Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
Camper
Banned

Drives: 10' 2SS LS3 M6
The ECS Novi 2200 started, but not without adversity!

So.... I woke up sunday morning and decided to make the trip to Straighline Performance in New Lenox, IL from Des moines,IA. I got the car all packed up, checked under the hood just to be safe and I was off! Made the drive in about 4.5 hours, booked my hotel and walked across the street to grab some bit @ texas road house. All was well, until..

I woke up the next morning excited to head 6 miles down the road and drop my car off to Nick! I go out, start my car to let it warm up and go back inside for a cup of coffee. At this point, everything seems ok... grab my coffee and head back outside. I sit in my car and sure as crap.. a strong smell of raw fuel! I quickly shut it down and pop the hood to find fuel sprayed everywhere...

I suspect its my fuel feed line, but see nothing out of the ordinary upon inspection,I throw down a few hotel towels and have him give a quick turn of the key to pressurize the fuel so I can see where its coming from. To my surprise its spraying out from where the injector seats into my aftermarket Fast fuel rails.... whats odd is that I made the 350 mile trip fine with no fuel issues...

after a $60 trip to napa for a few basic tools and more importantly, Gloves.. (23degrees outside) I get the fuel rail rip ripped apart and reseat all my injectors and get it fixed. Its now 10 am..

So I make it over to straightline and going over this list of mods I have in my trunk and being shipped direct to his shop!
ECS Novi 2200 kit, ECS 10 Rib, Alky Meth kit, ATI UDP, Mantic 9000 twin Clutch, Master cylinder, slave cylinder ,Squash E85 duel 450lph pump + accessories, Id1000 injectors, Pillar Guages, DSS 1400 Axles , Farks upper control arm bushings , LPW diff cover, Jannetty posi mod, Jannetty diff billet caps, Solo axle back w/J pipes, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, Steel braided Coolant line,
Katech heater hose relocate

Car detail!!
Still undecided but have funds for 2" headers, Eaton truetrac, Pfadt drag coilovers,
3" catback

as were going through the list we begin to talk about how we want to manage boost on the novi 2200, were both sold on the idea of utilizing a wastegate with a 13lb spring on the front side of the intercooler over the standard restrictor plate design by ECS. We were thinking we would pulley down, make higher boost in the lower range and use the wastegate to bleed anything in excess of 13lb, basically hitting peak boost alot sooner.

that was until... we got on the subject of when I could afford to turn the beast over to a 416ci .. a little question and answer back and forth and we decide ill let him know by end of day, well I made my decision within an hour.. **** it, we only live once right!?

So.. the motor gets ripped out today and off to machining, ill update with the assembly we decide on shortly!

Needless to say, im excited! and today is my birthday, so Happy birthday to me!

Special thanks to Matt@FSP for being able to make this all happen for me, you've been pretty much the best vendor ive ever worked with and truly appreciate all the dumb questions i've been bombarding you with over the past 2 weeks and all the cell phone texts over the weekend! Thanks a ton bro! Im sure I have a few more items I need to pickup and will still need to truly upgrade my rear in May.

Last edited by Camper; 03-05-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper View Post
So.... I woke up sunday morning and decided to make the trip to Straighline Performance in New Lenox, IL from Des moines,IA. I got the car all packed up, checked under the hood just to be safe and I was off! Made the drive in about 4.5 hours, booked my hotel and walked across the street to grab some bit @ texas road house. All was well, until..

I woke up the next morning excited to head 6 miles down the road and drop my car off to Nick! I go out, start my car to let it warm up and go back inside for a cup of coffee. At this point, everything seems ok... grab my coffee and head back outside. I sit in my car and sure as crap.. a strong smell of raw fuel! I quickly shut it down and pop the hood to find fuel sprayed everywhere...

I suspect its my fuel feed line, but see nothing out of the ordinary upon inspection,I throw down a few hotel towels and have him give a quick turn of the key to pressurize the fuel so I can see where its coming from. To my surprise its spraying out from where the injector seats into my aftermarket Fast fuel rails.... whats odd is that I made the 350 mile trip fine with no fuel issues...

after a $60 trip to napa for a few basic tools and more importantly, Gloves.. (23degrees outside) I get the fuel rail rip ripped apart and reseat all my injectors and get it fixed. Its now 10 am..

So I make it over to straightline and going over this list of mods I have in my trunk and being shipped direct to his shop!
ECS Novi 2200 kit, Alky Meth kit, ATI UDP, Mantic 9000 twin Clutch, Master cylinder, slave cylinder ,Squash E85 duel 450lph pump + accessories, Id1000 injectors, Pillar Guages, DSS 1400 Axles , Farks upper control arm bushings , LPW diff cover, Jannetty posi mod, Jannetty diff billet caps, Solo axle back w/J pipes, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, Steel braided Coolant line,
Katech heater hose relocate

Car detail!!
Still undecided but have funds for 2" headers, Eaton truetrac, Pfadt drag coilovers,
3" catback

as were going through the list we begin to talk about how we want to manage boost on the novi 2200, were both sold on the idea of utilizing a wastegate with a 13lb spring on the front side of the intercooler over the standard restrictor plate design by ECS. We were thinking we would pulley down, make higher boost in the lower range and use the wastegate to bleed anything in excess of 13lb, basically hitting peak boost alot sooner.

that was until... we got on the subject of when I could afford to turn the beast over to a 416ci .. a little question and answer back and forth and we decide ill let him know by end of day, well I made my decision within an hour.. **** it, we only live once right!?

So.. the motor gets ripped out today and off to machining, ill update with the assembly we decide on shortly!

Needless to say, im excited! and today is my birthday, so Happy birthday to me!

Special thanks to Matt@FSP for being able to make this all happen for me, you've been pretty much the best vendor ive ever worked with and truly appreciate all the dumb questions i've been bombarding you with over the past 2 weeks and all the cell phone texts over the weekend! Thanks a ton bro! Im sure I have a few more items I need to pickup and will still need to truly upgrade my rear in May.
Anything that I can do to help always here for you bud! We do appreciate your business, and take care of that Novi 2200 I'll sure miss it

Keep us updated !!
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
CanadianSS
Blue Streak

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS
I hope we an get pics as the build goes on. What ya say Matt? Just for Camaro5 eyes only?
CanadianSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Drives: 2008 Corvette
I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

D1SC Procharger 932/758 on E85
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #5
02bluess
Camaro Addict

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1 SIM A6
Congrats! I'll be dropping my car off with Nick/Straightline Friday for a few updates and have been working with Matt, too.

Maybe I'll see you at the track once we're buttoned up and the weather is a little less snowy

Paul...

Best Timeslip: TBD
02bluess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #6
avellanet.jr
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #77
FSP is a great vendor! They've done some work already for me and will be doing my cam in April hopefully.

Good luck with your build, I cant wait to see the results.
avellanet.jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:10 AM   #7
Camper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02bluess View Post
Congrats! I'll be dropping my car off with Nick/Straightline Friday for a few updates and have been working with Matt, too.

Maybe I'll see you at the track once we're buttoned up and the weather is a little less snowy

Paul...

Nice! he mentioned your name a few times and I was wondering if you were setup here.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:08 AM   #8
02bluess
Camaro Addict

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1 SIM A6
Quote:
Nice! he mentioned your name a few times and I was wondering if you were setup here.
Yep, Nick's going to have a few pretty quick 5th gen's rolling around... know he's wrapping up another 416/ECS combo, too.

Think maybe a Straightline/ECS/FSP track day will be in order... I have some business to take care of with a certain GT500

Best Timeslip: TBD
02bluess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:40 AM   #9
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02bluess View Post
Think maybe a Straightline/ECS/FSP track day will be in order... I have some business to take care of with a certain GT500
. Thats what I'm talking about haha.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #10
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Btw OP i was going to do something similar on my build run a wastegate and an AEM TRU-Boost Controller so I could street it at a low power and turn it up when I wanted.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #11
fastvee
Banned

Drives: 2011 CTS-V, 2010 SS
So cute on here you are Camper! lol
fastvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #12
Camper
Banned

Camaro5 and LS1TECH SR&K require different tone!! lol
Old 03-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #13
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Quote:
Camaro5 and LS1TECH SR&K require different tone!! lol
Gotta have tough skin on tech. Man I love tech.

D1SC Procharger 932/758 on E85
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #14
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Congrats bro! Cant wait to see the results
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote