Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 09-09-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
For any and all smokers that live in Texas right now.

First off, I don't know how you can smoke in your Camaro, but whetever.

If any of you throw your cigarette butts out the window while driving, you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. As severe as the drought is in our state right now, you should know better.

It's bad enough that you're littering, which is a big no-no in this state, but to throw something out your window that can ignite a massive wildfire and destroy homes is just ignorant and shows a complete lack of respect for your surroundings and other people.

Do everyone a favor, keep an empty soda can in the cup holder and dispose of your unhealthy habit there.

/rant

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Well said, man. I totally agree! Those fires in the Stone Oak area were too close to home! They closed down Summer Glen, which is the upscale housing area just south of mine. I'm glad we didn't have to evacuate!!

Last edited by rjdapilmoto; 09-09-2011 at 11:07 AM.
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
Johnnyma45
Former Camaro Owner

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger R/T
+100. If you want to smoke, more power to you, but don't throw the butts out the window - where in your lives did you learn that throwing sh!t out the window been "ok"? I want to personally ram every car I see on the road doing that - it's disgusting and illegal and, as stated above, can start devastating fires.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Pay Attention!

Don't make me say this again.....
Attached Images

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #5
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Bastrop on Fire!

BIL sent me this (he works for the Chevrolet dealer in Bastrop):

Monday afternoon on day 2 looking East just past the dealership.
Attached Images

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #6
black.

Drives: IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdapilmoto View Post
Well said, man. I totally agree! Those fires in the Stone Oak area were too close to home! They closed down Summer Glen, which is the upscale housing area just south of mine. I'm glad we didn't have to evacuate!!

Those fires were right behind my townhome complex, everytime I leave the complex I get a reminder of how careless people can be. Thank you SAWS for having my garage smell like a bbq pit.
black. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_rod View Post
BIL sent me this (he works for the Chevrolet dealer in Bastrop):

Monday afternoon on day 2 looking East just past the dealership.
Holy shit
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #8
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS & 1999 Corvette
If I'm not mistaken, the cops are looking for 4 teenage kids(2 boys and 2 girls) seen running from the scene where this fire was thought to have started.

...and yes I agree, don't throw your cigarette butts out of the car window, use a damn ashtray like I do.

Good luck, we are dealing with our own wildfire here.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #9
BumbleBee3
Roll Out

Drives: 2012 2SS Transformer Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by kga10734 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the cops are looking for 4 teenage kids(2 boys and 2 girls) seen running from the scene where this fire was thought to have started.

...and yes I agree, don't throw your cigarette butts out of the car window, use a damn ashtray like I do.

Good luck, we are dealing with our own wildfire here.
Those kids they are looking for are for setting the fire in Leander that burned an apartment complex down this week, not the Bastrop one just FYI.

I happen to be a smoker (currently quiting) I use a E-Cig in the car tho. And the fire in Bastrop was partly caused by 1 electrical fire and the rest of the fires there were started due to people BBQ when the wind was really bad, I don't believe any of them were actually started by smokers tossing their butts out.

But yeah I agree if you smoke don't litter, you don't mess with Texas.

On a side note if you don't smoke you might not know that most companies have changed cigs to go out quicker where if you're not taking a drag they go out, use too once you light a cig it burns to the filter not anymore. Not saying they can't start a fire, just saying it doesn't happen because it does, it just doesn't happen "as often" from a thrown cig out of a car.

BumbleBee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #10
BumbleBee3
Roll Out

Drives: 2012 2SS Transformer Edition
Picks and video from the fire.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3128620...th/6118672081/

BumbleBee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:50 PM   #11
Happy Pappy
Sam & Marsha

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Black
It amazes me the number of people I have followed and watched them throw their lit cigs out the window. If you don't think these things cause fires just drive up 183 and look at all of the charred areas on the side of the road. These are not from BBQ's or Electrical lines these fires were started by thoughtless, careless, smoking idiots. I wonder how many of these people would like to have someone drive up to their house and throw out some gas and a match in their yard. This is exactly what they are doing when they throw a cigarette out in these conditions. Everyone needs to be smart in this environment when it comes to anything that can cause a fire.
Our household was evacuated twice in the past week because of the Perdenales fire and I guarantee that if I see someone throw out a lit cigarette again I will be calling the police and following the individual to make sure they account for their actions. The thought that I could loose everything because someone couldn't keep their trash in their car makes me sick!

My Rant
Happy Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:49 PM   #12
hawkfe

Drives: 2014 Stingray 3LT
I see it everyday and it just pisses the hell out of me. If I could only mount a .50 cal in the nose of the car. Wonder if Ofer could do a mod for this?
Attached Images

hawkfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #13
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
While some of the fires here in the Conroe/Houston/Magnolia are arson, several have started by dumb-asses throwing cigs out the window or burning their trash in the yard. I'm really amazed that people think with all the fires going on that these aren't stupid moves. I have lost a little faith in human intelligence in this whole ordeal. That or people just dont care and thats just as bad.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:48 PM   #14
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
what makes you think a smoker started that....
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote