Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-16-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
ElCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Ordered a IBM 2SS/RS Camaro...

Hey guys/gals,

I placed and order for my camaro... but now I don't feel confident that the dealer I am working with knows what they are doing. They still tell me that price is NOT set and that they still haven't placed the order because they can't do it just yet. Therefore they don't have an order number. Is this infor all messed up? or what's the story?

Thanks in advance!
ElCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
There are all kinds of deals that were struck on this website. Some on here reached an agreement of paying over MSRP, some have an agreement with their dealer to pay MSRP (like me), some have deals at only $500 over invoice which is Supplier discount (I think), and some like yourself have a workbench order but dealer is apparently holding off before setting a price. So it's hard to tell with so many variations I've seen on here. What you may want to consider is going to the threads on here referencing dealers that have agreed to MSRP or better and hopefully you'll find one close to you that will commit to that (and still has allocations left). From what I've seen, if you can pre-order and get this machine for MSRP, you've done pretty well. If you can pre-order and do better than MSRP, well, you're one of the few and the lucky. Good luck!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
You should be able to get something in writing on the price. The price IS set, and it's up to you and the dealer to set it below, at, or above MSRP. I got a printout stating my exact price with tax, tag, and title, which matched MSRP (I confirmed). The one sidenote they added to my order is that the price is subject to change. They claimed this as a required precaution should the MSRP change on GM's end, whether increase or decrease. Either way, from their end, I pay sticker.

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:24 PM   #4
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
If your dealer can not give you a 6 digit confirmation number AND an agreement to sell you the car at the MSRP (or perhaps some amount of $$ below MSRP, if you are lucky) then yes, you DO need another dealer.

This is the least they can do. If they can't do that they are either clueless or trying to pack your price above retail when the car finaly shows up. You do not want to deal with them either way.

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:35 PM   #5
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
You want a dealer in Florida that has spots open? PM me.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #6
ElCamaro

Ok, guys thank so much for the input. As of right now I have a agreement to sell me the car at the MSRP. Not set price but MSRP... I have left a 500 dollar deposit on it already. But they have given me the turn around when it comes to 6 digit order number or when they will place the order. Something about alocation... but i thought that had nothing to do with pre-orders....
Old 02-16-2009, 10:42 PM   #7
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
they sound like they have no allocation left... you are on along wait sir.

PM Scotty !!
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:10 PM   #8
r.i.p.01slpss

Drives: 01 camaro ss (R.I.P) 92 RS
My work told me that they have a periodic consensus with gm on how many cars they get within a certain period. right now at my work they are allocated one... yes one car, but that is within the first two weeks of production. they will have another consensus on how many they get for the entire month of march, and the next month and the next. I don't believe most dealers allocations are truly set. this might be a bunch of bs from my sales manager, but I know him well and as he has a camaro on order I don't believe him to lie. I cannot confirm as I haven't officially ordered my car YET.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:35 AM   #9
ElCamaro

Spoke with the dealer that I have a 500 dollar deposit. The sales man still told me that they do NOT have any pricing set on stone. That the price can change up and until the car gets there. That they do NOT have an order # for me.. then he was telling me to begin with that they didn't know how much allocation they had and then changed his story to 10 allocations. So... I asked for my 6 digit order # and of course he didn't have it.

I am not liking the way things are going with them...
Old 02-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #10
ElCamaro

no comments??? is it right what they are telling me? or are they feeding me BS
Old 02-27-2009, 06:40 PM   #11
domano 68

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
You want a dealer in Florida that has spots open? PM me.
Got any in North Alabama? TIA!
domano 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:17 AM   #12
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
You should be able to find a dealer that knows their allocation, and is willing to tell you how many they have left. The should be able to enter the order in workbench now, and get you your code. If a dealer is giving you the run around, they are either A) an idiot, or B) out of allocation and just taking you for a ride. Either way, they haven't earned your business.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:21 AM   #13
69Firebird

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS LS3
My dealer also said that prices are not set, but he did give me the car at MSRP. The price he quoted me is exactly what I've seen on all of the price lists, but they said I will be paying whatever the Window Sticker says from the factory. So it could go up or down a bit, but they are not expecting any large changes if any.
I had to put a refundable $1000 deposit down and they did give me an order number.

Delivered 8/4/09: Black on Black 2SS/RS, LS3, CGM Stripes, Polished Upgrade

K&N Typhoon Intake, Stainless Works 3" Catback w/ S-Tube Turbo Mufflers
69Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:15 PM   #14
ElCamaro

so I talked to my Miami dealer today... I actually talked to the owner... i had some questions... he answered:

Me: Order # for my camaro?
Him: I will get your sales man to call you either today or tomorrow.

Me: What about pricing I know the prices are in the workbench and autobook?
Him: All that can change until last minute.

Him: You know you won't be getting this car until September.. right?
Me: that's what you had said before.