Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-15-2010, 11:02 PM   #1
MCSDS

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro V6 RS Package
HID headlamp, signal lamp CONDENSATION?

With those with the RS package,
Has anybody experienced condensation in the headlamp or signal lamps?

I had condensation in the signal lamps before, but they cleared up. (both sides)
So I didn't care but now its worse...

Condensation has carried on to the edges of the headlamp... and it's not clearing out!

My Camaro being delivered January 12, 2010, this shouldn't really happen...
I called my dealership and all they said was come to check if there is any sealing problems etc... Shouldn't they be replacing those? As far as I know if condensation happens, it's more likely to happen again no matter what.

I'm going to take it to my dealership ASAP but I wanted to hear some opinions.
MCSDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:42 PM   #2
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
It will clear, its due to the weather changes and the heat from the lights drawing in the condensation as they cool. They have vents in them to let anything out

Normal, I was worried about mine living in the rain capital of north america. But they clear up all the time
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
MCSDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
It will clear, its due to the weather changes and the heat from the lights drawing in the condensation as they cool. They have vents in them to let anything out

Normal, I was worried about mine living in the rain capital of north america. But they clear up all the time
Thanks for the notice...
But there really shouldn't be any condensation...
Anybody???:(
Old 02-16-2010, 04:23 PM   #4
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post

Actually condensation isn't "drawn in". A moisture laden air parcel is already present inside the lens. It simply falls to the dewpoint due to the lens being cooler than the air parcel inside, and condenses upon the inside of the lens.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:39 PM   #5
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
It's not just an RS issue either. I picked up my non-RS yesterday and it had the condensation. Salesman said it was normal. He had already looked into the issue from another Camaro.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:15 PM   #6
MCSDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
It's not just an RS issue either. I picked up my non-RS yesterday and it had the condensation. Salesman said it was normal. He had already looked into the issue from another Camaro.
Congrats with your new Camaro
So it's a "normal" thing to have?
Not happy about that...:(
Old 02-16-2010, 07:17 PM   #7
MCSDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Actually condensation isn't "drawn in". A moisture laden air parcel is already present inside the lens. It simply falls to the dewpoint due to the lens being cooler than the air parcel inside, and condenses upon the inside of the lens.
So I'm assuming you have the same situation with your lamps...?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:30 PM   #8
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSDS View Post
So I'm assuming you have the same situation with your lamps...?
My car has been put away in the garage for about 2 weeks now. I'll have to check it later.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote