Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-08-2011, 11:30 PM   #463
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Shipping next month? To who? We don't know if it works yet... I think in the end it all comes down to tuning. The piece parts to get forced induction is fairly easy to design and readily available.

The tuning seems to be the big, humongous issue.

Last edited by formare; 12-09-2011 at 12:01 AM.
formare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:01 AM   #464
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Maybe they aren't aware of the history where there is a number of burn out post of over promise. I will say the ONLY rep has been on is not an official rep. He was just an employee believing. Without official sponsership and real life numbers I have flashbacks of Adtkins.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:19 AM   #465
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrackie View Post
This is why I wounder why the dramatic press release with nothing but dyno sheet. Streetability and track times mean way more than a dyno video to me. All goes back to my question of why they think this is ready for release by end of month with What appears to be little if any daily driver testing.
Yep....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
It's a good guess. I bet that's same reason Lingenfelter shot all these crazy burnout hype videos but then abandoned the entire project once they realized the kit couldn't be streetable. And it's probably the same reason Procharger or no one else wants to touch the LLT. Procharger has a 2011 Mustang V6 kit for sale NOW! making 475hp.

We are 19 pages in and no hard numbers yet. This kit is supposed to be shipping next month.

And Yep...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:20 AM   #466
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
Shipping next month? To who? We don't know if it works yet... I think in the end it all comes down to tuning. The piece parts to get forced induction is fairly easy to design and readily available.

The tuning seems to be the big, humongous issue.
To all those people who pre-ordered!
Old 12-09-2011, 04:21 AM   #467
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
Maybe they aren't aware of the history where there is a number of burn out post of over promise. I will say the ONLY rep has been on is not an official rep. He was just an employee believing. Without official sponsership and real life numbers I have flashbacks of Adtkins.
Adkins... Lingenfelter... STS (via AAC) to some extent...
Old 12-09-2011, 10:40 AM   #468
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
sigh - i was so excited for this one. It appears at this point the LLT is just going to fade away. Guess GM was right to quickly drop it from the camaro offering. anybody know a good used IBM or Synergy SS for sale under 26k? I passed on 2 of them waiting for this kit......
Old 12-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #469
cjt037
boost+v6=me=:)

Drives: Turbo'd 6er
Starting to lose faith in all of the companys on here
cjt037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #470
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
It's only been a few days since the video, their bussiness plan does not revolve solely around this forum, I'm pretty sure they have good reason to trickle info out. Even though we have been duped by others, I think this one will come through.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #471
cjt037
boost+v6=me=:)

Drives: Turbo'd 6er
I don't think the tq going to be strong enough to overtake anything serious
cjt037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #472
CamaroFreako
KMK

Drives: Slow V6 Camaro
From IPF youtube video

"Our friends at Firebird were nice enough to let us have access to the track, but pulling out light trees and timing staff wasn't an option. And we broke our VBox the night before. We are planning to get the car to the track for 1/4 mile very shortly, so stay tuned."
CamaroFreako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #473
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
sigh - i was so excited for this one. It appears at this point the LLT is just going to fade away. Guess GM was right to quickly drop it from the camaro offering. anybody know a good used IBM or Synergy SS for sale under 26k? I passed on 2 of them waiting for this kit......
Not sure how you can say that

As of this point in time, the future for the LLT is looking brighter than it ever has (as far as modding is concerned). I'm sorry you are now writing this one off when we don't even have the data yet. IPF has moved rather quickly on the project compared to most other FI projects out there in the past in my opinion.

If you want more power now, go get yourself an RX turbo, and STS turbo, or if you just want a supercharger, give this another few weeks or a month for hard data, or just make the jump to an SS.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:38 AM   #474
BigJake707
Resident Cynic

Drives: "Shakira" 2010 Camaro 1LT V6
It's no surprise that companies have started these projects and scrapped them with so many naysayers, smart asses, and negative nancies.

This company owes you nothing. They did r+d on this kit, featured it at SEMA, are selling supplimental powertrain warranty with it, started viral advertising via youtube and you people want 1/4 mile times and track slips?! Give me a fussin' break.

Why don't you all just keep your negativity bottled up for now as this is, thus far, the ONLY prayer any californians have at getting a legit supercharger kit.

Thank you IPF for your research and development of this kit and showing some love to the oft forgotten V6 stepchildren. Keep plugging away and I hope to own your kit pending release and *cross fingers* CARB approval.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
BigJake707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #475
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJake707 View Post
It's no surprise that companies have started these projects and scrapped them with so many naysayers, smart asses, and negative nancies.

This company owes you nothing. They did r+d on this kit, featured it at SEMA, are selling supplimental powertrain warranty with it, started viral advertising via youtube and you people want 1/4 mile times and track slips?! Give me a fussin' break.

Why don't you all just keep your negativity bottled up for now as this is, thus far, the ONLY prayer any californians have at getting a legit supercharger kit.

Thank you IPF for your research and development of this kit and showing some love to the oft forgotten V6 stepchildren. Keep plugging away and I hope to own your kit pending release and *cross fingers* CARB approval.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TOLD WHEN I RAISED QUESTIONS ABOUT ADKINS AND WE KNOW HOW THAT WORKED OUT!!!

Heard the same argument about the STS kit... give them some time... hell, it's been how long and seems no one has been able to just install it and go without some fairly serious issue along the way...

And why the HELL wouldn't potential customers WANT 1/4 mile data! SH*T, the the AAC STS car ran way SLOWER than STOCK!!!

So you are really going to spend $6K (at least) and not know if your car will be faster than a simply modded NA V6 Camaro?
Old 12-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #476
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacc Mamba View Post
It's only been a few days since the video, their bussiness plan does not revolve solely around this forum, I'm pretty sure they have good reason to trickle info out. Even though we have been duped by others, I think this one will come through.
Reason... yeah, they have less than stellar results from the track... at least that would be my guess... Heck I run a new PB at the track and I'm calling people, I'm texting people, I'm posting left and right... And i'm not even try to sell anything... LOL