Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros > 4th Gen Marketplace

Old 05-15-2014, 10:18 PM   #1
Bowtie Junkman

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
F/S ... 2000 Camaro SS (So Cal)

2000 Chevy Camaro SS T-top coupe ...

I just bought this car locally from the original owner ... but a new employment opportunity is forcing me to reconsider my transportation requirements ...

The car was purchased new right here in Long Beach CA, and the previous owner stated it has never left the state. Much of the original paperwork is present and included; including the original title, sales contract, window sticker, SLP sticker, owner's manual, etc. The car also has Lo-Jack installed, but will need to be updated (paperwork included).

The car currently has 110K miles on it, which is well below average, but the previous owner stated that 54K of those miles were recorded within the first 2 years due to his job at the time. He meticulously maintained it, and it has never been modified or abused. It has never had the need for any major repairs, and has never been in an accident. It has been repainted once, due to clear-coat discoloration.

The SLP options include the chrome 5-spoke wheels, and the "dual-dual" exhaust. The SLP stickers are present on both doors, but faded. It has recently had new tires and new brakes installed. It is entirely stock and original, with the exception of a Flowmaster 40-series muffler which I just had installed (I couldn't help myself). The interior is extremely clean and shows only very minimal wear. There is virtually no fading on the white-lettering on the buttons on the radio or the steering wheel controls, and very minimal wear to the leather-wrapped steering wheel or shift knob. It has its original T-top shades (and instructions). The previous owner had all but one of the speakers replaced by the dealer for the Monsoon stereo system, so there is absolutely no crackling when you crank the tunes. Everything works as it should, A/C blows cold, brakes and suspension are tight. All weatherstrips are in very good condition, and there are no leaks or wind whistles as you drive.

As with any used car, there are some minor flaws:
1) Driver's seat-back outer edge has minor wear, which has resulted in a dime-sized hole in the upholstery.
2) Driver"s side rear wheel has a small piece taken out of the outer lip ... previous owner says it has been that way for over 10 years ... it does not affect the balance and does not leak air.
3) Typical LS rattle when cold ... lasts for approximately 10-seconds after putting the car in gear and beginning to drive.
4) Previous owner said he installed a dash cover to hide a crack in the dash. Upon further inspection, the crack is VERY minimal, and located on the left side edge of the defroster grille.
5) Third brake light only has a few of the LED bulbs that still work.

The car runs and drives very well with surprisingly very few strange noises or rattles. The body has one minor ding in the right rear quarter panel, which you have to look at at the right angle to really be able to notice. The paint looks very good, and has only minor scratches (mostly resembling swirl-marks) and I would give a solid 8 on a 10 scale if I'm being conservative (personally I think a light color sand and buff would really make it come alive).

I am posting what I think are the pertinent photos, but am happy to supply a prospective buyer with whatever photos they require ... including more detailed ones of all flaws mentioned.

I am asking $9500 or best reasonable offer.
PM me here or email me with any questions or photo requirements

Thanks for looking C5 (or C4, as the case may be ...)

Gregg
bowtiejunkman@gmail.com

Bowtie Junkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:21 AM   #2
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Can you take a photo of the dash w/out the pad and photos of the crack.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #3
Bowtie Junkman

My apologies .... my life has been full of drama for the last couple of weeks ranging from employment issues to puppy dogs with parvo ...
Update ... I removed the dash cover completely to get a better view and the upper dash cover does in fact have multiple cracks and will need replacing ...
I apologize for sounding misleading in my ad ... it was purely unintentional ...
Old 06-12-2014, 10:10 AM   #4
Bowtie Junkman

$8000 can buy it ...