Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-26-2014, 10:18 PM   #29
qkslvr

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS M6 NON RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Tyler View Post
Sounds like you would be the perfect candidate to do some testing!

We have a set here we're going to test, but we won't be able to do so for about a month or so. I feel pretty confident that the RideTech coilover will be a great option; we won't know until we test them though.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Will the cars you guys are bringing to the Sturgis Camaro Rally have these installed?

Seem like the Ridetech ones are the way to go so far, although the Bilstein setup looks very nice to but like mentioned above haven't heard anything on them.
2016 Streetglide (Crushed Ice Pearl)
2018 Indian Scout (Bronze Smoke)
qkslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:00 PM   #30
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
KW V1 Middle, KW V3 and Clubsport High end..... agreed. Great Warranty IIRC.
Downside, KW3's do not work with ZL1 sway bars because of the side oil canister.

Ridetech, great company but no one has put them on their car yet so no reviews yet. Some folks have seen them and said the "look" pretty but that does not help us much. I wouldn't mind putting a set on my car but I already have a set of coilovers and do not need two sets. But with the data I have at Autobahn CC with changes I have made to my car it would be interesting to see if they make any difference.

T.
KW has a revised 2012 option that does work.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:02 PM   #31
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda7050 View Post
Bilstein is an option for our cars but I haven't heard a single review on them.

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...-48-191845.htm
Bilsteins Pss10 are on my car. Very good stuff that provides the control this 3800 lb beast needed from it's suspension. Inverted shafts front and rear eliminates the lateral slober.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:28 AM   #32
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
We're bolting up a set of Ridetechs on our Camaro this weekend. Stay tuned for a complete review!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:35 AM   #33
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
We're bolting up a set of Ridetechs on our Camaro this weekend. Stay tuned for a complete review!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Now we are getting somewhere.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #34
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Cool. I'm going for a ride along with 90503's when he gets his in to see how they are
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:02 PM   #35
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Kw makes some good stuff gotta say I am very impressed

revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:06 PM   #36
marolf101x

Drives: 2010 Test Mule
I'll jump in here 130R. . .I ask that our dealers who have our parts and provide a review state EVERYTHING, good bad or indifferent.

I appreciate constructive criticism and feedback. It's the only way to make our parts better!
marolf101x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:40 PM   #37
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post
Meh, I'd put more weight on a review by someone that won't be making money selling the product. With Fox behind it, it's sure to be a good product, but the odds of a vendor writing anything but a glowing review is pretty slim.

Always consider the source. If someone is overly high on a product, especially one that hasn't even been released, wonder why. Sometimes there's undisclosed sponsorship deals or discounts offered that may cause someone to be more vocal than usual. Some of this stuff is pretty expensive, it would be really nice if members would disclose discounts/sponsorships they've received (or are going to receive) when reviewing products so that can be taken into account when reading the review.

Just my 2 Pesos…
Then you clearly haven't dealt with JDP in the past... I'm not afraid to give my honest opinion as an enthusiast and Camaro owner... We have installed everything out there worth installing and I give it 100% straight. Our Camaro also regularly finishes up top at all the National events we run as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marolf101x View Post
I'll jump in here 130R. . .I ask that our dealers who have our parts and provide a review state EVERYTHING, good bad or indifferent.

I appreciate constructive criticism and feedback. It's the only way to make our parts better!
We work with our suppliers and manufactures to help provide the best possible products for our customers and end users. We're looking forward to seeing how they perform and being a valuable asset to Ridetech!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:43 PM   #38
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by marolf101x View Post

I hope to help my friend with his and some adjusting to them also to see how they are, we will see.I did ALOT of adjusting to my supercars so know what I like with them. Think I can give a good comparison, though a moot point now anyway
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:59 PM   #39
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
I like the stance line of coil-overs for these cars. Very high quality and at a very attractive price. If you have any questions on them please let me know!
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #40
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post
Meh, I'd put more weight on a review by someone that won't be making money selling the product. With Fox behind it, it's sure to be a good product, but the odds of a vendor writing anything but a glowing review is pretty slim.

Always consider the source. If someone is overly high on a product, especially one that hasn't even been released, wonder why. Sometimes there's undisclosed sponsorship deals or discounts offered that may cause someone to be more vocal than usual. Some of this stuff is pretty expensive, it would be really nice if members would disclose discounts/sponsorships they've received (or are going to receive) when reviewing products so that can be taken into account when reading the review.

Just my 2 Pesos…
You don't know JDP. They'll tell you straight up the good/bad/ugly. They sell from multiple vendors not just one.

Although, as a general rule of thumb you are correct. I would typically trust the review from a consumer vs a vendor. However, keep in mind that not every consumer has the ability to try different parts. Example, I've only had BC Coilovers installed on my car. They seem to work great for me but I haven't tried anything else. I couldn't give you a really good comparison unless I were to switch them out with another brand and my wallet doesn't allow me to always do things like that.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #41
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I'm curious on how you adjust the rears on the Ridetech coilovers.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:45 PM   #42
kyle@ridetech.com

Drives: 1969 SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I'm curious on how you adjust the rears on the Ridetech coilovers.
There's an adjuster knob close to what would be the lower mount on the shock eyelet. You'd just reach behind the rear wheel and turn it.
kyle@ridetech.com is offline   Reply With Quote