Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-18-2021, 07:56 AM   #57
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I’ll toss my vote in for the TT… A few sound clips…

First start, pseudo canned tune, new everything… After the start you can hear the 76/75 twins spinning up at idle…

Idle… exhaust note… 3.5 inch dual exhaust with a custom X pipe, Magna flow mufflers, 3.5 inch in / out, with custom 3.5 x 4.0 inch double wall tips….

Moderate pull, 8,100 rpm… (stopped short) shift point is 9,000 rpm… Tires spun on the dyno… 27 lbs of boost, of 35 planned…

Pretty sick!! What’s your setup to go to 9000
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 11:42 PM   #58
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
Pretty sick!! What’s your setup to go to 9000
Short answer,

Callies BBC crank, Ultra Billet rods, Ross Racing Pistons, tool steel wrist pins @ the pistons and TS pushrods for the valves, AllPro Heads with Jesel valve train, and a Dailey 7 stage Dry Sump. Aluminum block, half filled… and a big ole billet solid roller cam…

Long Answer…

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122837

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:18 AM   #59
JMI

Drives: Red Jewel Camaro SS
I was on the same boat. Was going back and forth with different Forced Induction setups.
I ended up going with the AGP twin turbo setup.Beause some well known Camaro builders back then were very happy with the setup,so if it was good enough for them,it was good enough for me. Glad I did.With a Cortec boost controller,it can be tamed enough so that my wife can drive it,or poor street,track conditions to control the power. I have the 3" Kooks exhaust. It's not loud compare to a traditional exhaust setup with headers which I like. The turbo's can be heard fairly easy for a statement if needed.And if you have the right engine,turbo size setup.It can make good power and surprise alot of people.

I added 3 links below for the noise and a run that we did at a airport recently and the runway. Was against a mild built GTR, Maserati,and a Dodge Demon,the the runway wasn't quite dry. As you can see on the video,the windshield of the GTR was still wet.We only put some decent power to it in 3rd gear which was above 100mph.At the 5000ft mark which is under 1 mile.I recorded on the GPS 318.6KM/H is is pretty close to 198 mph. My Dragy also showed that I was 7 mile per hour slower at the 1/4 mile than what I normally run on the street (which I can't really put full power at lower speeds anyways) on 20" wheels. We also did another race againsts a Lambo Aventator AWD. Same results,at the start,he got the jump because he had way more traction that me and the track was actually wet.But I pulled but I passed him on the big end.He was also a little confused. lol....

So next year,if the weather is good and better traction, we should be able to do 320 km/h or 200 mph in 5000 ft. Not bad for a heavy weight daily driver old Camaro. lol...

https://youtu.be/Tr7oS1Xkll8

https://www.facebook.com/aaron.bonan...13819849454831

https://www.facebook.com/ron.e.poiri...13831136155962

Last edited by JMI; 10-01-2021 at 01:16 PM.
JMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 04:03 PM   #60
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 1000+ HP SBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Short answer,

Callies BBC crank, Ultra Billet rods, Ross Racing Pistons, tool steel wrist pins @ the pistons and TS pushrods for the valves, AllPro Heads with Jesel valve train, and a Dailey 7 stage Dry Sump. Aluminum block, half filled… and a big ole billet solid roller cam…

Long Answer…

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122837
Dayyyuummmmmm!
Kooks LT Headers and full 3" exhaust
Fore Triple Pump Fuel System with ID 1700X Injectors - E85 conversion

DSS 9” Conversion (1400 hp axles, driveshaft, pumpkin) & Strange 3.70 gears
McLeod RXT Twin HD Clutch & Upgraded Slave
RPM Level VII
TR6060
BMR Drag Suspension Package w/Strange shocks
Carlyle 15" and M/T ET Street R radials
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile