Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-02-2009, 11:41 AM   #29
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Well this is my first post here, hello everyone! I have been lurking on here to see what the news is for the Camaro ETA. I went into one of my local dealerships. I chose one that does a lot of sales volume, since I was told the dealers who sell more cars will be allocated more Camaro's by GM. I put a downpayment in Jan for a 2SS Aqua blue metallic. I am the first on the list since I was the first to actually put money down. The supply manager said my car will be the 1st car after the dealer's showroom car. So is this good news? Well they are getting the showroom car which is a black SS on May 6th. I was also told the car is scheduled to be built next week. They said that there is a good chance before memorial day weekend but cannot gurantee it. I noticed some people here got their car like a week after it was built and some people are still waiting almost a month.

So to summarize... The official order for me went in March 20th 2009. Scheduled production is May 4th 2009, Delivery to dealer, May 20th,2009? Does that seem far-fetched, or am I looking closer to the first week in June? I guess everyone is different. It depends on the model, dealership, and what line you are in at that dealer. Hopefully being in a metro area in NYC there are more Camaro's coming this way, but at this point, until I see my car in front of me, I am just going to be cautiously optimistic. Anyway, any reassurance or feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks. I hope everyone gets their cars very soon.
BrianGriffin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:45 AM   #30
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #31
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
I am surprised your car is not there yet. Seems kind of odd since everyone else has theirs already and Gm is sending surplus cars to China for them to use while making Kung Foo Movies. I would kindly suggest reading many of the thread here to get up to speed on how to find out the exact status of your car. The only real guarantee is that all preorders should be done by quarter 3. But even that has a huge disclaimer. Welcome to Camaro 5 and many happy posts.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:05 PM   #32
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyrocker View Post
Avol2: They definitely do know what they're doing. GM is not as stupid as everyone thinks. They have a plan for building the vehicles, trust me. The fact that dragons dealer did that is not uncommon. Just because some of us placed our orders with our dealers back in October means little to nothing really. GM sends out weekly allocations to each of its thousands of dealers so that every dealer can get cars regardless of how many the pre-sold. If anything, you guys should be mad at your dealers that took your orders knowing damn well they would not be built until June or July. GM did send memos to dealers advising them of how to handle the process and stated that it was up to them whether or not they would pre-sell these vehicles.

GM builds these cars based on placed orders by dealers in accordance with the allocations sent to them. If a dealer has 12 orders and 2 allocations, guess what happens to the other 10...

Again, if a dealer has 0 orders and 12 allocations, he will most definitely have his vehicles faster than the guy with 2 allocations.

It all has to do with dealer performance, location and market.

Sorry if it seems like I'm attacking you, that is not my intention, but when people bad mouth a company when they don't really understand the business, it makes me a little frustrated.

I think you confuse the allocation process with the build process. Nobody disagrees that this or that dealer should get the amount of cars they do based on merit. All the more power to those dealerships who have proven themselves.

The issue really is how GM decides what car gets built before the other. Their current process is flawed - it is not designed to satisfy the customer. You never seem to take that very important point into account.

A dealer who took the initiative and sold as much product as was possible, is really the dealer GM should be focusing on. Guys like CamaroScotty should be getting his allocation filled before the guy who just decided to sell allocation this week.

Perhaps CamaroScotty should not get any more alotment until dealer B gets his initial allocation filled. That would certainly keep in step with your train of thought. Regardless, the issue here is not whether customers understand the allocation process, it's whether GM understands it's customers. And to think you are in sales.....
Old 05-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #33
gtjacket
2G1FT1EW0A9118618

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black/IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I think you confuse the allocation process with the build process. Nobody disagrees that this or that dealer should get the amount of cars they do based on merit. All the more power to those dealerships who have proven themselves.

The issue really is how GM decides what car gets built before the other. Their current process is flawed - it is not designed to satisfy the customer. You never seem to take that very important point into account.

A dealer who took the initiative and sold as much product as was possible, is really the dealer GM should be focusing on. Guys like CamaroScotty should be getting his allocation filled before the guy who just decided to sell allocation this week.

Perhaps CamaroScotty should not get any more alotment until dealer B gets his initial allocation filled. That would certainly keep in step with your train of thought. Regardless, the issue here is not whether customers understand the allocation process, it's whether GM understands it's customers. And to think you are in sales.....
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
3400, Order broadcast 6/4
3800, Order produced 6/15
4000, Available to ship 6/16
4104, Bailment Invoice
4200, Shipped 6/19
6000, Delivered to the customer 6/25

2SS/RS BLK M6 GFX IOM interior
gtjacket is offline   Reply With Quote