Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #15
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genious View Post
what is the price for just the hood?
Click on the link I posted above, it will take you to the page with just the hood.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:16 AM   #16
SummoneR
Paul

Another question.

I have an aftermarket exhaust. How much longer does the stock exhaust need to be to fit? I am hoping my after market will go out that far. I know the site says your tips are 4.5" long, but if the factory is 3 then we should only need another 1.5" Hence the point of my question.

Thank you.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #17
herkman

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS, 69 Camaro
Can I get just the rear fascia?
R6P - Kooks 1-7/8 Catted LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, MGW Shifter, Revolution SS Front Spoiler, Unrestricted Motorsports Rear Spoiler, Razzi Side and Rear EFX, Heritage Grill, Hawk HPS Pads, G2 Matched Calipers, SAV-3 Wheels, Vengeance Racing Stage II Cam 227/239.614/.624 115+3, 25% Underdrive Pulley, Oil Catch Can, 461 RWHP - 420 Torque
herkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:09 AM   #18
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Does the front facia need to be removed for installation?
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:12 PM   #19
PFYC

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Will the Urethane front be avail? I'd like all the material to match, rather than have the front be fiberglass.
While the urethane version is planned, it has not yet been scheduled. There are other projects (including a V6 version) in the pipeline ahead of it. As far as matching, once installed and painted, it all matches up fine as you see in the photos. I doubt anyone could tell what parts are urethane vs what parts are fiberglass after installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Another question.

I have an aftermarket exhaust. How much longer does the stock exhaust need to be to fit? I am hoping my after market will go out that far. I know the site says your tips are 4.5" long, but if the factory is 3 then we should only need another 1.5" Hence the point of my question.

Thank you.
First off, thanks for answering some of the earlier questions. Maybe we should hire you.

There are two things to consider with the exhaust tips; length and outlet diameter. The outlets of the tips are 4.5" inches in diameter, the length of the tips is about 9" or so. On an SS, you'll need to extend the tips out about 3"-4" or so (depending on how far out you want them to extend beyond the fascia). On our car, we have them about 1/2" out from flush with the rear fascia. The tips on an SS are 4" diameter so they fill the opening ok and SS owners can get away with using their factory tips and simply having them extended from the mufflers by about 3"-4". On the V6 models, the tips are a lot smaller in diameter and would not look right in the larger opening so V6 owners really need to replace the tips with something with a larger outlet diameter to fill the opening nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkman View Post
Can I get just the rear fascia?
Individual pieces will be available shortly but we'd like to get through some of the full kit orders before offering individual pieces. That should happen soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Does the front facia need to be removed for installation?
No, the front air dam is a pretty easy installation. It slips right over the existing fascia and is secured by automotive grade double sided tape across the front and also uses custom made brackets to secure it to existing bolts in the wheel well area.
PFYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:23 PM   #20
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
rear fasica is a winner - pm sent recognzing you want full kit orders first... would be fantastic if "Sinister" was replaced with "Camaro" but then you'd need to deal with GM licensing gymnastics...

UPDATE - PFYC indicated the rear fascia comes blank with the "Sinister" raised letters to put on if you want them - this allows them to be left blank or other lettering to be put on...
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:

Last edited by tjd24; 06-11-2010 at 10:03 AM.
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:52 PM   #21
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFYC View Post
While the urethane version is planned, it has not yet been scheduled. There are other projects (including a V6 version) in the pipeline ahead of it. As far as matching, once installed and painted, it all matches up fine as you see in the photos. I doubt anyone could tell what parts are urethane vs what parts are fiberglass after installation.
It's not so much the after install looks. I just find it funny to have one piece fiber and the rest Urethane. Fiber cracks easier and yellows faster from what I understand. So I just want the most durable. You will probably have it avail. by the time I can order anyway. Thanks for the answer.

Quote:
First off, thanks for answering some of the earlier questions. Maybe we should hire you.
No problem were all here to help each other. BTW I am looking for work...

Quote:
There are two things to consider with the exhaust tips; length and outlet diameter. The outlets of the tips are 4.5" inches in diameter, the length of the tips is about 9" or so. On an SS, you'll need to extend the tips out about 3"-4" or so (depending on how far out you want them to extend beyond the fascia). On our car, we have them about 1/2" out from flush with the rear fascia. The tips on an SS are 4" diameter so they fill the opening ok and SS owners can get away with using their factory tips and simply having them extended from the mufflers by about 3"-4". On the V6 models, the tips are a lot smaller in diameter and would not look right in the larger opening so V6 owners really need to replace the tips with something with a larger outlet diameter to fill the opening nicely.
I will have to see if my MBRP Exhaust will extend that far. It certainly has a big enough diameter. is the 3" and the tips are at least 4 1/2" in diameter I will have to measure to make sure before I order if an when I can.

The front fascia still has vents right with a mesh behind them?

Thanks for all the answers. I think this kit would look awesome on my ABM.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:20 AM   #22
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
i like the looks of this. i was pretty much set on the gm kit but now i'm second guessing my self. lol
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:43 PM   #23
ddavis
boostalicious

Drives: Blown Ls3
how much does the fiberglass hood weigh?
ddavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:07 PM   #24
Born67

Drives: Camaro SS
My fiberglass hood from another vendor is bubbling on me to all hell and back. At this point I don't even care what's causing it, I'm going carbon fiber.

Am I correct that I can have your carbon fiber hood painted?

Thanks,

Allen
Born67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:28 AM   #25
BANZAIKEV
Cap'n of the Black Pearl

Drives: Black 1LT/RS/M6 W/Black interior
Future buyer here. Best package Ive seen. Awesome. When will the V6 front facia be available?

Camaro5-DFW member
BANZAIKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:03 AM   #26
ddavis
boostalicious

Drives: Blown Ls3
Hows the fitment of the hood? Even gaps? Any closer pictures of the quality? Thanks
ddavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:45 PM   #27
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Bump for a great looking package!
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:48 AM   #28
alssiri

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Just got my Sinister rear spoiler from PFYC & got some test fit pics befor painting it.

Ahmad
2012 ZL1 A6 (SOLD)
Forged 376 CI, LSA HeartBeat, Mast Medium Bore Heads & JDP ZLR Cam, ARH LT , MagnaFlow Resonated X + Borla Atak Catback, ADM 102mm Snout, CAI, NW102MM TB, ID850, Fore Triple Fuel Pump, MSD Wire's, Moroso CC.
Alky Control, FIICHILLER.
alssiri is offline   Reply With Quote