Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 01-29-2013, 12:10 AM   #43
only the beSSt

Drives: IOM 1LE, awaiting my return
Does anyone know if driving in competition mode or all-nannies-off affects the hill assist?
only the beSSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #44
ZL1Reaper

Drives: '13 Silver Ice Metallic ZL1
Somebody here mentioned the pedal pressure. The more pressure you apply, the more the Hill Assist will grab the wheels.
So I tested it out and it's true. If you step on the brake pedal just enough to hold the car, the Hill Assist will not engage. Or if it does, you cannot feel it. I haven't tried it on a very steep hill but the other ones that I drive through most of the time, the feature does not engage anymore.
Thanks to the smart person who realized that!
ZL1Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:59 AM   #45
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
hmm I'm not having any issues at all with it releasing.
mine works as it should I release clutch and it allows me to move..

I've been driving stick since I was 16 and I'm 41 now. and I love this feature. specially in the hill country I hated driving stick in Cali on 45 degree inclines in SF. this would make that a non issue.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #46
icalfan

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn18 View Post
I took the car out the other day and I just pulled the e-brake up one click until I took off and then released it. I will continue to do this until a fix is out for this. I am absolutely aggrivated to no end with this piece of sh%t feature on my car. I have been driving manual tranny cars for almost 20 yrs. without issue. I have stalled this thing more in three weeks than any other car I have ever owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THIS.....can ya tell?
The one-click-ebrake seems to be the best option at this point. The hill assist turns off as soon as the ebrake is engaged.
icalfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #47
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I think I'm actually getting the hang of using it. I am not using my parking brake as some are stating they are. The key for me is just waiting for that 2 seconds and then it releases. It still activates on inclines that I feel it shouldn't. I still would like the CHOICE of disabling it!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:30 AM   #48
Brandonmos

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
so is that one click on the e-brake at all times?...or just on hill takeoffs? (would it not overheat if left on?)
Old 02-02-2013, 03:19 AM   #49
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Just do it on hills. Unless you can live with the annoying chiming as you drive lol

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #50
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by only the beSSt View Post
Does anyone know if driving in competition mode or all-nannies-off affects the hill assist?
It doesn't on mine.
Comes on regardless.

Biggest problem I'm having now is going to turn right on red on a small hill. I don't realize the assist has come on because I'm looking at the heavy traffic coming my way looking for an opening to shoot into, then when I try to go, I'm being held. I'm not stalling as much now, but I'm burning the clutch a lot more.
Dupree878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #51
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupree878 View Post
It doesn't on mine.
Comes on regardless.

Biggest problem I'm having now is going to turn right on red on a small hill. I don't realize the assist has come on because I'm looking at the heavy traffic coming my way looking for an opening to shoot into, then when I try to go, I'm being held. I'm not stalling as much now, but I'm burning the clutch a lot more.

I had the same issue. It's a readjustment and timing issue with our feet, we are used to not having it. I just count one one thousand, two one thousand as I'm releasing the clutch ahead of time and it times out and releases. Much slower than I would like but at least I'm not stalling the car anymore!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #52
l008com

Drives: 2013 1LT Crystal Red/Beige Manual
Honestly, this is bullshit. I don't even have my '13 yet, and I'm already really pissed off that I'm going to have to deal with this. They need to add a way to disable it, even if it's a permanent switch done at the dealership. And they need to get on it ASAP.
l008com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #53
stangkilr

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Hell mine is so bad I keep stalling the car, and look like a dumbass. I HATE it!! GM should make it a feature you can simply shut off
stangkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #54
only the beSSt

Drives: IOM 1LE, awaiting my return
That sucks. I hope someone can tune it out. I am surprised we haven'y gotten more input from reputable tuners as to why this isn't possible (I assume so, otherwise it would be common knowledge).
only the beSSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #55
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
I just hope this thread is archived so my family can find it and sue GM if I get killed in a wreck if my car stalls in an intersection again.
Dupree878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #56
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
Im not buying untill this can be disabled. It should be switched with the default as 'off', that way, if you feel you need it, push the button and turn it on. Sounds too much like common sense I guess.
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote