Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
pwrmanpaul66

Drives: 2016 2/SS 6 spd Dual Mode
Oppinions on deal

I went to a dealer today just to see what kind of deal i could get on a 2013 orderd per my specs. first off i want an black 2ss/rs 6 speed manual polished wheels gfx dual mode exhaust no nav and the heritage grill ! he quoted me $42,755.00 he then tells me that he would give me $28,000.00 for my 2011 camaro 2ss/rs sunroof auto ba system polished wheels and in perfect condition only 12,500 on the clock not a good deal huh ? question is are they gouging me on new car cost or trying to get my car for cheap what should i go back with as far as a counter offer ? i plan on going to a couple of other dealers too just kinda wanted to hear some input from the ones in the know on here ! and im not trying to get a dealer bashing party going on here either just trying to get usefull info is all !
Old 07-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #2
mch

Drives: Camaro 1LT
You need to do some homework. Google kelly blue book and black book. Get an idea what your car is worth trade in and retail. If you have some time you can sell your car first yourself. You will come out better then what a dealer will give you. Dealers make alot more money off used cars then new cars if they buy them right. "Right' meaning they lowball you. Just check trade in price on your car to see if they are at least around that price if you want to trade it.

Your new order is kind of tricky because you are ordering it. Normally I would ask for the invoice and pay them invoice - incentives. But since they dont have the car, they dont have an invoice. I would just tell them you will pay invoice and want to see the paperwork on what invoice is. General rule of thumb on a higher price car is wipe about 3000 or so off msrp if flying blind, but thats really an inaccurate way to do things and may be unfair to you or the dealer. Just make him show you a price sheet with invioce numbers on it, its a fair deal for both.
mch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
PatsRS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Go to Truecar.com. Look for pricing on new and find out what used are going for. I have used it and I thought it was accurate and helpful.

GM ALL THE WAY!

PatsRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
coloeb

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS 6L50 automatic TF-3
Check out Car Max, They will make you an offer to buy your car weather or not you buy one from them. Check around your trade is being low balled and the new car is msrp.