Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-15-2011, 06:50 AM   #15
Danprh427

Drives: 2010 Camaro
ask for a zl1 for trade
Danprh427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:08 AM   #16
HondaPowered

Drives: '09 Honda Civic LX
I was going to say, time to upgrade to an SS.

Dream camaro is either a 1/2SS with RS, black with red stripes, or red with white stripes.

No rice with my order.
HondaPowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:27 AM   #17
NavyDood
Retired Navy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by metthem View Post
They pay you back the full amount you have out of pocket plus any interest you have paid, plus any paperwork fees that you have incured. They make you whole.
Oh really, you sure about that? Each state is different. In TX the manufacturer must buy back the vehicle for the full purchase price, including taxes, title and license fee, minus an amount charged for the use of the vehicle. The amount deducted is decided according to a formula that takes into account the number of miles on the vehicle at the time of the hearing and other factors. So on a $35,000 vehicle (Sticker price) you will only get around $27,000. Add-ons and accessories (not on the sticker) are not considered refundable according to TX law.
NavyDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:35 AM   #18
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
I lemon lawed my 1992 Camaro Z/28 (Acid Rain) car was spot painted 10 times in a 5 month period I kept all of the paperwork GM gave the process took another 5-6 months when it was all said and done they gave me two options they would refund the full purchase price (I paid cash) or could pick out a new Camaro off the lot at of equal value the Z/28 I had cost approx. $14k a new 94 Z/28 was in the range of $22k on the lot I opted for a Black 1994 Z/28 I had no out of pocket expenses.

Good luck

Sean
Old 09-15-2011, 07:43 AM   #19
SpendyWendy

Drives: 2011 SW 2SS/RS M6 Delivered 5/20/11
I agree with NavyDood - we had a Chevrolet Venture Minivan Lemon Lawed back about 8 or 9 years ago - we had it 18 months and it was at the dealership 27 times - tranny went out at 3,000 miles. They had some formula and based on the miles (which weren't many) we got charged a certain amount - almost like you were renting the vehicle. In the end they paid off our loan and we got back about $6000. We ended up driving it to a local dealership - turning the keys in and walking away. That was the last NEW car we purchased until buying our 2011 Camaro back in April!

NY27LA - Sounds like they are taking care of you!
SpendyWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:51 AM   #20
Destinationlunar

Drives: 2010 2SS Jewel Red
Hang in there man just sounds like you just got a bad car! It happens sounds like GM wants to help so thats good. Hope everything works out!!
Destinationlunar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:12 AM   #21
Johnnyma45
Former Camaro Owner

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger R/T
Do we know what's wrong with his car? Was that in another thread? Also why is there an RS badge?
Old 09-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #22
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaPowered View Post
Hence, the real reason for most LS/LT lemon law claims.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:48 AM   #23
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
My wife had a subaru forester ...... anyway, had it replaced thru the NJ lemon law. No money went anywhere, we just signed over the car at the same time as signing for the new one. Take all your mods off. We did, then drove it down the street to get her a Highlander. Lol
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #24
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaPowered View Post
At least upgrade to a real RS.

The 19" wheels, no spoiler, and halogen headlights gave that away. But at least take the badge off and get your $11 back
Old 09-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #25
blackSSRS

Drives: 2010 RS
sucks about your car! hope you get a new one fast! and keep your RS emblem and put it on the new one. if you like the RS emblem its all the matters, don't listen to haters. I even thought of taking mine off, wonder if people would hate on me for not having it on there then? a fake non rs, ooooooooo
blackSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #26
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackSSRS View Post
sucks about your car! hope you get a new one fast! and keep your RS emblem and put it on the new one. if you like the RS emblem its all the matters, don't listen to haters. I even thought of taking mine off, wonder if people would hate on me for not having it on there then? a fake non rs, ooooooooo
If it is a 1LT, I can see yes he did do a lot of work.

The wheels on this car are not stock 1LT wheels, they are 2LT non RS 19" wheels.
The tail light tint, side marker tint, bowtie vinyls, and decals on the wheels. Not to mention the gas cap is one of the accessory gas caps.

I wasn't trying to be a hater about the RS badge. I just noticed it didn't have a spoiler, and the badge appears to be stuck on a little too high. I did see someone with a synergy green with a red SS badge here. That one I was hating on. However perhaps he bought a trunk lid with spoiler from an SS, and I don't know for sure.

See if you can find someone with an LS or 1LT, and trade them wheels before you lemon it!
Old 09-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #27
ny27la

Drives: 2012 Black LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrocJack View Post
What were you taking the car in for 10 times? all the same issue? Sorry about this.
Ya I posted in previous posts and threads about the problem its a really long story.

And it's only a 1lt I just put a lot of things into it exterior/interior that I felt it's different from other 1lts and deserves to be recognized.

And thanks for your concer everyone it means a lot!
ny27la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #28
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
I already did lemon law. Release of lien holder info is just information from the bank about how much is left on the loan, how much you have paid...etc..No big deal. Just take it to the bank and they fill it out and they or you fax it. Gm will make an offer to try to settle out of court. If GM recongnized its a lemon then their first offer will be trade or money back. If they were to fight you on it they would offer something like 2 grand, youll say no, then theyll offer 4 grand, youll say no then you go to court which takes about a year in a half. So its best to settle out of court. I got 12 k and it took about 6 months.
CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote