Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #197
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Remember my numbers were very much the same, and when I had them back I took video showing the ridiculous bouncing on two wheels and smaller bouncing on the other two. It was pretty unanimous that it was NOT right. Savini's response......... Hmmmmmmmmmmm, that's peculiar.
We're talking about the video where you broke your finger right? Yea, I'd say that's unanimous that something wasn't right with that video
Old 08-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #198
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
John, all of this brings back memories.

The big difference here is that you are scheptical as they do this. I was possitive thinking and was trying to WILL them to be good. I eventually let them off the hook, so to speak. I should have demamded that they remake ALL of them and not just the two worst ones. I let them kinda push me around a bit. I know you won't.

Also, I hit a gap from missing blacktop where it was meeting the cement bridge on my way to the F-Body gathering that damn near made the front of the car come off the ground. AT 75 MPH. I just KNEW I caved the side of at of the wheel in. It was violent. I saw it at the last second because it was dark that morning. I was absolutely SHOCKED that there was no damage. I've NEVER hit anything that hard before in my life. These wheels are quite strong. Don't let those preening pricks BS you into the 'It's your fault' shit. They make you feel like a dick by adding things like "At our expense" to try and bully you in a way.

Those numbers don't mean shit.

Remember my numbers were very much the same, and when I had them back I took video showing the ridiculous bouncing on two wheels and smaller bouncing on the other two. It was pretty unanimous that it was NOT right. Savini's response......... Hmmmmmmmmmmm, that's peculiar.

I don't know what they are doing there but we've done our due diligence here to make sure nobody else gets stuck with a 'F'ed up product.

I'd be par with them and just wash my hands of them if my paint didn't fall off in layers later.

And if anyone is wondering if I am just piling on, look at my threads on everything I've purchased on this site. Had problems with a lot of stuff. Still give the vendors the total support they deserve. They took care of me perfectly. Most I haven't had any problems with at all. ONLY Savini. Worst purchase of my life and other than a vehicle or home, the most expensive one.

Vibrations, missing TPMS sensors, Paint peeling, all the costs of shipping and mounting and balancing on me = RUN from this company. .
Randy, UNFORTUNATELY I learned from your probelms, the tactics that they would use. I know I didn't damage these wheels.

In this case I am definitely going to be "That Guy" because enough is enough. You , Emma, Dangeruss and other have been through way too much drama over a set of wheels and I for one will not put up with it for one second.

If need be I will drive my car to California and let them drive it. What could they psossibly say then. Well they must have been damaged on the drive out. OMG. No.

In all honesty they are either going to ride completely smooth at ALL speeds or eithe Savini or BFXAuto is going to refund my money.

SINCE the wheels will be "PERFECT" when they leave California they should not have any issue getting rid of them.

They can claim " In Tolerance " all they want but they fact remains they vibrate on my car and factory wheels do not. Factory wheels are CHEAP CAST wheels and are not BUILT to the SUPPOSED Standard that high end custom 3 piece forged wheels are.

My car looks cool as hell with these wheels on it BUT BUT BUT the vibration takes away the joy and if need be I will go right back to a set of factory wheels in a heartbeat and forget the whole aftermarket wheel idea. I will nenevr pay 6k for a set of wheel again, never buy over the internet and will NEVER BUY, RECOMMEND or even SUGGEST Savini.

People will say that he is just mad or disgruntled. Yep I am. I paid good money for a high end product and till this point have not delivered. I have that right to be upset.

For anyone who has seen my car in person they know I have spent a TON of money modding my car, some cosmetic and some power mods. Has every vendor delivered 100% to my satisfaction, Well Hell no. Have you saw threads from me about my complaints.......Well No you have not.....WHY?????? Because the vendors were given a chance to fix the problems and they did on the very first time, not second or third.

Prime example is SC150 and his catch can. I ordered one from Tracy and somehow it got sent to Kansas. Tracy sent me a tracking number, told me it was delivered but I never got it, after some checking he realized somehow it went to Kansas. So Tracy OVERNIGHTED, NEXT DAY BEFORE 10am, me one AND added some extra things. I did not ask for anything extra, I understood someone just put the wrong shipping label but TRACY took care of the issue. FAST, No Questions asked, Problems Solved.

Savini does not operate this way it seems, they look to blame the customer and for the love of me I do not understand why.

IF this is such a RARE issue it would seem that they would bend over backwards to take care of these issues FAST so that their name does not get destroyed but yet in still they seem to act like " We have your money, piss on you".........Really sad.

The funny thing is I asked them to do a tread depth test on the tires as well, so that I could prove no misuse had been going on. No spinning of the tires, no burnouts etc..... They forgot to includ that data. I wonder why???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rencor View Post
Thanks for the heads up. This is one brand scratched from the list! Sorry for your pain.
You MAY have better luck........But I highly doubt it. I appreciate your thoughts, just hope I have saved you some headaches.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #199
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
We're talking about the video where you broke your finger right? Yea, I'd say that's unanimous that something wasn't right with that video
NO.

It was one that Big Ten tires did for me. On a proper machine.

While the infamous videos from that fateful night DID in fact prove there was a problem, the finger vid was the last of the wheels spun that night. Obviously. lol

I did video before they went back the second time and after I got them back the second time. There was NO change in the condition of the wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Randy, UNFORTUNATELY I learned from your probelms, the tactics that they would use. I know I didn't damage these wheels.

In this case I am definitely going to be "That Guy" because enough is enough. You , Emma, Dangeruss and other have been through way too much drama over a set of wheels and I for one will not put up with it for one second.

If need be I will drive my car to California and let them drive it. What could they psossibly say then. Well they must have been damaged on the drive out. OMG. No.

In all honesty they are either going to ride completely smooth at ALL speeds or eithe Savini or BFXAuto is going to refund my money.

SINCE the wheels will be "PERFECT" when they leave California they should not have any issue getting rid of them.

They can claim " In Tolerance " all they want but they fact remains they vibrate on my car and factory wheels do not. Factory wheels are CHEAP CAST wheels and are not BUILT to the SUPPOSED Standard that high end custom 3 piece forged wheels are.

My car looks cool as hell with these wheels on it BUT BUT BUT the vibration takes away the joy and if need be I will go right back to a set of factory wheels in a heartbeat and forget the whole aftermarket wheel idea. I will nenevr pay 6k for a set of wheel again, never buy over the internet and will NEVER BUY, RECOMMEND or even SUGGEST Savini.

People will say that he is just mad or disgruntled. Yep I am. I paid good money for a high end product and till this point have not delivered. I have that right to be upset.

For anyone who has seen my car in person they know I have spent a TON of money modding my car, some cosmetic and some power mods. Has every vendor delivered 100% to my satisfaction, Well Hell no. Have you saw threads from me about my complaints.......Well No you have not.....WHY?????? Because the vendors were given a chance to fix the problems and they did on the very first time, not second or third.

Prime example is SC150 and his catch can. I ordered one from Tracy and somehow it got sent to Kansas. Tracy sent me a tracking number, told me it was delivered but I never got it, after some checking he realized somehow it went to Kansas. So Tracy OVERNIGHTED, NEXT DAY BEFORE 10am, me one AND added some extra things. I did not ask for anything extra, I understood someone just put the wrong shipping label but TRACY took care of the issue. FAST, No Questions asked, Problems Solved.

Savini does not operate this way it seems, they look to blame the customer and for the love of me I do not understand why.

IF this is such a RARE issue it would seem that they would bend over backwards to take care of these issues FAST so that their name does not get destroyed but yet in still they seem to act like " We have your money, piss on you".........Really sad.

The funny thing is I asked them to do a tread depth test on the tires as well, so that I could prove no misuse had been going on. No spinning of the tires, no burnouts etc..... They forgot to includ that data. I wonder why???????

You MAY have better luck........But I highly doubt it. I appreciate your thoughts, just hope I have saved you some headaches.
QFG (quoted for google)

I agree.

I could have been convinced that it was just the nature of 22 inch wheels and sucked it up. But when EVERY tire shop and EVERONE on here sees the wheels and my videos and agrees there is a problem, it tends to make me listen. Guys LAUGHING AT ME in these shops.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #200
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
My shop was relieved when I put the Forgelines on my car.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #201
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Oh I am having enough vehicle problems right now......LOL Just ask Kel about Mr Hyde, LMAO...Now THAT AINT FUNNY...TRUST ME......AGAIN HOPEFULLY THAT WILL be resolved real soon.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #202
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Supposedly my wheels ( according to the e-mail from Savini through BFXAUTO since today is Aug 12) have been shipped back to me but oddly I have not received a tracking number. Go Figure.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:39 AM   #203
The Stig

Quote:
Supposedly my wheels ( according to the e-mail from Savini through BFXAUTO since today is Aug 12) have been shipped back to me but oddly I have not received a tracking number. Go Figure.
You're going to need a set of waders soon to get through all the BS they're throwing at you
Old 08-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #204
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I really hope they're right. I'll loan you my 20"s if it goes on too long. I still have 2 sets of 18"s in the garage!

Oh, I did get your email the other day. I'm not on that one too often. Looked like a generic response to an articulated question. Just sad.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #205
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
You're going to need a set of waders soon to get through all the BS they're throwing at you
Yeah, I know what you are saying. I think they play the wear down game and just try to wear you down, but that is not for me I will keep after them till they eirther make it right or give me my money back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I really hope they're right. I'll loan you my 20"s if it goes on too long. I still have 2 sets of 18"s in the garage!

Oh, I did get your email the other day. I'm not on that one too often. Looked like a generic response to an articulated question. Just sad.
Oh this is their last chance to make this right, then we will start the process of getting my money back.

Well at least my car is REALLY CLEAN now. I don't think I can polish it anymore, LOL
Old 08-12-2011, 09:15 AM   #206
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
My shop was relieved when I put the Forgelines on my car.
I think EVERYONE will be relieved when I get mine swapped.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #207
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Somehow this is just so wrong.

My wheels are just fine now and I can't get anybody to even hardly look at them and I'm only asking half what I paid.

I'm such a moron for having bought them in the first place. But then, hind sight is always 20-20.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:46 AM   #208
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Somehow this is just so wrong.

My wheels are just fine now and I can't get anybody to even hardly look at them and I'm only asking half what I paid.

I'm such a moron for having bought them in the first place. But then, hind sight is always 20-20.
I've definitley used mine more but at what cost?

Suspension problems galore. ALL unexplained.

Were they all the wheels? Who knows? But never had a problem before the wheels.

I know that telling the truth about Savnini won't help us sell them but it must be done.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #209
The Stig

Quote:
Yeah, I know what you are saying. I think they play the wear down game and just try to wear you down, but that is not for me I will keep after them till they eirther make it right or give me my money back.
That was Chevrolet's game plan when I was having brake problems with Eleanor (old 2010 camaro), but I just kept bugging them and kept calling, eventually they said screw it. Then they bought me a new car *not to thread jack, just wanted to give an example that the "wear 'em down" strategy is common and you have to stick up for yourself and not buy their BS*
Old 08-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #210
Berean

Drives: Truck
I think I've figured out what the problem here is. These wheels are designed and built by Tom Savini.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote