Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-17-2008, 08:26 PM   #43
garymac
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 1969SS & future C5 Camaro
And that $30684 included the Red Jewel Tint and Polished 20" wheels.
garymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:28 PM   #44
ROE

Drives: 2008 cts
WAITING ON HUD
ROE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:49 PM   #45
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
I'm waiting. I have over $10,000+ to put down already, but I want to have 25K to put down to minimize my payments as much as possible, which I'll have by late 2009 or early 2010. Thank God I'm patient, it's really hard not to. I almost bought a new Chally.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:21 PM   #46
Dunk31
Instigator

Drives: 93 Z28, 70 Chevelle SS 97 Expo
Location: Kandahar, Afghanistan/St. Louis will always be home though.
I have no choice but wait. I had plans of being one of the first to order, but I just found out when my next deployment is and it doesn't make much sense for me to buy a car, drive it for 6-8 months and then have to store it for a year. So I'm just gonna save all my deployment money and get the best money can buy in 2011 and pay cash. Plus all the goodies will be out for it by then. I guess for me I get lucky in the sense that I'll only have to watch them drive around for a few months, cause I promise you I won't see any in the desert...LOL
Old 10-17-2008, 09:35 PM   #47
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunk31 View Post
I have no choice but wait. I had plans of being one of the first to order, but I just found out when my next deployment is and it doesn't make much sense for me to buy a car, drive it for 6-8 months and then have to store it for a year. So I'm just gonna save all my deployment money and get the best money can buy in 2011 and pay cash. Plus all the goodies will be out for it by then. I guess for me I get lucky in the sense that I'll only have to watch them drive around for a few months, cause I promise you I won't see any in the desert...LOL
Haha, just because you said that, watch a 2010 SS be dune-buggyin' out there in the middle of nowhere while you're in the middle of your current mission.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:10 AM   #48
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I was going to order today, cause I was told by my salesperson, who seemed rather knowledgeable and fair, that I would get 1.5% over invoice because I work with the sheriff's office. Well, I went in today and was told by the dealership owner's wife that there was no way they would honor that discount, and would only sell at MSRP. On top of that, I was initially told I needed a $500 deposit, but today it became $1,000. The deposit doesn't really matter, cause I have the money either way, but it's the principle. I also took a good long look at Cyber Gray and Imperial Blue on other cars, and I decided I really want Imperial Blue.

So in the end, I decided I didn't want to pay MSRP. I shouldn't have to pay MSRP on ANY car, especially not in the current economy and automotive market. It's a buyer's market out there, plain and simple. So I'm gonna wait a bit until dealerships start making better deals, which I believe will be MUCH sooner than many people think... And who knows? Perhaps by the time that day comes, I"ll be able to get the blue AND the HUD.

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:13 AM   #49
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
I just want the HUD.... Plus I want to put more down too!
linkwpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:15 AM   #50
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
I have no choice but to wait until within a couple months of my lease ending in summer of 09, so I'll be purchasing a Camaro hopefully by May-Aug of 09....
Old 10-18-2008, 12:58 AM   #51
Sharpe

Drives: White/White '99 Z28 M6 Y3F
I'm waiting for the second year, I think. It's going to be hard, though.

What sucks is, I bet for the third year the V8 will be DI...
Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:15 AM   #52
tav8ws6

Drives: 2003 Avalanche
So far, I know exactly what i want on my Camaro, however, ill be buying it in about 2 years when i graduate from college as a graduation gift to myself. how much is a college grad discount? haha
tav8ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:49 AM   #53
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Go ahead and wait if you will, guys and gals. But, remember this...

Turbos on smaller engines are the way of the future....it seems on a lot of cars. If you want a truly affordable V8 THAT HAS POTENTIAL to be SO MUCH MORE....don't hold off.

Go get your SS while you can now. It might be there later on....but also might be in V6 turbo form. You just never know. I know I'll be safe.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:43 AM   #54
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
And to add to Tags post, remember what Bob Lutz has said - "Get your ZR1 now". That comment added to all the chatter within GM about fuel efficiency tells me that GM will be stepping away from these "big" V8 engines.

Not saying that they won't build a supercharged V6 with as much HP as our L99/LS3's but they are going to focus on better fuel economy VS more horsepower.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:22 PM   #55
Dunk31
Instigator

Drives: 93 Z28, 70 Chevelle SS 97 Expo
Location: Kandahar, Afghanistan/St. Louis will always be home though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
Haha, just because you said that, watch a 2010 SS be dune-buggyin' out there in the middle of nowhere while you're in the middle of your current mission.
Dude I'd lose it!!!!!!!! I'm gonna order mine while I'm deployed. I have a couple friends that work at a dealership in MO and I'll be getting out after I get back from my deployment so I'm gonna order it while over there so I still get my military discount... I think I'll go home on leave b4 I go and tell them what I want and then I'll call and confirm any new options and see if I can't just order it like that? If not I'll order it while I'm home on R&R and I'll just schedule for someone else to pick it up if that can be done. That way I make sure I don't miss out on exactly what I want. Don't wanna give them too much time to change my beauty!
Old 10-18-2008, 12:35 PM   #56
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Yes I have to wait at least a year from now.
1. I'm broke
2. I'm in college full time
3. No job yet
4. Did I mention I'm broke?
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote