Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-21-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
Danko

Drives: 2010 Corvette MTX
Cheap LS insurance?

I have read somewhere, recently, that some insurance companies are giving a break on LS insurance. My company is not one of them. Who knows of a good company giving a break on LS insurance? I may be getting an LS for a 21 year-old daughter and insurance cost is important. thnx!
Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
As long as you don't open up her own insurance you shouldn't take to big of a hit. If she has it under her name, regardless who you go with, she still is under 24 and your looking at a huge bill.
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:33 AM   #3
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
1) check company websites for quotes.
2) call your agent or another one that handles multiple underwriters for a quote.
3) become very familiar with the rating and rate setting in your state as every single state has different rules, regulations and underwriting standards for rate setting.

a general rule is that less power equals lower rates, relatively speaking. that said, age, type of car, age of car, availability of parts, driving record of other owners, etc. all play a factor.

good luck.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #4
5thgencamaro11
The Need for Speed!

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2LT
20 year old male here on a 1lt a/t its about 160 bucks a month in my own name goes down to 89 a month when i turn 21 in may.

A6 /High Wing Spoiler / Black Rally Stripes/ Side Hockey Stripes
5thgencamaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:57 AM   #5
Danko

Well those are well-meaning comments but no help except possibly for the last one of USAA. After 30 some years, I left USAA and went to my current company which was about half USAA's rates, so I am not optimistic about them, but my current company rates all new Camaros as 23s. Vettes are 18s and HHR LSs are 13s and HHR and Malibu LTs are 15s on their scale so it shows what I am up against. So I will ask my question again. Is anyone aware of an ins co. that is giving a break on LS insurance? Actual examples, not suggestions, please.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
Vuron00

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT
I'm not sure what kind of LS break you're talking about, but the insurance on our LT was actually lower than rates on our current Civic and Tundra. The new camaros have so many safety options (airbags, onstar, etc.) that it was cheaper than our 2002-2004 vehicles. This was with Nationwide and Allstate.
Vuron00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #7
Danko

Still looking for an example of an ins co giving lower rates for LSs than other Camaros.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:48 PM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
it doesn't matter, whether you have a LS or an LT, both have the same engine, that is what insurance companies look at. you might get a better quote from one company to the next, but it has nothing to do with an LS or LT designator, it has EVERYTHING to do with the engine combo.