Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #1
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Angry Sway bars, trailing arms, and rear tie rods is there anything equal to Pfadt

since I will not be getting the PFADT ZL1 sway bars, trailing arms and rear tie rods I ordered is there anything equal to their quality and performance. I dont want to hear I have these and like them. I want to hear from people who know. no offence but im pissed and on forums you get a lot of people who dont know because the only know what they got and if something is better they dont know. My car will only have the best parts. I dont care about the money.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1

Last edited by JCunningham; 02-28-2014 at 03:06 PM.
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:00 PM   #2
JCunningham

so whats left for sways, trailing arms and toe rods

I want the best parts for my car and now that PFADT is out what are the best sways trailing arms and toe rods for my 12 SS now.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 02-27-2014, 06:56 PM   #3
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
I want the best parts for my car and now that PFADT is out what are the best sways trailing arms and toe rods for my 12 SS now.
Good question! No Pedders either! I have BMR trailing arms and GM ZL1 toe links on my '10. I would say BMR or Whiteline at this point. Contact Tyler at JDP, he can help guide you to solid products!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:40 PM   #4
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Good question! No Pedders either! I have BMR trailing arms and GM ZL1 toe links on my '10. I would say BMR or Whiteline at this point. Contact Tyler at JDP, he can help guide you to solid products!
Check out Spohn. I have the rear trailing arms ...top quality!

http://www.spohn.net/shop/2010-Chevrolet-Camaro/
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:49 PM   #5
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Check out Whiteline Suspension. They were the manufacturer of many of the Pedders products.
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:14 PM   #6
AZ5G
AZ5G

Drives: 2010 Transformer Ed. 1SS M6
I have and really like my LSR sways. Nice tie rod ends as well...Xlnt service from them....AZ5G
AZ5G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:31 PM   #7
JCunningham

I checked out Spohn their sways are for FE3 suspension. Like the Chrome Molly. I sent them a email about it. If they dont have FE4 sways ill probably go with BMR. I want Made in USA and i want to find a company that makes everything. are BMR soft steel for the trailing arms and toe rods? Im not going to be racing but I do want the best performance with out any noise.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:19 PM   #8
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
The JDP guys highly recommend the Spohn trailing arms and toe rods. No idea on the sways as I was fortunate enough to get the Pfadt sport sways from someone on the classified boards.

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #9
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
I want Made in USA and i want to find a company that makes everything.
Why?

The company that makes the best sway bars most likely isn't the same as the one that makes the best bushings...

For bushings, I would go with Whiteline or Prothane. My top sways were Pedders and Pfadt, but not sure who is best there now.

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #10
JCunningham

it would be nice to have all from same company. but the best is what I really want.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:40 PM   #11
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
J,

Give DSE a call for the trailing arms and toe rods and solid bushings. They have them adjustable, I saw them at PRI, and they look very well made. also USA built.

they don't have FE4 sways yet, but I am sure they will soon.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:40 PM   #12
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
I was offered BMR as a replacement but I think you get what you pay for and there cheaper for a reason. My car will only have the best parts. I dont care about the money.
BMR is able to offer parts to the performance aftermarket community at a lower cost because we are a full manufacturing facility. We manufacture right here in-house at our facility in Seffner, FL. Unless it is a specialty product that requires special processes, everything is done right here. That saves us money, which in turns saves you money! You would be surprised to find out how many products from other companies are outsourced (even overseas). Additionally, we are not out to price-gouge our customers. We are ALL car guys ourselves, and we understand that the best possible quality at the best possible price is what people want....and we deliver on that!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:58 PM   #13
JCunningham

well i bought everything from BMR
front rear sways
toe rods
trailing arms w/ outer bushings
radius rod bushings
lower control arm bushings
steering rack bushings
derlin cradle bushings
full rear upper control bushing kit http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...productid=1171
some day ill do rear lower control arms and sway bar links. Dont think there is anything left to do. I dont want diff bushings as i dont want extra noise and read that there not really needed.
Just received the toe and trailing arms in black hammer tone. very impressed. very well built and finish is great. there light to. by looking at the picks you would think they weigh allot but no there very light.

Last edited by JCunningham; 03-08-2014 at 02:53 AM.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:48 AM   #14
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
BMR is what I shifted all my suspension needs too. I have PFADT trailing arms, toe rods, and diff bushings, but I am going to change them out for BMR. I have issues with mixing brands of parts, so Im redoing all of it. At this time I have BMR springs, sways, diff bushings, and end links waiting to go on. I ran BMR on on '98Z28 and loved them. With this car, I wanted the best, which PFADT was. Now Im sold on BMR.