Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 02-21-2015, 03:41 PM   #1961
cuban_camaro

Drives: daily fast
Beware of Las Vegas Performance shop! Sin City Performance

LAS VEGAS LSx OWNERS PLEASE READ:

I want to share my bad experience so no one else in Vegas gets ripped off. Horrible dyno tuning and customer service from Mike at Sin City Performance. So I had my 2013 Camaro SS L99 auto dyno tuned by Sin City Performance in Las Vegas / Henderson Nevada, back in late September 2014. I took the car in dropped it off and was told I would receive a professional custom tune. It cost $500.00. After getting the car back, I noticed it did not feel much different than before and the shifts were horrible, almost felt as if the transmission was slipping:( I called and asked the shop if they could take a look at it and see what was going on with the car, they told me that they lock their tunes and they were not able to look at it for me. WTF?? I had tried to get them to address the issue for months now. I finally got in the car and drove to the shop. I asked the worker behind the counter if they could look at the tune and he replied for another $500.00 he could possibly fix it! Are you F'ing kidding me? I told him to unlock it put the stock tune it and keep my original $500.00 and I would go elsewhere. He laughed and said, good look, the tune is locked! Horrible customer service. The good news now! I ended up taking the car to another shop and he was able to read their locked tune! They forgot to lock it. LOL After the other shop looked over the tune and fixed the trans issue. BTW it shifts perfect now. Sin City Performance had only made a few changes and he showed me the comparison files. I have made a appointment with a real tuner in Las Vegas!
DO NOT USE SIN CITY PERFORMANCE IN LAS VEGAS!
cuban_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:35 AM   #1962
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot

See Vegas or not snow WILL FIND YOU!!! LooL!
The wife just got back from state line. She had a helluva snow story. Had Ohio flashbacks and just agreed.......
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:14 PM   #1963
Kojo

Drives: 2013 1LE
ooh! haha I'm sure its an interesting story! the foglight holes look packed with snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban_camaro View Post
Sin City Performance had only made a few changes and he showed me the comparison files. I have made a appointment with a real tuner in Las Vegas!
this brings up a question for me, who is/are the go to shops/tuners for LS motors here in vegas anyway?
Kojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 05:26 PM   #1964
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
So how do I enlist for the sin city camaro club? Figured I would head down to the cars and coffee tomorrow and see If I could find someone?
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:56 PM   #1965
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Drives: 2SS/RS SW with Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to SSGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SSGirl Send a message via Skype™ to SSGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom_vroom View Post
So how do I enlist for the sin city camaro club? Figured I would head down to the cars and coffee tomorrow and see If I could find someone?
Sin City Camaro Club parks by Crepe Expecations. Look for a guy named Leo in a convertible 45th. I am one of the admins for our Facebook Page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/216717468521520/ I don't go to Cars and Coffee much but there are some that still do.

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
K&N CAI, Customized Graphics, JBA Long Tube Headers, JBA High Flow Cat Back Exhaust, LED Fog Lamps, Heritage Grill, TSW Mirabeau Multipiece Alloy Wheels.
SSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:01 AM   #1966
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Drives: 2SS/RS SW with Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to SSGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SSGirl Send a message via Skype™ to SSGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban_camaro View Post

I want to share my bad experience so no one else in Vegas gets ripped off. Horrible dyno tuning and customer service from Mike at Sin City Performance. So I had my 2013 Camaro SS L99 auto dyno tuned by Sin City Performance in Las Vegas / Henderson Nevada, back in late September 2014. I took the car in dropped it off and was told I would receive a professional custom tune. It cost $500.00. After getting the car back, I noticed it did not feel much different than before and the shifts were horrible, almost felt as if the transmission was slipping:( I called and asked the shop if they could take a look at it and see what was going on with the car, they told me that they lock their tunes and they were not able to look at it for me. WTF?? I had tried to get them to address the issue for months now. I finally got in the car and drove to the shop. I asked the worker behind the counter if they could look at the tune and he replied for another $500.00 he could possibly fix it! Are you F'ing kidding me? I told him to unlock it put the stock tune it and keep my original $500.00 and I would go elsewhere. He laughed and said, good look, the tune is locked! Horrible customer service. The good news now! I ended up taking the car to another shop and he was able to read their locked tune! They forgot to lock it. LOL After the other shop looked over the tune and fixed the trans issue. BTW it shifts perfect now. Sin City Performance had only made a few changes and he showed me the comparison files. I have made a appointment with a real tuner in Las Vegas!
That sucks! I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Mike and his shop. I have known him for about 5 years and he's always done great work for me. He has worked on both of my 5th Gens and did my tune on my current 2011 2SS/RS. Check out a friend of mines shop if you ever need anything. He is a cool dude and straight up honest! https://www.facebook.com/Revolutionraceworks?fref=nf

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
K&N CAI, Customized Graphics, JBA Long Tube Headers, JBA High Flow Cat Back Exhaust, LED Fog Lamps, Heritage Grill, TSW Mirabeau Multipiece Alloy Wheels.
SSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:45 PM   #1967
SIM2LS13

Drives: 2013 2LS SIM
I tried asking this question before but did not get much of a response. Does anyone here in Vegas know of a good shop to get the bushings timed? I lowered my car a month ago and I have not done this step. Any and all help would be appreciated. On a side note...I tried joining the Facebook Vegas Camaro group, but have not been approved yet. How do I get approved?
  • Apex 1.25" Drop Springs
  • Cold Air Inductions intake
  • Elite Engineering catch can
  • MRT v2 exhaust
  • Four pack gauges
  • OEM ZL1 front bumper
  • OEM ZL1 side rockers
  • OEM ZL1 rear diffuser
  • OEM ZL1 grille
SIM2LS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:14 AM   #1968
wlvrine

Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Performance upgrades

What are some of the upgrades you guys have done to make your Camaros more fun to drive, and get the best performance out of them? Without making them sound too loud or obnoxious.
I was thinking of adding a CAI and short throw shifter, any other suggestions?
😊
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:31 AM   #1969
rolopez702
Sancho the Camaro

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LT Red Rock Metallic
Henderson/Vegas

Battle Born, Vegas Raised!
rolopez702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:34 PM   #1970
dozSS

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Had a nice cruise to work this morning down the 2-15 with a white '14/'15. Not sure if you are on the board, but hello if you are!
dozSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:29 PM   #1971
SIM2LS13

Drives: 2013 2LS SIM
Hello everyone, I'm just getting a feeler put out here. I am going to be selling my Factory Reproductions wheels with tires. I would rather sell them to someone local instead of shipping them out. I just wanted to see if there would be an interest for these.
  • Apex 1.25" Drop Springs
  • Cold Air Inductions intake
  • Elite Engineering catch can
  • MRT v2 exhaust
  • Four pack gauges
  • OEM ZL1 front bumper
  • OEM ZL1 side rockers
  • OEM ZL1 rear diffuser
  • OEM ZL1 grille
SIM2LS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:59 AM   #1972
vegas girl

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS BRM convertible
From Vegas...member of Southern Nevada Camaro Club....looking forward to our annual Hoover Dam run on Sunday

2013 2LT/RS BRM Convertible
vegas girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:54 AM   #1973
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I visit Vegas all the time for work.

It would be cool to check out some of the local Camaro clubs or meetings. I hate Facebook.

Do you send our texts or emails on when you guys/gals meet?
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:50 PM   #1974
vegas girl

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS BRM convertible
We do some sort of event monthly March through November. Our website doesn't get much action....most of our announcements are handled on our Facebook group page.

2013 2LT/RS BRM Convertible
vegas girl is offline   Reply With Quote