Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
1 foot rollout?

Hi gang, the GM guys talked to me some about 0-60 times and now it got me thinking some. I did a video today and I could not keep the car from breaking loose so the guys on the forums are telling me 5.4 to 5.8 on the times.

The GM guys said at the track, magazines and GM when they do testing you have the one foot rollout before the clock starts. If I am spinning my tires and getting 5.4-5.8 I may really be getting very low 5 or high 4's on my 0-60 times the way they test and a track test.

Am I right in my thinking? If so my car is rocking.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Well, then, I guess your getting a nose bleed with all that speed.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:11 AM   #3
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Scott, I don't think your car is fast enough, and I'd like to see you happy.....so I came up with an idea:

CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Scott, I don't think your car is fast enough, and I'd like to see you happy.....so I came up with an idea:
I want one of those fitted to my car.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:20 AM   #5
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
The "one foot roll-out" is the distance within the "Pre-Staged" and "Staged" lites of the Christmas Tree used as a drag-race starting system. On the starting line, there are two lite beams, broken by the car's front tires. Break the first beam: "Pre-Staged"; break the second beam: "Staged".

DON'T ask about "Deep Staged", cuz THAT'S where the "magic" of Magazine times comes from...and then we'd have to kill you...foot or no foot!

Actually, the earlier (shorter within the lines) you "Stage", the better "run out" you'll get i.e. you're already moving at a slightly greater speed when you trip the "Start" lite beyond the second line (kind of a "head start"). "Deep Staged" helps reaction time, which is NOT important for a Magazine/Manufacturer's purposes, but IS important to winning the race, depending...

BTW, one foot within your 0-60 "distance" will NOT save much "time"...but for bragging rights, every nanosecond COUNTS!

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 08-22-2009 at 10:33 AM.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:26 AM   #6
Timberline

Drives: 2010 SS/RS,LS3,M6,VR
Looks to me your car is running as it should. You need to take it to a dragstrip like Montgomery Motorsports Park which is the closest 1/4mile track to your home town. This is the only true way that you will see the actual performance of the car. The video and gps tracking is simply not acurate enough and is not the way to check the performance.
Take it to Montgomery on a Friday night have some fun and you will soon see how well it is running and I gaurantee you will see other Gen 5 camaro's there to talk to, learn from and make new freinds.
Forget about the 60' times your there.