Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-17-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
cajun2010

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
videos of Flowmaster, xpipe

Just found a few videos of my exhaust on youtube.
I have the flowmaster exhaust, and a magnaflow resonated x-pipe.
Put the xpipe to quiet it down inside, as its my daily driver.

cajun2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:30 PM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Yep, that resonated X definitely quieted it down...but also very smooth. I like the tone!

Thanks for the vid....might add this as a reference on the sticky page since we don't yet have any other videos of the resonated X with the AMT axle-back. (you did get the AMT right?)
Old 09-18-2010, 06:29 AM   #3
cajun2010

yeah the AMT

Old 09-18-2010, 08:25 AM   #4
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
I like that! In fact a bit better then my same setup with magnaflows.It seems to have a bit more clearly defined sound and more growl then mine when taking off.
KM, what do you think?
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #5
KMPrenger

blackbee, are you saying you think this is a bit better than your current setup with the DTs?...or when you just had the mufflers and Xpipe only?

Like I said before, I like the tone....the tone actually seems to sound almost exactly like mine lol. Man, I really do need to get a couple quick drive by videos like this.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:37 PM   #6
cajun2010

many people have said my flowmasters with that pipe sound better cruising, as its deeper than just the mufflers.

I like it, people say its too quiet, but i dont have that high pitch all the time, im happy, shit its my car ! lol

Old 09-18-2010, 01:54 PM   #7
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun2010 View Post
Just found a few videos of my exhaust on youtube.
I have the flowmaster exhaust, and a magnaflow resonated x-pipe.
Put the xpipe to quiet it down inside, as its my daily driver.

Sounds good, does this replace the stock H-pipe, or is it after or before it?
MagnumForceGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:49 PM   #8
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
blackbee, are you saying you think this is a bit better than your current setup with the DTs?...or when you just had the mufflers and Xpipe only?

Like I said before, I like the tone....the tone actually seems to sound almost exactly like mine lol. Man, I really do need to get a couple quick drive by videos like this.
Now, with the headers.It is about the same but hard to tell. I notice mine now mellows and gets smoother and a little quieter when I get up to water op temps but cold it sounds o.k. but more "v6" like, the "v6 honk" sound if you will when you accelerate.Its hard to listen to a vid and then be in the car driving with all the outside noise to campare though. Mine does sound good, not saying it doesn't but his sounded like it had more deeper defined rumble at idle/take off then the magnaflows do as they tend to muffle sound and on mine its hard to hear alot at light accel around town up to about 3500 rpm, but after that sounds better.I would like to get that initial sound or just more of it at the off idle accel range.I wish I could listen to mine from a bystanders vantage point, but I have to get my wife to drive the car and she's afraid to!! Take a drive in yours and see if I am explaining this right as I know the headers did make it more quiet in the range I am talking about.
On a side note by back neighbor likes my car and said it sound good, he thought it was an SS so can't be that bad even if a "slight" exaduration! Whats funny is he got a white LS auto to match his white 67 RS and I have mine to match my black z28, how coincidental is that!!!

One last thing, while driving after doing my oil change got behind a Infiniti 350 and man what a difference in his high pitched v6 sound and ours!! I like it for what it is but ours is alot better imo!!!

Last edited by VR Baron; 09-18-2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason: i
Old 09-19-2010, 09:31 AM   #9
cajun2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Sounds good, does this replace the stock H-pipe, or is it after or before it?

replace the stock H pipe

Old 09-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #10
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:

Did you ever go out for a drive to checkout the sound I mentioned?
Old 09-19-2010, 12:18 PM   #11
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbee View Post
Did you ever go out for a drive to checkout the sound I mentioned?
Well, I haven't gone for a drive specifically to listen for this, but I know the car well enough anyways. As mine is now, inside the car I start to hear a nice low tone well before 3,500 rpms. If I'm just off idle (pulling away) I can hear a nice tone, then seems to quiet up and then around 2,300 to 2,500 rpm I hear my favorite part of the sound up until around the 3,500 to 4,000 rpm when the sound changes again (getting much more aggressive and higher pitched).

But that is all from inside the car. Ive never had the chance to listen or take a vid from outside, so I may not be too loud lol.

Thats about all I can say for now, but I really need to have my girlfriend do some drive bys for me lol.

Oh, and sorry about sorta highjacking this thread OP!
Old 09-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #12
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Well, I haven't gone for a drive specifically to listen for this, but I know the car well enough anyways. As mine is now, inside the car I start to hear a nice low tone well before 3,500 rpms. If I'm just off idle (pulling away) I can hear a nice tone, then seems to quiet up and then around 2,300 to 2,500 rpm I hear my favorite part of the sound up until around the 3,500 to 4,000 rpm when the sound changes again (getting much more aggressive and higher pitched).

But that is all from inside the car. Ive never had the chance to listen or take a vid from outside, so I may not be too loud lol.

Thats about all I can say for now, but I really need to have my girlfriend do some drive bys for me lol.

Oh, and sorry about sorta highjacking this thread OP!
Same here on the sounds and driveby, just needs a little of what Cajon has at low rpm take off, more burbble if you will and it will be perfect! headers did make it easier to hear the exhaust out back and more defined then before and thats when I noticed the sounds I described.All in all I like it and as you say when you rev it up sounds mean and just right

Lastly thanks to Cajon for the vid and another good combo to get Ideas from and didn't mean to highjack the threadto much. It is neat to see all kinds of ideas people come up with in pursuit of good sounds for our cars!!
Old 09-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #13
cajun2010

id like to get headers myself, shorties, but i hear so many mixed reviews on here about noise, CELs, all kinds of hits and misses

I think it would open it up a bit and give me a deeper tone, or i would hope!

Old 09-20-2010, 09:06 PM   #14
KMPrenger

I'd think a set of DT headers would make it sound great.