Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
adrwhi
MonstaBGP

Drives: Shadow
DiabloSport i1000 question

ok question, I just purchase this tuner. I have 2011 camaro with 1 7/8 kooks headers, K&N cool air intake, and 40 series flowmasters. What are the best settings for my vehicle?
adrwhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
You need a custom tune my friend. The headers and CAI are not going to play nice with a canned tune.

JRE will help you out.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
You need a custom tune my friend. The headers and CAI are not going to play nice with a canned tune.

JRE will help you out.
This.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrwhi View Post
ok question, I just purchase this tuner. I have 2011 camaro with 1 7/8 kooks headers, K&N cool air intake, and 40 series flowmasters. What are the best settings for my vehicle?
These Guys are On Point!

I can help with a Custom tune for your Mods.

Send me Your Original Back up File or 2 Files if automatic along with your

Full Name
Address
Phone Numbers
Year Make Model
Engine and Trans
List of Modifications
Octane burned

To my Email tedj@jannettyracing.com.

Thank You
Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
jkof08

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
Question??

Im in Valdosta too, I just picked up my Camaro 2SS/RS from Miami and im starting to mod it a little bit. I just bought the Hennessey CAI, and the axle Back Kit from Flowmaster, American thunder. and im looking at getting the Diablo i1000. I just wanted to see how it worked for you since you have almost the same mods im putting on.
jkof08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkof08 View Post
Im in Valdosta too, I just picked up my Camaro 2SS/RS from Miami and im starting to mod it a little bit. I just bought the Hennessey CAI, and the axle Back Kit from Flowmaster, American thunder. and im looking at getting the Diablo i1000. I just wanted to see how it worked for you since you have almost the same mods im putting on.
It will work, and if you purchase your I1000 from me the first custom tune for your mods listed is FREE.

Ted.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #7
adrwhi
MonstaBGP

S&S performance tuner

Yeah Im sure Ted can help you out. I tried to get his help but I could not find my original back up file so I ended up taking my car to S&S performance tuner about 30 minutes from here. I just dropped it off today, let you know the results 2morrow!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #8
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Yeah Im sure Ted can help you out. I tried to get his help but I could not find my original back up file so I ended up taking my car to S&S performance tuner about 30 minutes from here. I just dropped it off today, let you know the results 2morrow!
As I said in the Email, you have to have one of the Diablo tunes loaded in order for the device to store the Back Up Files.

If you return to stock the Back up files disappear from the folder.

Thank You
Ted.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #9
adrwhi
MonstaBGP

Fail

Yes sir, I did get your email and Yeah I did that and all it showed is what tune that I chose to put in my car. And believe me I checked all the folders. But its all good, I appreciate your help anyway
Old 03-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #10
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Yes sir, I did get your email and Yeah I did that and all it showed is what tune that I chose to put in my car. And believe me I checked all the folders. But its all good, I appreciate your help anyway
That Sucks, Sorry bud I tried.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #11
adrwhi
MonstaBGP

Quote:
Yo I recommend that you get you Headers before getting a dyno tune. I just got my done yesterday and pulling 400 whp and 399 torque. Trust me it aint no point in getting a Dyno tune twice lol. Diablo i1000 is great but finish the grocery list with the headers, you gonna end up getting them anyway in the near future
Old 03-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #12
jkof08

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
so does the headers void the warranty??? ive got the CAI and flowmaster American thunder kit. and im still deciding on the i1000 tuner. should i Get it???
jkof08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #13
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
so does the headers void the warranty??? ive got the CAI and flowmaster American thunder kit. and im still deciding on the i1000 tuner. should i Get it???
Any Modification can deny you warranty coverage on a failure related to the aftermarket part installed.

So if you install mud flaps with screws and your fender rusts it is not covered under the rust warranty.

Ted.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:51 AM   #14
adrwhi
MonstaBGP

Thats True. Some dealerships won't look at the black and white. They replaced my throttle body the other day at Prince Chevrolet didn't charge. Lucky me