Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 03-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
SOMKNRS

Drives: 2010 camaro aqua blue metallic
SUPER RARE!! 1997 LT4 CAMARO *30TH ANNIVERSARY*

SUPER RARE!! 1997 LT4 CAMARO *30TH ANNIVERSARY* ONLY 4,600 ORIGINAL MILES!! FACTORY 6 CD CHANGER, FACTORY WHITE WHEELS, ORIGINAL TIRES, FACTORY STRIPING, White Leather INTERIOR, A REAL COLLECTOR'S CAR!! WE HAVE ORIGINAL WINDOW STICKER & MSO. EVEN HAS ORIGINAL FLOOR MATS and Car Cover THAT ARE STILL NEW!! CAR WAS STORED.
108 30th Anniversary Camaro SS vehicles were modified by SLP to include a 330 hp (246 kW) version of the LT4 engine (108 total LT4 cars were made, 100 US, 6 Canadian & 2 prototypes).
#088 of 108 30th Anniversary SS Camaros equipped with the LT4 version of the Gen II small block V8, which had been used in the 1996 Grand Sport Corvette
- As installed in the Camaro the LT4 was rated at 330 HP
- All LT4s were equipped with Borg-Warner T56 6-speed manual transmission
- The Camaro SS LT4 was Arctic White with Hugger Orange stripes identical to the standard 30th Anniversary SS model
- Equipment available on the SS LT4 was similar to the standard SS, though a Torsen limited-slip differential, a Hurst shifter, and cast stainless steel Extrude-Honed exhaust manifolds were standard on the LT4
1997 Chevrolet Camaro SS LT4 limited edition. This is #88 of 108 ever produced. VERY RARE collector car! This car was purchased BRAND NEW and it has been treated with the utmost care. This car is housed in a garage under cover at all times and is in absolute MINT condition. To give a little history on this vehicle, this was car was produced as a 30th anniversary edition and there were 2 different models made that year. The normal SS Camaro and this one, the LT4 Limited Edition series that they ONLY produced a total of 108 ever. This vehicle is #88 of the series and I have ALL supporting documents on hand showing this. It comes with the original window sticker, a numbered certificate and the custom SLP car cover that came with these vehicles new. This vehicle is exactly the way it came from the factory with no modifications done to it. It is a true collector's car. There are no flaws on the vehicle and it is in perfect mechanical condition. This car had a sticker price of $40,000

Asking $32,500 please PM me if you need more information. Car is located in Michigan
Attached Images

SOMKNRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
This wont last long.

Great car
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #3
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Super rare is right! Great car. Love that you held out on driving it.
GLWS
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
SOMKNRS

Thanks, not my car it is my best friends. He died last September. I am helping his widow sell his car collection. I was with him when he purchased it in 1997. Just took it to Detroit Autorama as a tribute to him and won first place in the 1993 - 2000 class.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #5
rareaqua

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Aqua Blue
Cool car good luck on the sale.
rareaqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
LT4Lover
LT4Lover

Drives: 2011 SG 2SS/RS,'97 30th Z28 SS LT4
Very rare & beautiful for sure! That's a very reasonable price also.
I have #2 (of the 6 Canadian cars), mine is very similar with only 5000 Km, all original etc. I was considering sending out a 'feeler' this year also but it would take at least $5K more than this asking price to get me to consider parting with it so if there is anyone serious out there - JUMP ON THIS DEAL !!!
Also, just for interest to those who don't know - the LT4 package was the first time in the Camaro's history since the '69 ZL-1's where the cost of the LT4 alteration option was worth almost as much as the base SS car itself ($25,000 Cdn on top of the $28,000 car price). The LT4 package was the most substancial in years & included upgraded powertrains front to back with goodies such as an all-aluminum racing driveshaft, specially developed brakes & suspension (mine has the Level III suspension - I believe there were 4 levels available) plus of course the balanced & blueprinted LT4's under hood. In Canada at least - none made it for sale to the general public, I bought mine off of a gentlemen in Quebec where they were built who worked for DANA developing the brakes for the LT4's.
This is the Holy Grail of Gen 4 Camaro's & drives like no other you will find!
There was an 'official' GM LT4 registry at one time online but I can't seem to find it anymore.
Anyway - happy selling! I sure hope it finds a great new home!
LT4Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #7
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Lover View Post
Very rare & beautiful for sure! That's a very reasonable price also.
I have #2 (of the 6 Canadian cars), mine is very similar with only 5000 Km, all original etc. I was considering sending out a 'feeler' this year also but it would take at least $5K more than this asking price to get me to consider parting with it so if there is anyone serious out there - JUMP ON THIS DEAL !!!
Also, just for interest to those who don't know - the LT4 package was the first time in the Camaro's history since the '69 ZL-1's where the cost of the LT4 alteration option was worth almost as much as the base SS car itself ($25,000 Cdn on top of the $28,000 car price). The LT4 package was the most substancial in years & included upgraded powertrains front to back with goodies such as an all-aluminum racing driveshaft, specially developed brakes & suspension (mine has the Level III suspension - I believe there were 4 levels available) plus of course the balanced & blueprinted LT4's under hood. In Canada at least - none made it for sale to the general public, I bought mine off of a gentlemen in Quebec where they were built who worked for DANA developing the brakes for the LT4's.
This is the Holy Grail of Gen 4 Camaro's & drives like no other you will find!
There was an 'official' GM LT4 registry at one time online but I can't seem to find it anymore.
Anyway - happy selling! I sure hope it finds a great new home!

It's rare but it certainly is not the Holy Grail of 4th gens. GLWS.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #8
SOMKNRS

None made it for sale to the general public. Funny that's what they said in 1997 on Motor Trend TV. You could not find one. I found this on the show room floor at Al Serra Chevy in Grand Blanc Mi. My friend and I went to see it and he purchase it on the spot. Below is a picture from 2013 Autorama took first place 1993-2000
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #9
showstopper

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
I might have missed it. Does it have houndstooth interior?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #10
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
I saw one way back when and it
was sitting out on the dealers lot

Good luck with the Sale ! ! !!

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #11
SOMKNRS

No it has optional White Leather interior.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #12
SOMKNRS

You can drive this car.
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #13
SOMKNRS

Bump