Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #1
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Anyone who has used Z-PC

I will be using this on my Black SS tomorrow, I am wondering if anyone has any tips, thanks!

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:27 AM   #2
Gib

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, RJT 04 Silverado
Why do you need to use (are useing) Z-PC? I have used Z-PC twice on two different cars. Both cars were daily drivers that only saw drive through car washes for three or more years. They also spent most of their time outside with no cover. Both cars had serious swirl marks and stains. The Z-PC did a great job on restoring the finish. I used a Cyclo dual head/dual action polisher on the horizonal surfaces and by hand on the vertical surfaces.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:38 AM   #3
RobertHarriSS

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
I used Z-PC on my Camaro when I brought it home. It had a scratch in the clear coat on the hood. It works great. I would only use it where you have flaws that you're trying to fix. Use Z-5 if you have fine scratches or Z-2 if your paint looks good. Use less then you think you'll need with all Zaino products, it goes a long way. Let it dry real good, if humidity is up, it will take longer to fully dry. The ZFX will help drying time. Most people that have problems with Zaino products either apply too much or don't let it fully dry.
RobertHarriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:42 AM   #4
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
I will be using this on my Black SS tomorrow, I am wondering if anyone has any tips, thanks!
I've used Z-PC on occassion and it has worked well in removing stubborn swirls, etc.

"apply a small amount of Zaino Z-PC Fusion to a cotton or foam applicator pad (draw an "X" from corner-to corner of your pad). Work a small area (no bigger than 2' x 2') with the Zaino Fusion, using firm motions. Work the product for as long as necessary - stop to occasionally check your progress. Circular motions may be used, but always finish with front-to-back or up-and-down motions."

Follow up with the polish once you're satisfied with the results of Z-PC.

Ed
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:11 AM   #5
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gib View Post
Why do you need to use (are useing) Z-PC? I have used Z-PC twice on two different cars. Both cars were daily drivers that only saw drive through car washes for three or more years. They also spent most of their time outside with no cover. Both cars had serious swirl marks and stains. The Z-PC did a great job on restoring the finish. I used a Cyclo dual head/dual action polisher on the horizonal surfaces and by hand on the vertical surfaces.
Something i used, swirled it to all hell, so im gonna get rid of those and repolish

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:51 AM   #6
Gib

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, RJT 04 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Something i used, swirled it to all hell, so im gonna get rid of those and repolish
If the swirls are not to deep, you may want to try several coats of Z-5 first. Just try it on one panel and see how it goes. I say this because the Z-PC is going to cut into the clear coat a tiny bit and there is not much there.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:09 PM   #7
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
I really like the Z-CS clear seal as a finishing touch. Check out my new pic, it doesn't get much shinier than that!