Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #29
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Its heavy too. I need to find the stock flywheel weight and weigh this bad boy.
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:15 AM   #30
baup5f

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Coupe
anyway you could take some pics of the stock flywheel and clutch components when you're doing the swap? maybe some side by side comparison pics too?
Old 11-11-2011, 03:36 PM   #31
camaro-21

Drives: 2011 cyber grey metallic camaro v6
I ordered mine just waiting for it to come on in should be prettty awesome !
camaro-21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #32
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by baup5f View Post
anyway you could take some pics of the stock flywheel and clutch components when you're doing the swap? maybe some side by side comparison pics too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro-21 View Post
I ordered mine just waiting for it to come on in should be prettty awesome !
I will be installing as soon as my new release bearing arrives. Always replace it when you install a new clutch. I'm waiting on gmpartsdirect.com to get me the part number, unless someone knows what it is.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #33
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
I have a quick question on their website they have the additioal clamp load upgrade for $139 and it says it increases the capacities by 130 ft lbs so wouldnt have be cheaper then stepping up to say a stage 3 over a stage 1?

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Stainless powers 1 7/8 LT headers, cold air inductions cai, Tuned by dynosteve, Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #34
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeRidesAlone View Post
I have a quick question on their website they have the additioal clamp load upgrade for $139 and it says it increases the capacities by 130 ft lbs so wouldnt have be cheaper then stepping up to say a stage 3 over a stage 1?
No, becuase the stage 3 kit will be worth the extra for the upgrade. Better clutch disk material for one. "Steel-backed and multi-compound woven organic material" vs "Carbon-Graphite Friction Material" of the stage 3.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #35
khabboub
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: Sold c7, in the market!
Quote:
No, becuase the stage 3 kit will be worth the extra for the upgrade. Better clutch disk material for one. "Steel-backed and multi-compound woven organic material" vs "Carbon-Graphite Friction Material" of the stage 3.
so which clutch did you get? what stage?
khabboub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:52 PM   #36
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by khabboub View Post
so which clutch did you get? what stage?
Stage 1, good for 340 ft/lbs. That's more than what our tranny can handle anyway.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:24 AM   #37
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
but isn't the trans rating based on the clutch clamping capability? Shouldn't you have went for the gusto and picked up a stage3 just to be sure any future mods will be no problem for the trans to handle? wonder what the stage3 will feel like on your leg if you ever got stuck in stop and go traffic probably blow out your knee after a couple trips to work and back! I hope it kicks as much as as I'd like to believe it will.

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:46 AM   #38
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdon View Post
but isn't the trans rating based on the clutch clamping capability? Shouldn't you have went for the gusto and picked up a stage3 just to be sure any future mods will be no problem for the trans to handle? wonder what the stage3 will feel like on your leg if you ever got stuck in stop and go traffic probably blow out your knee after a couple trips to work and back! I hope it kicks as much as as I'd like to believe it will.
The max gearbox torque capacity is 325 lb/ft for the AY6. I'm not sure what the max torque for the stock clutch is. I'm not going to destroy my knee for the extra torque capacity.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #39
khabboub
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: Sold c7, in the market!
Quote:
The max gearbox torque capacity is 325 lb/ft for the AY6. I'm not sure what the max torque for the stock clutch is. I'm not going to destroy my knee for the extra torque capacity.
so are you guys sure that this will make this clutch pedal feel stiffer?
khabboub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #40
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
it is a hydraulic clutch so how much stiffer would it get?

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Stainless powers 1 7/8 LT headers, cold air inductions cai, Tuned by dynosteve, Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #41
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by khabboub View Post
so are you guys sure that this will make this clutch pedal feel stiffer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeRidesAlone View Post
it is a hydraulic clutch so how much stiffer would it get?
With heavy duty pressure plates. When you push the clutch pedal down, your pushing in the diaphragm spring on the pressure plate, disengaging the clutch. The heavier duty pressure plates that have high clamp loads. Which means a stronger, stiffer diaphragm spring. The stronger that spring is, the more effort it takes.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:12 PM   #42
camaro-21

Drives: 2011 cyber grey metallic camaro v6
I got the stage 3+
camaro-21 is offline   Reply With Quote