Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 02-16-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
SS Michael

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Camaro Tuning in Texas

I'm about to make a decision to go with a tuning shop in Houston that will put 600+RWHP and 600+RWTQ on my 2010 Camaro 22. This is done with a turbo, headers and exhaust system, intake, torque converter cam phaser and aggresive cam. Before I make my decision I want to see if anyone has some suggestions of places that could give me some big gains for a reasonable price here in Texas. If there are any satisfied customers or shops/dealers that can help me out, please let me know. I would like to know every option I have before I make my decision. Thank you in advance for your help!

Last edited by SS Michael; 02-16-2010 at 07:07 PM.
SS Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Hey Michael,

You might want to call and at least talk the ART, (American Racing Technology) in Buda Texas, just south of Austin... For a distance relationship, it's about three miles from Cabelas... They have been dealing with LSxxxx motors in Vettes and are including Camaros in their work scope... They have posted some incredible numbers... They have a GT in the reception area of the shop thats putting out somewhere around 1300+ Hp, and it went 230+ at the Texas Mile... The salesmanager I worked with for my Camaro gave me his card when I bought the car... It's worth a call... They do engines exhaust, tuning etc...There is a web site for contact info... Can't hurt to call... It's probably where I'm going to have a SC put on my car in about a year... since they are ten minutes from my house and come very highly recommended...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
SS Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Hey Michael,

You might want to call and at least talk the ART, (American Racing Technology) in Buda Texas, just south of Austin... For a distance relationship, it's about three miles from Cabelas... They have been dealing with LSxxxx motors in Vettes and are including Camaros in their work scope... They have posted some incredible numbers... They have a GT in the reception area of the shop thats putting out somewhere around 1300+ Hp, and it went 230+ at the Texas Mile... The salesmanager I worked with for my Camaro gave me his card when I bought the car... It's worth a call... They do engines exhaust, tuning etc...There is a web site for contact info... Can't hurt to call... It's probably where I'm going to have a SC put on my car in about a year... since they are ten minutes from my house and come very highly recommended...
Great information bud.I appreciate it and I will definitely look into this shop. Good luck with your future modifications!
Old 02-16-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Michael View Post
Great information bud.I appreciate it and I will definitely look into this shop. Good luck with your future modifications!
Thanks,

Here is the link to their website, click on upgrades and then Vettes to see some of the stuff they are doing to the LS xxxx motors... I was duly impressed when I stopped by the shop prior to buying my Camaro...

http://www.americanracingtech.com/about.php

Call and ask to speak to Cody... He's the owner, seems like a really good guy, and he was recommended to me...

They are doing Turbo's, SuperChargers etc...your choice... I have no idea of the cost, but I would bet they are competetive with comparable shops...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 02-16-2010, 08:47 PM   #5
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Mike... Check this out
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65120

I talked to 5 shops in Texas and one in Illinois. Including ART ( I liked them a lot)
But I went with Xtreme HP out of the DFW area. As you can see in my thread we are getting extremely close (over if you take it to other dynos) to 600rwhp with ONLY a Procharger/headers/exhaust. I am out of the shop for less than 10k.
I am not sure if they do turbos, but they will do about any type of supercharger. They have some really high HP Camaros at their shop.

read my thread and shoot Xtreme a PM and see what they can set you up with. I am blown away by their service and knowledge. Shoot me a PM if you want some more info.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:07 PM   #6
jimmie.briseno

Drives: camaro
boy SS Michael you are a busy man! HAHA PM with the price you got from that shop in Houston, maybe ill meet you there!
jimmie.briseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #7
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Hey Michael,

I have dynoed a few times there. Easy going folks and pleasant to talk to.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:32 PM   #8
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
Cory @

http://www.hendersonperformance.com/
Old 02-17-2010, 07:34 AM   #9
Autobot
More than meets the eye

Drives: 2SS RS M6 06 Jetta TDI 17 Civic EXL
Arrow X-Treme Horsepower

I go to X-treme Horsepower in North Richland Hills, TX
great people fantastic job.
Repeat customer

you can also read my review on them here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63616
Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #10
SS Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
Mike... Check this out
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65120

I talked to 5 shops in Texas and one in Illinois. Including ART ( I liked them a lot)
But I went with Xtreme HP out of the DFW area. As you can see in my thread we are getting extremely close (over if you take it to other dynos) to 600rwhp with ONLY a Procharger/headers/exhaust. I am out of the shop for less than 10k.
I am not sure if they do turbos, but they will do about any type of supercharger. They have some really high HP Camaros at their shop.

read my thread and shoot Xtreme a PM and see what they can set you up with. I am blown away by their service and knowledge. Shoot me a PM if you want some more info.
Yeah man, they shot me some info in another thread. I'm definitely going to check into it. What exactly did you have done to yours? Thanks for your info Kyle and keep me posted.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #11
SS Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie.briseno View Post
boy SS Michael you are a busy man! HAHA PM with the price you got from that shop in Houston, maybe ill meet you there!
What going on Jimmie. Nice to see someone else from Corpus on here. I'll send you the prices when I recieve the full breakdown on the job. I'm still waiting on that e-mail but I'll keep you posted bud.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:16 AM   #12
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
ADM Performance has an excellent reputation and does outstanding work (hence the excellent reputation.) They're cars have been featured on the home page more than once, so they're worth a call if you're thinking at all about getting work done in the D/FW area.

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:26 AM   #13
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Michael View Post
Yeah man, they shot me some info in another thread. I'm definitely going to check into it. What exactly did you have done to yours? Thanks for your info Kyle and keep me posted.
I pretty much posted all the details... but here is my experiance.

There was about a month of emailing back and forth with Cody, figuring out exactly what I wanted. We scheduled the time we wanted to do it. I live in Austin and work in Virginia so I have the luxury of leaving it with them for 10 days at a time and not really missing it (physically), haha.
I dropped it off, they showed me around, started some other cars for me, then took me to the airport so I could go to work. Cody is keeping me up to date with pics of the build and some video and titilizing dyno numbers.. yes I said titilizing
They are picking me back up at the airport when I come to pick the car up as well.

They really bend over backwards for you, I met 4 guys that had work done there and they all agree. Cody also has a couple "special" add-ons he likes to do for the owner... but I will keep those secret on this thread... actually 3 if you count him starting a Build thread on Camaro5 for you.

The pricing is out of this world too. I had Xtreme HP install a D1SC Procharger, Kooks Headers, Kooks Highflow Cats, and full Kooks pipe and mufflers out the back. That is it. I posted a ball park price up top, but the owner even told me.. i do not want to set your hopes too high on RWHP, but it will be nice. Needless to say they are blown away by how much power this Procharger is pushing out. I will be floating around 600rwhp with out a Cam... I am scared to see what that combo will put out with a hot cam.

All in all man.. You can gaaaaranteee that I will be back. (suspension)
as always... feel free to PM me if you want to know anything else
Old 02-17-2010, 11:49 AM   #14
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
There was about a month of emailing back and forth with Cody, figuring out exactly what I wanted. We scheduled the time we wanted to do it. I live in Austin and work in Virginia so I have the luxury of leaving it with them for 10 days at a time and not really missing it (physically), haha.
I dropped it off, they showed me around, started some other cars for me, then took me to the airport so I could go to work. Cody is keeping me up to date with pics of the build and some video and titilizing dyno numbers.. yes I said titilizing
They are picking me back up at the airport when I come to pick the car up as well.
Kyle,

You've intrigued me with this service... I work out of country, and actually fly out of Dallas... and they would have about thirty days to work on mine...I will be talking to you in person as soon as we can get hooked up either in San Antonio or Austin... thanks for the write up...

Only thing I see different is I want to go ahead with the cam and most likely forged lower internals... I told my wife to plan on 12 to 20 grand for the build... her response was... ok... I am about a year from doing it though...

Tags
camaro, rwhp, supercharger, tuning, turbo