Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #29
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Drives: C5 Vert->CGM SS RS M6->SRT8 Magnum
The bottom of the Speakers - UQA diagram looks like it got cut off from the print, those other wires going down are for the 6x9's, not to run subs.

I guess I should pen that in and re-scan it, sorry. :(
Matt'sSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #30
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Ok, I've edited & reloaded the picture. This is what it is supposed to look like, sorry for the confusion I forgot to mention that earlier was too busy figuring everything out.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #31
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Added the following aftermarket main radio connector picts (post 1)

Old 09-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #32
Hess RS
Account Suspended

Drives: 91 Camaro RS
any way i can get a pinout of the steering wheel connector, im working on steering wheel controls for the double din conversion, and i dont really want to tear apart the wheel and dash if i dont have to. if i can do it without a LAN interpreter i would be a very happy man.
Hess RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:37 AM   #33
Hushhush

Drives: Opel
Some replies with some information.

>What I really need is to find a company that either makes custom wire harnesses for specific head unit applications, or find out exactly what the plugs that go into the factory head unit are, buy a male & female of them with the cable ends & a couple ISO plugs & wire it myself. I've had no luck finding the plugs using the part numbers off these sheets so far though, and there's no female part listed, so I may be SOL.

The only female part made is the one on the back of the head unit itself. Going to be very tough to acquire unless you know someone. Until this comes out, the best option (which will probably void all kinds of warranties and NOT be something you can hide) will be to cut the wires from the 44 pin connector and splice into your own.

>The radio itself should be no different (info from multiple credible sources) regardless of the BA option. The wiring harness is different between them though. So weather or not the radio itself actually pushes out a low level signal somehow to the factory BA amp is a bit confusing.

I haven't seen the actual radio from a camaro but it most likely is this. It can be configured for internal amplifier or external amplifier.
You need special electronic tools and a lot of inside knowledge to do this. You would definatelly have to know someone here as well unfortunately.

Kinda weird though (unless I'm reading it wrong) the apm looks like it has subwoofer hook ups but no sub with the stock stereo system. they can't expect that little amp to power the speakers and the mtx sub option.... can they?

Not sure which amp this is without a pic, but you would be suprised how decent sub volume you can get out of a small amp.

any way i can get a pinout of the steering wheel connector, im working on steering wheel controls for the double din conversion, and i dont really want to tear apart the wheel and dash if i dont have to. if i can do it without a LAN interpreter i would be a very happy man.

I believe you can do things without worrying about CAN message, I'm fairly sure the SWC is just a resistor network that plugs into the BCM which interprets those voltages. I will try to get exact values but they can always be measured.
Hushhush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:59 AM   #34
Hess RS
Account Suspended

I got them already. It was just a matter of poking some wires. If anyone needs values let me know, but the SWI pieces made by PAC will work. I would know :-)
Old 10-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #35
rambunctious

Drives: F250
Has anyone found a source yet for the male/female connector pairs at the amp in the trunk?

I spliced into the line level inputs coming from the radio head , but want/need connectors instead of stripping and splicing.

thanks

Ramb
rambunctious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #36
CASTIG 2010SS

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro SS\RS
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the headlights, halo, and fog lights, RS version. Much appreciated.
CASTIG 2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:05 AM   #37
boostedyards86

Drives: Cummins 3500
any one have the wire schematics for the connectors under the seats in the SS? Just put in Sparco seats but having an issue with airbags and they will need to be dealt with.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:54 PM   #38
Temper

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
So did we find a way to have sub outputs to RCAs?
Temper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #39
OUTATIME

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Does anyone know why the head unit itself doesn't output the center channel? This means there's no way to control the center channel if you were to change the head unit (not that there's a kit or anything, I'm just saying there's no control from the head unit directly).
OUTATIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:20 PM   #40
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
none of your pictures came through ?????
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #41
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Maybe this thread can provide some information...what connector is used for the steering wheel controls? how does this connect to the stereo?

Old 12-14-2009, 03:59 AM   #42
Hess RS
Account Suspended

center channel is used only for onstar and is ran directly off the amp. its actually a nice feature so when you change out the radio the onstar still works without any modules. just have to mute the radio manually.