Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #57
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Still having issues, it appears it may be a failed MAF. Unfortunately all the dealerships in a ~80 mile radius do not have them in stock so I am getting one over night shipped here and will be here around 8am tomorrow morning. If this doesn't solve the issue I have no idea what it is and it might need to be trailered back to Tracy's shop.

*SPOILER ALERT*
It seems that the damaged MAF might be the logical problem here. Tracy just built a new over drive pulley that is pushing out about 8psi of boost rather than the normal pulley which was 4.5-5psi of boost.

Everyone say a prayer for me please!
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #58
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Oh crap I hope you get this figured out and that it is the MAF!
Old 06-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #59
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Shit man. I'm praying!
Old 06-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #60
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Still having issues, it appears it may be a failed MAF. Unfortunately all the dealerships in a ~80 mile radius do not have them in stock so I am getting one over night shipped here and will be here around 8am tomorrow morning. If this doesn't solve the issue I have no idea what it is and it might need to be trailered back to Tracy's shop.

*SPOILER ALERT*
It seems that the damaged MAF might be the logical problem here. Tracy just built a new over drive pulley that is pushing out about 8psi of boost rather than the normal pulley which was 4.5-5psi of boost.

Everyone say a prayer for me please!
Good luck and hope this is the issue. I had the same issue at one point and cleaning my MAF solved it for me. There is alot of forced air being pushed passed it so it is logical. I'm thinking of replacing mine also. The lil wire looks like it's bending itself with all the force. And mine seems to be splitting at the house that collects the air samples. Gotta love FI lmao. I'm all for "gotta pay to play" lol, and I got murdered today by a BMW 745. Wow those thing go.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #61
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
I knew that i knew what the secret is haha. Sweet lookin car man. Those extra add ons are gonna make yours one hell of a beast when that mafs fixed.
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #62
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
The LLT MAF is prone to failure, and when we push more flow then it is used to then if its week, it fails. Cant See Me had his fail when he was down for his first test run.

Want to try and adapt the LFX MAF as it is far better, but need Vince to do the tune for it.

95% sure it is the MAF.....same symptoms Cisco had and a few others.
So it's a good idea to get a back up MAF sensor?
Old 06-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #63
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Just checked my CEL and had 8 codes. A misfire on cylinder 1,2,3,4,5 and 2 misfires on cylinder 6 and a random misfire. So thankfully the CEL doesn't look to be anything TOO serious atm. Should have the new MAF around 9 a.m. eastern time. So hopefully you won't hear anything from me tomorrow because that would mean I'm a happy camper and on the road back home.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #64
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
Bro I sure hope so! 8lbs of boost is going to be SICK!
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #65
smoke1lt

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs/sim
Baylor,I hope you get your car up and running and back on the road soon.As for the OD pulley,do I want to almost double my boost?Hell yeah i do I bet that car is a beast on 8# of boost.I cant wait to get my OD pulley.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #66
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Good luck Baylor, hope that fixes it and you can get back home quickly (really quickly ).
Old 06-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #67
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Thanks guys, I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #68
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Yes like Tracy said on our first test run I busted my original MAF lol (by the way I'm Cisco). And my replacement that I have now will need replacing soon also. So I don't doubt that it's your MAF. Mine is starting to idle a little rough and will need replacing soon also. I will post a picture soon of why I think they go bad after forcing so much air. We definitely need a redesign. I'm thinking this is a draw back of boosting over 4-5psi's. Because with my Torque app I am able to read my air flow and before upping to 6psi's things were nice. At 6psi's Vince has told me that it's the MAF being maxed out also. But he can still tune it. Just takes a few tries.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #69
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Yes like Tracy said on our first test run I busted my original MAF lol (by the way I'm Cisco). And my replacement that I have now will need replacing soon also. So I don't doubt that it's your MAF. Mine is starting to idle a little rough and will need replacing soon also. I will post a picture soon of why I think they go bad after forcing so much air. We definitely need a redesign. I'm thinking this is a draw back of boosting over 4-5psi's. Because with my Torque app I am able to read my air flow and before upping to 6psi's things were nice. At 6psi's Vince has told me that it's the MAF being maxed out also. But he can still tune it. Just takes a few tries.
This is reassuring in the sense that it sounds similar to what has happened to me. It started about 170 miles south of Tallahassee, just a rough idle and a misfire going up a hill. But then it got worse to the point of where my car was going up a large hill (rpms were building) and the engine died. It wouldn't start until I changed my spark plugs (which were nasty) but even after that it ran very very rough. So its possible the MAF was going bad which resulted in unnecessary fuel being added which ruined my spark plugs (someone want to confirm?)

I'll take it easy going home and try not to build much boost and possibly ruin another MAF and be stranded in the middle of no where.

Cisco, how did your car act right before the MAF went out?
Old 06-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #70
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Were the spark plugs wet with oil?
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote