Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-14-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Patience is its Own Reward!

Fellow Camaro 5 Members:

I have been on this board now since March 2008. Obviously not an original member, but I have kept pretty much up to speed and posted when I felt appropriate. Which leads me to what I am saying here.

I ordered during the pre-order time frame. Prior to ordering I surveyed several dealers in my area. Only one, told me that they would not sell for over MSRP. One!!!! Out of the list I had put together that winnowed the herd down considerably as far as from whom I would order my car.

When I walked into the dealer, I was approached by a Sales Associate, who had been on the job for three hours. Yes, three hours. Regardless, We sat down (my lovely wife and I) to talk about ordering a car. Our Sales Rep., having been at this position a fairly short amount of time, I kept patient, and educated him, about the Camaro. No biggy there. It was actually pleasant to take some time and explain many of the codes and ordering options available. We made our respective decisions regarding options, color, model, interior, etc. No problems. We placed our deposit on the spot. We were treated with respect. I treated my Sales Rep. With equal respect. No condescending comments, no name calling, no holier than thou attitude.

Now, here is where I diverge from many who are on this board. I was (and still am) patient about the entire process. I did not call my Dealer daily for status updates. I did not bug my Sales Rep. About the car. I did not explode at every crisis du jour as manifested on this website. I remained calm. I remained, patient. I remained excited, during the weeks between which I ordered my car and when I was notified of it’s production.

This is the first Automobile, I have ever ordered to my specifications. Interesting, in and of itself, considering I am 59 years old. When I did so, I fully understood the very real possibility that I may not see my car until sometime in the Fall.

Lo, and behold, two weeks ago, I was notified that my car was in production. This morning, I was notified that the car has arrived at my dealer.

The overall message I want to convey is this:

Be patient, this isn’t a fast food order. It is a complex piece of machinery. It consists of thousands of parts and is a result of ordering a specific package of options. It is understandable that many are anxious. To the point of distraction, I might add. But, all I can say is that I have learned one thing, during this entire process, “Patience is its own reward!”

I am grateful, for many things here. I have had the ability to purchase a vehicle that is far and away, what I would consider one of the finest muscle cars to ever come down the chute from GM. I am also grateful for all the new friends and acquaintances, I have made since the original Concept was unveiled in Detroit back in 2006. I am thankful that we live in a country where we have this kind of choice available to us for our transportation needs. (Admittedly, this will be my weekend special driver).

Most of all I am Thankful for the Team that put this car together. I am so poor with names. But, Scott, John, Cheryl, Sangyup, Ed, and everyone made it all happen!

Thanks!!!

Just got back from my Dealer. That Orange Interior Trim, just kicks butt. I am waiting for the Rally Stripes to be added. Oh my Lord, is that Car beautiful. Here's some pics:
Attached Images

Last edited by greenrail; 05-14-2009 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Added Photos
greenrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Old 05-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #3
Nova65

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Auto IBM Black Int
right on!
Nova65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:56 AM   #4
Hoddi
Camaro Girl ~

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Well said

Can't wait to see pics

Enjoy!

Holly ~
Waiting for my silver baby
SS/RS - black leather - sunroof
Hoddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:58 AM   #5
2Scoops

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Well said... and Congrats on the new ride!!!!!
Rest in peace my Brothers.

2SS/RS MN6, Cyber Grey Metallic w/ Black Rally Stripes

http://twoscoopscamaro5.mybrute.com
2Scoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #6
Phil Oliver

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro 1LT
well said
Old 05-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #7
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Exclamation

CONGRATS

FROM

CHEESELAND!

CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:00 AM   #8
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
I could not have said it better.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:01 AM   #9
blackedout010

Drives: on order black 2010 2ss
awesome!!!!!!
blackedout010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #10
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
On point!

It is the computer age and too much free time that "spin doctors" all this to soap opera level.

My status updates are given to me when my salesman calls or emails me. He said he would and has done so.

Continually calling GM 1-800 or your salesman WILL NOT get your car here earlier. The process is set in motion and it is what it is. I repeat, NOBODY can get your Camaro here sooner than the wheels of motion will allow.

Methinks it is a nervous or anxiety disorder that some people have...and no, the Camaro is not a Whopper, and this isn't Burger King!
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:18 AM   #11
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Very well put, and many would do well to heed your words, Greenrail.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:23 AM   #12
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Will have picks next Friday. (Need to have stripes added and waiting for the cash from my Brickyard Car Sale!)

May go look at her tonight and start drooling!
Old 05-14-2009, 11:26 AM   #13
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Scoops View Post
Well said... and Congrats on the new ride!!!!!
Old 05-14-2009, 11:31 AM   #14
spi

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS
Send a message via MSN to spi Send a message via Yahoo to spi
Congrats on your new ride greenrail, and great words of wisdom or advice how ever you wanna look at it

VIN# 2G1FK1EJ0A9106637
spi is offline   Reply With Quote