Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 06-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
2SSRSinBama

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro CGM
Eastcoast Supercharging...

I may get in trouble for posting this but felt it needed to be seen... No matter who is right or wrong, this is highly unprofessional and is no way to treat paying customers....

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1653023

2010 Camaro SS L99... has a few mods
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
Wow! The ECS response =

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
McBeevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
Gibby'SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
I WILL NEVER EVER CONSIDER A PURCHASE, INSTALL OR TUNE FROM ECS OR THIS DOUG CHARACTER.

That's too bad. After my head and cam install I am going to add a blower and guess who was on that list of potential companies? Not any more.

Pathetic.
[COLOR="Blue"]CAI Intake, Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers and full exhaust, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, TFS Gen X 255 heads, custom VVT cam by Pat Guerra, RX Catch Can, Pedderized suspension, ghosted side markers, Technostalgia tail lights, Big Worm spears, Forgestar f14 in gunmetal, Nitto Invo 275/315

455HP/422TQ.
Gibby'SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Even if Doug was correct, and the mechanics of that car was junk, publically saying he'd rather be out of business than deal with that, is pure business suicide. That will come back to haunt him.

So many better ways to handle that.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #5
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/tran...xperience.html
Old 06-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #6
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
WOW, I'm very surprised. My car was there a few weeks back and I had no issues, especially with Doug.

When I was there, I did see something that I've NEVER-EVER seen in any shop...Doug actually used a torque wrench to tighten my wheels. Crazy, I know.

Just goes to show you, that every shop might have some bad stories kickin around on the 'net...and there's always 2 sides to most of those stories. This is the first bad experience I've seen w/ ECS...many more good stories out there.

AND SERIOUSLY, Rich Cognat really needs to learn how to use paragraphs.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
WOW, I'm very surprised. My car was there a few weeks back and I had no issues, especially with Doug.

When I was there, I did see something that I've NEVER-EVER seen in any shop...Doug actually used a torque wrench to tighten my wheels. Crazy, I know.

Just goes to show you, that every shop might have some bad stories kickin around on the 'net...and there's always 2 sides to most of those stories.

BUT SERIOUSLY, Rich Cognat really needs to learn how to use paragraphs.

No doubt need to hear the ECS side

In that kids defense, he did say please excuse the way it was written due to the fact he was trying to get all his thoughts out ASAP. I had no trouble following it. I doubt you did as well.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #8
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post

In that kids defense, he did say please excuse the way it was written due to the fact he was trying to get all his thoughts out ASAP. I had no trouble following it. I doubt you did as well.
no problem following it, but my eyeballs feel like they are going to bleed out of my head now though. how hard is it to push the "enter" key every once in a while?
Old 06-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #9
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
no problem following it, but my eyeballs feel like they are going to bleed out of my head now though. how hard is it to push the "enter" key every once in a while?
Apparently for today's youth it's quite difficult.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #10
2SSRSinBama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post

Doug gave his side and came off as a complete douche bag in doing so, even if he is right, his response to the LS1tech world shined a very negative light on the company...

Old 06-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #11
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRSinBama View Post
Doug gave his side and came off as a complete douche bag in doing so, even if he is right, his response to the LS1tech world shined a very negative light on the company...
True, but maybe that kid was a dick to them? Maybe the car was hacked. Something had to get Doug so fired up. That's not how he is.

Yes, his response back was full of doucebagary. I agree 1000%.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #12
2SSRSinBama

he may be 100% right, but that is beside the point... the fact he gave the exact same response on the forum that the kid said he gave in real life, is the story here... all he had to do is say "the car's setup wasn't up to our standard, so we told him to have it checked out before returning"... not "go kill yourself kid, you fail at life, I don't want customers!"... that is just stupid

and you know, it started as just ONE customer in Doug's eyes, he had a disagreement with one customer, but I assure you, this story has picked up legs and is spreading like wildfire

negativity spreads a lot faster than standup work, I promise you that.. its not the customers car that I have a problem with, it may be a P.O.S., its the manner in which a representative of ECS handled the situation, if I owned the company I know what i'd be doing, putting in a call for a world class LS tuner like tomorrow while Doug went and flipped burgers or something where he can get pissed off but no one cares because he makes $7.95/hr

Old 06-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #13
cvp33
America FVCK Yeah!

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
ECS had everything to lose in their response and they succeeded. Compassion for a fellow car enthusiast goes a long way in my book. ECS had a chance to be a hero and squandered it with a chest pounding ego-laced tirade. Oh the humanity.......or lack of.
2005 CTS-V SOLD
2006 300C SRT-8 SOLD
2006 300C SRT-8 SOLD
2010 CTS-V SOLD
2012 CTS-V coupe SOLD
2013 ZL1 vert SOLD
2016 Callaway Z06 SOLD
2019 Z06 SOLD

"I lived my life by one motto.......mottos are for losers" cvp33
cvp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #14
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRSinBama View Post
he may be 100% right, but that is beside the point... the fact he gave the exact same response on the forum that the kid said he gave in real life, is the story here... all he had to do is say "the car's setup wasn't up to our standard, so we told him to have it checked out before returning"... not "go kill yourself kid, you fail at life, I don't want customers!"... that is just stupid

and you know, it started as just ONE customer in Doug's eyes, he had a disagreement with one customer, but I assure you, this story has picked up legs and is spreading like wildfire

negativity spreads a lot faster than standup work, I promise you that
Yup, I totally agree. I wasn't trying defend Doug. His response was unacceptable. It will hurt ECS in the long run.