
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearBangr View Post
Haha! They all look great to me! But I also dont think anything is wrong with the 5th gen interior.
But Im no interior decorator.

I would prefer if they went C7 style and gave it a driver oriented design.
I would love a Corvette style interior. I greatly prefer it to the Malibu/Volt design.

Quote:
So to answer the question "What's better than Bose?"...

Using industry standard impedances of 2 and/or 4 Ohms in all the speakers.

Using industry standard DIN sizes to replace headunits as technology evolves and that 8-track isn't so hip anymore or the resolution on your display looks out of date.

Including a separate subwoofer or at least allowing for one.

Not tying in features through the CANBUS so if you replace the headunit, you give up features that will no longer work.

If driving more than the standard 4 channels, use an external amp. Don't try to drive everything from the headunit.
All of this. Newer factory stereos are designed so that you can't even upgrade if you don't like the base and/or premium options.

You would be amazed what 4 properly powered and aimed speakers and a single subwoofer can do. It will put almost all factory stereos to shame for a fraction of the price. Or you can spend the same amount of money, and get something much better.

I hate how most new cars have so much EQ built into the stock "balanced" sound. When I changed my head unit on my last car, I realized that the components didn't suck, the head unit did.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:24 PM   #84
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
Besides more performance options, I would like a really good audio set-up .... Bose, Alpine, I do like Panasonic aftermarket systems ...... Sony, not a big fan ....
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote